Will Freo be the last team to win an AFL premiership?

Remove this Banner Ad

Is it? Lets look how ridiculously stupid it was.

Ahhh look at that. Currently 24 players on our list younger than your 2nd pick in the draft this year. Over half our list :eek: Funniest thing is that Ballantyne is only 18 months older than Kepler Bradley :D :D

And what about your other 'young kids' like Josh Head in his 9th game... oh hang on he is 26 years old HAHAHAAHAHAHA

Good to see the focus is on 'youth' :D :D

Mundy summed it up perfectly but just to add lets have a look at your young talent shall we.

Nick Naitanui 2009

Games - 6
Kicks - 10 (Avg - 1.7)
Marks - 6 (Avg - 1.0)

So he offers 2 kicks and 1 mark a game, what a gun :thumbsu:

Selective stats.. Such a great way to win an argument :thumbsu:

Averages 10 touches, 3.7 tackles, 12.2 HO, 1.2 I50. Not bad for a first year ruckman who is only starting to get more time in the centre.

But I'll play your way. Have a look at Zach Clarke. This year: 0 goals, 0 I50, averaging 1.8 kicks a game & 1.7 marks.

What a star

Selective stats.. Such a great way to win an argument :thumbsu:

Averages 10 touches, 3.7 tackles, 12.2 HO, 1.2 I50. Not bad for a first year ruckman who is only starting to get more time in the centre.

But I'll play your way. Have a look at Zach Clarke. This year: 0 goals, 0 I50, averaging 1.8 kicks a game & 1.7 marks.

What a star

Gary Handball's prodigy aye :thumbsu:

First year ruckman that is the only playing ruckman in the team, hmm :rolleyes:

Draft blunders they'll kill ya. ;)

lol weagles supporters dont care about derbies, yet start up threads like this...seriously get over us already :eek:

nothing to do with derbies buddy...

what I was merely eluding to was that:

There are a couple of new teams coming into the competition which is super for the dockers - they will finally have some others teams in the comp with a similar record of success (eg 0 premierships)

what i am wondering is if the 2 new teams will have success (meaning = premiership, for all those unfortunate docker fans yet to taste any success) before the dockers finally manage to get over that hurdle and finally win a gf.

But judging by the responses from docker fools, its still pretty bloody obvious you still count the derby as a gf - thats all the ammo you got!!

this isnt a thread about how much more successful the eagles are in comparision to the rabble, its about the dockers ability to progress from this point on....

I only hope for your teams sake you guys can manage to win one before WSYD, its clear GC will be more competitive than you guys.

Anyway, I hope you can comprehend all that....and good luck!

Mundy summed it up perfectly but just to add lets have a look at your young talent shall we.

Nick Naitanui 2009

Games - 6
Kicks - 10 (Avg - 1.7)
Marks - 6 (Avg - 1.0)

So he offers 2 kicks and 1 mark a game, what a gun :thumbsu:

FAIL

he insults awesome docker talent like josh head

then you try to rip on the greatest ruckman/rover to ever grace the game.

for shame

Very funny stuff this.

Send in the clowns

Although the foolish trading and marketing decisions made Fremantle a laughing stock in the eastern states, doing the hard time on the bottom of the ladder helped the Dockers attract a different breed of supporter. There is a saying, that "its not whether you win or lose its how you play the game". Of course, this is just another way of saying "we lost". Because of consistent floggings, Fremantle fans came to appreciate that there is more to football than onfield success. Because watching their team humiliated necessitated creativity to keep their spirit highs, Docker fans created imaginative banners, dressed up in silly attire and of course, hit each other with inflatable anchors.

Although losing helped breed eccentricity, some credit should also be given to Fremantle's colour code of purple and green, which are the worst colours in world sport. Fremantle's marketers should have known that if they made their fans wear them, they couldn't seriously expect them to be concerned about societal approval. Consequently, masses of purple hair at Fremantle games has concerned citizens in dire fear that Damn Edna Everage has become trendy. World tourists, already coming to terms with Australians wearing moleskins and ugg boots, are horrified to see people wearing purple and green bomber jackets that has them resembling apple and grape lollipops.

