Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Goals/Behinds

2007: 72.62
2008: 113.88
2009: 67.46
2010: 64.48
2011: 82.61 Missed 3 Games probably should have kicked 100.

During the last 4 years he has averaged about 78.5 Goals a year. Now his stats and scoring shots went up again in 2011 from 2010. He probably should have kicked 100 in 2011. Missed 3 games and was goaless once. 2012 the Hawks play North Melbourne Port Adelaide Fremantle Sydney all at aurora. Then Adelaide Brisbane Carlton Melbourne St Kilda Gold Coast Greater Western Sydney Richmond West Coast all at his best ground the MCG. Then there's Essendon at Etihad. Going by that easy draw 100 is not out of reach at all! He is so far having probably his best pre-season since 2008, now he has shed about 2-3 kilos and is looking leaner and fitter then ever before. Plus with Roughead back now and the inclusion of Gunston. He won't be double/triple teamed anymore. Question is will he do it?

No one is capable of kicking 100 right now other then him.

Re: Will

Polls Board?

Update makes more sense.

I'll say no. 80-90 for mine.

Put it this way, he missed 3 games, one was against Essendon which we still ended up kicking 24 goals that night. He would have kicked 5-6 that match. He missed the GC game in round 24. I can't remember the other game he missed. Also 61 behinds as well. Who's to say his 2012 season won't be better then 2011?

No he won't but he will still be the best player in the comp. He won't be playing full forward. Like HP said, if he was playing a Jack Riewoldt FF type role, then yeah pencil him in every year for 100+, but he plays higher up the ground. Will probably average around 20 touches a game and kick 80 goals in 2012.

No he won't but he will still be the best player in the comp. He won't be playing full forward. Like HP said, if he was playing a Jack Riewoldt FF type role, then yeah pencil him in every year for 100+, but he plays higher up the ground. Will probably average around 20 touches a game and kick 80 goals in 2012.

Gary Ablett is better to start with. Riewoldt can also surpass DFranklin.

Yeah, I agree... Franklin has to get into the mind of Tony Lockett if he wants to kick for 100 goals again... If he can do that, then he can be a good lock-in for Lockett's record in the future.

Yeah, I agree... Franklin has to get into the mind of Tony Lockett if he wants to kick for 100 goals again... If he can do that, then he can be a good lock-in for Lockett's record in the future.

Lets be clear here - Franklin will not get within a country freakin mile of Lockett's record.

In fact, he'll be very hard pressed to match the most recent high scoring forward in Lloyd.

A more appropriate goal would be to surpass Richo (which barring significant injury I think he'll get).

The odds would be stacked against reaching Lloyd (he'd need a long career, relatively free from injury and would have to maintain a very good scoring record) - and next to impossible for matching Lockett.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Lets be clear here - Franklin will not get within a country freakin mile of Lockett's record.

In fact, he'll be very hard pressed to match the most recent high scoring forward in Lloyd.

A more appropriate goal would be to surpass Richo (which barring significant injury I think he'll get).

The odds would be stacked against reaching Lloyd (he'd need a long career, relatively free from injury and would have to maintain a very good scoring record) - and next to impossible for matching Lockett.

Okay, okay... I don't know much about the career scoring list except I remember Tony Lockett's on the top of it, saw a little Richo and Lloyd. If my comment offends people, I apologize for it and I'm willing to take it down if necessary

Re: Will

If he plays as a full forward yes, otherwise no.

I think this is on the mark, can't see him standing inside attacking 50m for long periods. Even Jack Riewoldt carry a lot of injuries was forced to move well up the ground a lot last year, it's IMO because of the forward zone, press whatever you want to call it. Most of your players now are involved in just getting the ball out of defence, so the days of just staying inside the forward line for now are gone.

Okay, okay... I don't know much about the career scoring list except I remember Tony Lockett's on the top of it, saw a little Richo and Lloyd. If my comment offends people, I apologize for it and I'm willing to take it down if necessary

Sorry mate; didn't mean to sound like I was having a crack at you. I just tend to say things very straight forward without pleasantries (BF does that to you I think).

You certainly didn't offend me or anyone else. Welcome to BF; hope to see more comments from you in the future.

Of course he wont for several reasons.

1. Games are lower scoring these days and there is a more defensive midset.

2. Mordern coaches are always looking for multiple options and Clarkson has tried to steer clear of a reliance on Franklin.

3. He doesn't play deep enough.

4. He is not a full-forward like the guys you mentioned.

When all is said and done though, he will probably go onto to pass those guys as far as Coleman medals, All Australians, B&Fs etc go. But he won't kick more goals for very obvious reasons.

2. Mordern coaches are always looking for multiple options and Clarkson has tried to steer clear of a reliance on Franklin.

When all is said and done though, he will probably go onto to pass those guys as far as Coleman medals, All Australians, B&Fs etc go. But he won't kick more goals for very obvious reasons.

Richo played exactly the same way Buddy and St Nick has played, even the year he kicked 90 goals he was still playing well up the ground at times. He should never be classed as a career FF.

Sorry mate; didn't mean to sound like I was having a crack at you. I just tend to say things very straight forward without pleasantries (BF does that to you I think).

You certainly didn't offend me or anyone else. Welcome to BF; hope to see more comments from you in the future.

Thanks, I appreciate it. I know when I entered this forum that I will encourage the cut-to-the-chase stuff when it comes to comparing the chances of the player to chase some records like Lockett, Richo, Lloyd, etc.

Maybe, hopefully.....i love it when the crowd runs on the ground. I'd love for Jack to do it one day :D

I hope someone releases a pig or some other animal onto the field that will give security staff the run around, just like they did for Plugger. That was great.

Its because he is simply not in the same class as Lockett, Franklin can play as deep as he wants and still would not get within 400 goals of Locketts record.
as far as Colemans go Lockett, Ablett Snr, Carey and Dunstall >>>>> Lloyd, Franklin>Riewoldt, Brown, Fev.

Remove this Banner Ad

Will Lance Franklin kick 100 in 2012?

Back