Player Watch Will Ashcroft - Better than Nick Daicos?

Remove this Banner Ad

timokane

Club Legend
Oct 2, 2018
AFL Club
Collingwood
Youngest ever Norm Smith Medalist, and did so having come back into the team mid-season from a torn ACL.

For all the media carry-on Nick Daicos has gotten in Victoria, has everyone overlooked the ability of Will Ashcroft up in Brisbane? They are both quality players, but it feels like Ashcroft has a harder edge to his game. There is a reason he won the Norm Smith today, whereas Daicos didn't last year.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Easily Ashcroft.

I thought it before and this GF performance proves it.

Sadly I don’t think Daicos will get a chance to prove his worth in a GF or even finals again.

He’ll have fun collecting individual awards in non-finals sides though which is ok I guess.
LOL, enjoy your next 10 years watching other sides make the finals while you add to your spoon collection.
Daicos and Ashcroft will both be playing finals for years to come.

Huge finals series from Ashcroft, can't wait to see how he progresses next year

7zbmsd0e0hu01.jpg

Really wish the title wasn't "better than Nick Daicos" though. Everyone is always going to compare and that's fine but what Nick has achieved so far in his career is outstanding and everyone so quickly wants to tear him down, it's cringe.

Not at all. Ashcroft is a gun, and played a great grand final (remember those?).
Ashcroft might end up better than Daicos, or he might not. Well just have to wait and see.
One thing is for sure though, no St Blunda father-son will be entering that conversation, all your old "stars" shoot blanks.

Last edited by a moderator:
Really wish the title wasn't "better than Nick Daicos" though. Everyone is always going to compare and that's fine but what Nick has achieved so far in his career is outstanding and everyone so quickly wants to tear him down, it's cringe.

Not so much him, just tear down the Collingwood fans who claim he is going to be the best player who ever lived.

Remove this Banner Ad

Player Watch Will Ashcroft - Better than Nick Daicos?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back