Perhaps the most interesting aspect of the Fremantle club is its egalitarian supporter base. The spirit shown in the America's cup when billionaires and wharfies drank side by side is evident in the demographics of the clubs supporter base. Although the Dockers are promoted as working class, they have now attracted a strong following among yuppies. Perhaps the yuppies have embraced Fremantle because it offers something few other clubs in any code can; an egalitarian spirit of larrikinism, eccentricity and solidarity.Yes, the Dockers are losers, but the yuppies succeed in other areas of life so it doesnn't matter

Fremantle jokes

Q)When eating a clown, what did one canibal docker supporter say to the other?
A) Does this taste funny to you?

Q - What's the difference between the Dockers and a square?
A - A square has four points.

Q - Whats the difference between The Dockers and the Australian Army ?
A - The Dockers already have girls on the front line .

Q - What's the similarity between the Dockers and that crazy runaway train in America?
A - They never pick anyone up.

In anchor we trust

Just as Fremantle's trading turned heads, so too did its marketing. The club realised that the AFL didn't need another club named after a cat or bird. Since they couldn't find a suitable name, they created their own word and soon 'Dockers' had entered the Australian lexicon.

Initially, people were confused as to what Dockers actually meant. Given Fremantle's criminal history, some people could have been forgiven for thinking that it referred to suspects defending themselves in the dock of a court. However, it was soon explained that Dockers really meant 'Wharfies' but that Fremantle Wharfies just didn't have the same ring to it.

The Fremantle song is also more on the imaginative side. The Eagle's song just sings about life as a bird. On the other hand, the Docker's song contains lyrics like "We're gonna role them and we'll rock em, We're gonna send them to the bottom" . These lyrics that seem to smack of a Bon Scott fitting concrete shoes as one of his dirty deeds being done dirt cheap.

For the jumper design, Fremantle chose to feature an anchor. Many people wondered what they were trying to say. Did they want to go to the bottom and stay there? Did they like being in the mud? Did they want to go nowhere? Were they concerned about the ship leaving without them? Lacking a wet sail, did they want to storm home with a steel anchor? If Alan Bond had won the America’s Cup with a Winged Keel, would an anchor bring the Dockers AFL glory?

Perhaps the choice of anchor may have even been a legacy of Fremantle's criminal history. Convicts frequently had anchors as tattoos to symbolise "hope". Confident that they would be entrenched at the bottom of the ladder, the Dockers may have foreseen that hope would be important for them as well.

Sure enough, Fremantle's drafting ensured that it would be a loser team and the anchor struck a chord with the public. Fans painted anchors on themselves. Banners gave words of encouragement accompanied by an image of an anchor for extra emotive appeal. Children even bought inflatable anchors to hit each other with.

Quoahh I am in Awe :D '09 Year of the Docker' Heave Ho Lads :D:p:D

[youtube]WF9LUN0YnTk[/youtube]

Plagiarism is best used when the material is actually worthwhile ev.

Let me get this flogfest back on track by answering the op's riddle.

No, Fremantle will not be the last team to win an AFL premiership. After Fremantle win their premiership, I'm pretty sure the competition will continue and somebody else will get their go. Unless the suggestion is that once Fremantle win one premiership they will become unbeatable.

The confused desperation of these WC posters.... :D
What an awful mess and a joke of a club is WC..... deflection trolls are all you have left:(
NicNat pick 2 Masten pick 3 FAIL:)

The confused desperation of these WC posters.... :D
What an awful mess and a joke of a club is WC..... deflection trolls are all you have left:(
NicNat pick 2 Masten pick 3 FAIL:)

Hahaha Pot-Kettle :confused: Sod off you Anchor Waving Muppet :)

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Very funny stuff this.

Send in the clowns

Although the foolish trading and marketing decisions made Fremantle a laughing stock in the eastern states, doing the hard time on the bottom of the ladder helped the Dockers attract a different breed of supporter. There is a saying, that "its not whether you win or lose its how you play the game". Of course, this is just another way of saying "we lost". Because of consistent floggings, Fremantle fans came to appreciate that there is more to football than onfield success. Because watching their team humiliated necessitated creativity to keep their spirit highs, Docker fans created imaginative banners, dressed up in silly attire and of course, hit each other with inflatable anchors.

Although losing helped breed eccentricity, some credit should also be given to Fremantle's colour code of purple and green, which are the worst colours in world sport. Fremantle's marketers should have known that if they made their fans wear them, they couldn't seriously expect them to be concerned about societal approval. Consequently, masses of purple hair at Fremantle games has concerned citizens in dire fear that Damn Edna Everage has become trendy. World tourists, already coming to terms with Australians wearing moleskins and ugg boots, are horrified to see people wearing purple and green bomber jackets that has them resembling apple and grape lollipops.

