Will Heidelberg West win a game?

Will Heidelberg West win a game in 2008?

• Yes

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • No

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

They will come good eventually.

eventually - how long do we need to wait?
yes, they are as poor as the other teams that have wallowed thru div.2 without a win in previous seasons. and i see on the clearances page that they have lost yet two more players.
they have conceeded 400 points more than any other team and have scored 300 less points than anyone else. and you reckon they will beat reservoir. no way.
hey, i have a thought. maybe they could become heidelbergs second team by funnelling their leftover players thru their neighbours.

eventually - how long do we need to wait?
yes, they are as poor as the other teams that have wallowed thru div.2 without a win in previous seasons. and i see on the clearances page that they have lost yet two more players.
they have conceeded 400 points more than any other team and have scored 300 less points than anyone else. and you reckon they will beat reservoir. no way.
hey, i have a thought. maybe they could become heidelbergs second team by funnelling their leftover players thru their neighbours.

Interesting to note that Kinglake are winning games by big margins
and Wallan are also doing quite well.

Heidelberg West are not in the geographical zone to consider moving
to a different competition to win games of football, so you would
think that they would have to change things up.

1 ) are they involved with any junior football clubs
2 ) do they have the money to recruit good players

If the answer is no to both questions, then the future is not so bright.

Heidelberg West may not win a game this year but the Hawk players deserve credit for turning up week in, week out and battling against the odds.:thumbsu:

Football a funny game, Wests neighbour across the road, Heidelberg FC, is cashed up to the hilt wheras the Hawks are living on their knees.

Interesting to note that Kinglake are winning games by big margins
and Wallan are also doing quite well.

Heidelberg West are not in the geographical zone to consider moving
to a different competition to win games of football, so you would
think that they would have to change things up.

1 ) are they involved with any junior football clubs
2 ) do they have the money to recruit good players

If the answer is no to both questions, then the future is not so bright.

Wallan are struggling in their new comp aswell. Much closer to the bottom than the top of the ladder according to this weeks free press.

Wallan are struggling in their new comp aswell. Much closer to the bottom than the top of the ladder according to this weeks free press.

yes wallan are still terrable. i think they have something like 3 or 4 wins and 1 draw which is prob more then what they would of won in the NFL. the thing that is going to save wallan but is that they have a junior club and in the long run they should be able to bounce back and rebuild.
kinglake on the other hand are going real good in there new comp. winning games and i think they are in the top half of the ladder. good move made by kinglake.
to bad thing for heidelberg west is they have no where else to go. div 3 will give them a chance of building a good team but without juniors the future doesnt look good for them.
heidelberg being so close to them wouldnt help either. who wants to go to a struggling team that cant and wont win a game when the best team in the league are right accross the road

Heidelberg West may not win a game this year but the Hawk players deserve credit for turning up week in, week out and battling against the odds.:thumbsu:

Football a funny game, Wests neighbour across the road, Heidelberg FC, is cashed up to the hilt wheras the Hawks are living on their knees.

in reality clubs like heid west, and maybe reserv and panton hill, really only exist, on their recent form , only to provide an avenue for fellas who want to get a game but maybe dont have the total committmnet. i say this in the context that a couple of the better clubs - heid and monty - always have additional players not getting a game, while the three clubs that i have mentioned regularly have players playing two matches each week.

I'm surprised West got so close to Thomastown today.

The boys from west should be commended on the way the fought the game out yesterday. There pressure around the stoppages in the first half was as good as anyone we have played this year. The guys deserve the respect of every one in the nfl. Its easy to keep rolling up week in week out when your going ok, but shows real committment to your club and team mates when you continue to do it when things arn't going so well.
Good luck to west in the coming weeks and hope they can notch up a win.

PS: Thanks for the hospitality after the game. Enjoyed a few beers with a couple of the guys.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

All competitions have teams that get flogged each week
and it's only a matter of time before it all turns around.

I remember when Macleod-Rosanna were the laughing
stock of the Diamond Valley. They put some fresh systems
in place with the Juniors and are now reaping the benefits.

Just a matter of time, maybe not this year though....

in reality clubs like heid west, and maybe reserv and panton hill, really only exist, on their recent form , only to provide an avenue for fellas who want to get a game but maybe dont have the total committmnet. i say this in the context that a couple of the better clubs - heid and monty - always have additional players not getting a game, while the three clubs that i have mentioned regularly have players playing two matches each week.

2 games per week????

where did you get this from?

Reservoir 16.20-116

def

Heidelberg West 8.6-54

Reservoir Goal Kickers: J. Carpenter 6, D. Ryan 3, L. McGrath 2, M. Defelice 2, D. O''Sullivan, R. Collins, J. Spicuglia
Best Players: L. Berardinelli, M. Veszpremi, J. Carpenter, R. Collins, D. O''Sullivan, S. Tupou
Heidelberg West Goal Kickers: B. Lacy 2, J. Shanahan 2, G. Camilleri, S. Richmond, A. Young, J. Braunton
Best Players: N. Latsas, C. Bullock, L. Eerhard, A. Barker, J. Shanahan, D. Bullock

I think the dream might be over :(

One quarter of horrible football cost us the game on the weekend. A 9 goal to zip third term just shot any hopes of a win down. In the game and maybe better than rezza for the other 3 quarters, but just couldn't put it all together again. South Morang away next week, another challenge but we pushed them in round one and we'll look to push them again. Any west boys that read this, keep pushing hard and chins up. It's tough but we'll get through it.

Without juniors any club will struggle to take steps, i believe this year they tried hard to get an under 19s team up and running but couldn't. The steps could be taken to get juniors going but with 2 power clubs in North and Heidelberg with such huge junior programs very close by it would make it very hard to get off the ground. New people with fresh ideas might be what they need involved in the club, there is alot of heart in the club but that is just not enough.
Networking can play a very big part in some peoples lives (work wise), how many high profile businessman go bankrupt, but due to their network of contacts manage to get back to their rich lists.
This same ploy can be adopted in football, their is no point in spending all your cash on 6-10 gun players, if you dont have the team for them to compliment. Players, coaches, even sponsors that have a large football network or history is what a club needs to rebuild. Sometimes a leader can be a very average footballer but his followers or mates can be the opposite target those guys.
Are there any junior clubs in the area that do not have a senior club that they could try to affiliate themselves with? they need a feeder club to get a flow going.
Maybe try to get an auskick program started then follow it the next year with an under 9s or what ever the youngest age group is and try and build from there

I can't see H/West coming back from this myself. They are clearly the worst performing club in the competition this year and recruiting players will be very difficult unless they win tatts. I think its great the players are hanging around this year but I can't see them finding any motivation for coming seasons.

I really hope Heidelbergs 2's can get over Panton Hill this week. After playing against them and seeing the commitment they still put in week after week they deserve at least some reward however small it may be.

Remove this Banner Ad

Will Heidelberg West win a game?

Back