Will Collingwood lose a game this year

Remove this Banner Ad

Re: Re: Will Collingwood lose a game this year

Originally posted by Freo Hitman
You are as dumb as a mules back side , you penile extension of gay mans stained anatomy .

Yep Round 4 , with all the same ol' band wagon jumpers ....The wobbles fell .............

Originally posted by grinspoon
this coming from a fredismantle fan..... damn 1 loss to the top side at there home ground is indeed the wheels falling off.:rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: ill bet itll take freo 8 rounds to get to 3 wins to ;)

Hey man dont try and gloss over the situation you's lost by picking on perennial losers and ones you havent beaten since 2001 ;):D

See this kind of ****iness gets you pie fans in big trouble. There is nothing wrong with being optimistic..but being arrogant and ****y..always comes back to bite you on the arse.

Suffer pies fans...suffer!!
:D :D

The problem with Collingwood fans is that they just expect success to happen for them, because of last year.

After their loss to the Bombers, incredibly Nick the Pie Man said that he wasn't worried (I would have been if it were my club!). It was an aberration, apparently. Joel posted they they will s**t it in against Sydney, and the general consensus was that they would bounce back hard against the Swans.

On what basis would they bounce back hard? Those 13 home and away wins and massive percentage last year? :rolleyes: Their wins against quality opposition this year? :rolleyes: Their 2 wins from 9 previous encounters against the Swans? :rolleyes:

There was nothing to suggest they should have had any confidence at all last night, other than the fact they made the previous year's Grand Final, and even that was on the back of only 13 wins.

I simply find it amazing that the Pie fans are so confident that their team will just continue on from where they left off last year, like last year was some rite of passage for them. Reminds me of Richmond in 1996 after their strong 1995 season. Or Geelong in 1990 after losing the '89 Grand Final. Or Melbourne in 2001 after losing the 2000 Grand Final.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Originally posted by Dan26
The problem with Collingwood fans is that they just expect success to happen for them, because of last year.

After their loss to the Bombers, incredibly Nick the Pie Man said that he wasn't worried (I would have been if it were my club!). It was an aberration, apparently. Joel posted they they will s**t it in against Sydney, and the general consensus was that they would bounce back hard against the Swans.

On what basis would they bounce back hard? Those 13 home and away wins and massive percentage last year? :rolleyes: Their wins against quality opposition this year? :rolleyes: Their 2 wins from 9 previous encounters against the Swans? :rolleyes:

There was nothing to suggest they should have had any confidence at all last night, other than the fact they made the previous year's Grand Final, and even that was on the back of only 13 wins.

I simply find it amazing that the Pie fans are so confident that their team will just continue on from where they left off last year, like last year was some rite of passage for them. Reminds me of Richmond in 1996 after their strong 1995 season. Or Geelong in 1990 after losing the '89 Grand Final. Or Melbourne in 2001 after losing the 2000 Grand Final.

I think reality has dawned on them like a sledge hammer to the head.

Rumours are MM gave Eddie a dressing down for giving the opposition so much amunition over the last few weeks.

Eddie has been quite vocal about Brisbane (cap), Essendon (lloyd video, general rivalry), Sydney (cap, and Colless) and all three teams have lifted and won against them.
Trouble is, he hasnt minded giving Carey a bit this year, and interstate teams in general, so Adelaide will come out blazing as well.

Originally posted by Dan26

Beating every other finalist last year was a very good reason to expect success this year. Add to that the fact most of our team are still very young and have not peaked yet. So its only fair to assume as a team we would improve more collectively. We aren't gone yet, but I think we may have to review what our goal is.

Originally posted by grayham
Rumours are MM gave Eddie a dressing down for giving the opposition so much amunition over the last few weeks.
Where did you hear that rumour grayham?
In your head no doubt.

I certainly think Collingwood fans expect too much of their team this year. They did a fantastic job making the GF last year, and they may be able to repeat it, but it's certainly not as likely as some seem to think.

Their season last year was very up and down, and hardly points toward a powerhouse team this year. As for making last year's GF, that's hardly an indicator future success. Ess struggled in 2002, Melb were crap in 2001, StK were ordinary in 1998, and same with the Swans in 1997 and Geelong in 1996, 1992 and 1990.

They rely very heavily on Buckley and Rocca, and their slow game really showed them up last night. Also, their tackling and pressure is normally pretty good, and that was missing last night. Interesting to see if they can regain their confidence to play like with that intensity again for an extended period.

Originally posted by MarkT
In your head no doubt.

Maybe it is just a rumour but I'd bet that MM would love to make it fact.

Originally posted by MarkT
In your head no doubt.

I have my sources Mark.

And they are a bit more reliable than yours if you are still sticking to the theory that Collingwood will finish 9 places higher than Sydney ($10 donated to bigfooty thankyou), and Cloke will stand Carey next week. (Clokes been badly exposed one out of late, so MM will hide him from Key forwards wherever possible).

Remove this Banner Ad

Will Collingwood lose a game this year

Remove this Banner Ad

Back