Player Watch Will Ashcroft - Better than Nick Daicos?

Remove this Banner Ad

Ashcroft boys can play catch up.

Daicos boys are Vo Rogue and the Ashcroft boys can be Kiwi.

We can add another top 3 in the club best and Fairest for the Daicos boys, after Josh finished 3rd last night.

Dude Levi is meant to be better than Will, Daicos boys are yesterdayā€™s news. Pies ainā€™t going anywhere with them now.

Both will be long term guns and both sets of supporters should be very happy.

Slight nitpick, but Ashcroft doesnā€™t seem to get huge distance with his kicks? GF day was the first time Iā€™d seen him live, fully deserved the Norm but it seeemed like his kicks maxed out at about 40m? I couldā€™ve imgained it though.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

'Who is better - Washcroft or Naicos?'

Arrow's answer - 'Sheezel'.

Obsession is real.
Sheezel is a freak of the highest order tbf though. If he stays relatively injury free, he probably has another couple of gears yet which is terrifying.

Sheezel is a freak of the highest order tbf though. If he stays relatively injury free, he probably has another couple of gears yet which is terrifying.
I didn't say he wasn't.

Just pointing out he isn't a relevant option for this thread.

But it's not the first time Carlton supporters are living vicariously through other teams and their star players.

What would 'another gear' be?

Are we talking Brownlow / Coaches Award / MVP contention? In the same way Daicos has contended for all of these awards from his second season?

I didn't say he wasn't.

Just pointing out he isn't a relevant option for this thread.

But it's not the first time Carlton supporters are living vicariously through other teams and their star players.

What would 'another gear' be?

Are we talking Brownlow / Coaches Award / MVP contention? In the same way Daicos has contended for all of these awards from his second season?
No one's having a go at Naicos so not sure why so defensive.

What would be fairer would be to have Ashcroft / Sheezel vs Nick Daicos.

All Australians

Nick Daicos 2
Sheezcroft 0

Brownlow Votes
Nick Daicos 77
Sheezcroft 27

Coaches Award
Daicos 1
Sheezcroft 0
If you throw in JHF, does the trio get closer, as it's a bit unfair with Ashcroft missing a year due to his knee injury, and therefore only comparing 3 seasons from Naicos with 3 seasons from Sheezcroft.

Not accurate. The main board was littered with posts in late 2021 suggesting Horne-Francis was well clear. Most draft fanatics had him firmly as #1 too.

Because they knew they werent getting him. Roos still should have bid on him to force Collingwood to pay even more for him. That they didnt makes you wonder what deal Collingwood offered them for the future.

I think Ascroft is more the traditional RR and better at it than Daicos.
Daicos, I think is just a different sortve player. I know McRae played him more around the ball in the first half of games this year but I think they had to without Mitchell or a dedicated ground ball/hard ball get type.
Daicos reminds me of the main midfield player in a soccer team. When heā€™s got the ball and hits the go button coming through the square, everybody hits the go button and Daicos hits passes at max speed and creates things that not many can he gets back in the chain and the oppo canā€™t deal with him because there are so many options. Sheezel is good at it but Daicos is very good at it.
Around the stoppage there isnā€™t as many creative options, oppo and def down the line have a better idea of where the ball is going to go.
When heā€™s running off H/B, no one is really sure where the ball is going to go.
He did well because heā€™s a very good player, but Collingwood didnā€™t win enough games with him around the stoppage.

To win the Norm in your second year after returning from a knee reco >>>>>>>> Daicos
Itā€™s unbelievably incredible. Heā€™s a kid.
Not since Dick Reynolds and the kid from Tongala ..has such a young player shown such dominance in the big league.

Nicky runs and runs and gets the ball from otherā€™s hard efforts. And thatā€™s ok.

But heā€™s not in the same category of toughness and aggression as this boy.

Remove this Banner Ad

Player Watch Will Ashcroft - Better than Nick Daicos?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back