Perhaps the most interesting aspect of the Fremantle club is its egalitarian supporter base. The spirit shown in the America's cup when billionaires and wharfies drank side by side is evident in the demographics of the clubs supporter base. Although the Dockers are promoted as working class, they have now attracted a strong following among yuppies. Perhaps the yuppies have embraced Fremantle because it offers something few other clubs in any code can; an egalitarian spirit of larrikinism, eccentricity and solidarity.Yes, the Dockers are losers, but the yuppies succeed in other areas of life so it doesnn't matter

Fremantle jokes

Q)When eating a clown, what did one canibal docker supporter say to the other?
A) Does this taste funny to you?

Q - What's the difference between the Dockers and a square?
A - A square has four points.

Q - Whats the difference between The Dockers and the Australian Army ?
A - The Dockers already have girls on the front line .

Q - What's the similarity between the Dockers and that crazy runaway train in America?
A - They never pick anyone up.

In anchor we trust

Just as Fremantle's trading turned heads, so too did its marketing. The club realised that the AFL didn't need another club named after a cat or bird. Since they couldn't find a suitable name, they created their own word and soon 'Dockers' had entered the Australian lexicon.

Initially, people were confused as to what Dockers actually meant. Given Fremantle's criminal history, some people could have been forgiven for thinking that it referred to suspects defending themselves in the dock of a court. However, it was soon explained that Dockers really meant 'Wharfies' but that Fremantle Wharfies just didn't have the same ring to it.

The Fremantle song is also more on the imaginative side. The Eagle's song just sings about life as a bird. On the other hand, the Docker's song contains lyrics like "We're gonna role them and we'll rock em, We're gonna send them to the bottom" . These lyrics that seem to smack of a Bon Scott fitting concrete shoes as one of his dirty deeds being done dirt cheap.

For the jumper design, Fremantle chose to feature an anchor. Many people wondered what they were trying to say. Did they want to go to the bottom and stay there? Did they like being in the mud? Did they want to go nowhere? Were they concerned about the ship leaving without them? Lacking a wet sail, did they want to storm home with a steel anchor? If Alan Bond had won the America’s Cup with a Winged Keel, would an anchor bring the Dockers AFL glory?

Perhaps the choice of anchor may have even been a legacy of Fremantle's criminal history. Convicts frequently had anchors as tattoos to symbolise "hope". Confident that they would be entrenched at the bottom of the ladder, the Dockers may have foreseen that hope would be important for them as well.

Sure enough, Fremantle's drafting ensured that it would be a loser team and the anchor struck a chord with the public. Fans painted anchors on themselves. Banners gave words of encouragement accompanied by an image of an anchor for extra emotive appeal. Children even bought inflatable anchors to hit each other with.

obsession...:thumbsu:

oh dear.. seems irony is wasted on you....as this is a west coast started thread your attempted reversal is all muppet:thumbsu:

noobs:eek:

poor libble confused slimer... go have a wc team endorsed whopper

Bwahhhaaaa Yeah give it to me Nightfury, You go Girl :D:D:D

How am i pinning everything on the derbies. I agree West Coast has won premierships, tasted a lot of success and had star players, im simply stating if Fremantle is "so much fail", surely you'd be able to snag 1 in the last 5. Don't pull out the rebuilding excuse either because Fremantle are going through the exact same process but started a year later than West Coast.

Now you'll probably pull out the "but Fremantle is a rabble of a club and have been rebuilding since entering the competition", line, but if you knock a little sense into your brain you'll realise there is no excuse for losing the last 5 derbies. Just the same as I acknowledge there is no excuse for being a poor performing team since entering the competion.

West Coast is rebuilding from a premiership, what exactly is Fremantle rebuilding from? Havent you only ever played like 2 finals games ever?

Funniest thing is that Ballantyne is only 18 months older than Kepler Bradley :D :D

Ballantyne 16.07.87

Bradley 13.11.85

That is roughly 20 months older, So what in the hell are you on about Moongoloid :D

Kruiser I'll simpify it for you -

Who is older -

(i) Bradley (or the Moo is right option)
(ii) Ballantyne (WA Edumacation option)
(iii) Hurn will be AA this year (Spartan option)

Remove this Banner Ad

Will Freo be the last team to win an AFL premiership?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back