Will Phillips - re-signed to 2025

Remove this Banner Ad

You are being extremely generous
Free to good home with this kid , North have offered him 1 year at min chips only to extend his career to give him a chance to show something but would gladly let him leave for nothing similar to Richmond did with Butler

Pick #66

Butler provides good service

Last edited:

I would have liked Phillips to have taken a punt and moved clubs.. either he is loyal to a fault or doesn't think he can do any better on another list.
He's an absolute spud that's nowhere near the level. He can't run a game out, got an extra year to prove himself due to his draft number. I'm sure there was no interest from any other clubs otherwise he'd be gone.

Did a number on Daicos earlier in the year until Clarkson did the funniest thing all year and subbed him out, just for Daicos to dominate and end up winning the game.

Clearly he's capable of a defensive role, why not just utilise him properly in that position?
Tagged daicos for a half. Fly moved him to half forward start of the third and Will didn't go with him, knowing they'd put Daicos straight back on ball when will came off they left him out there. He informed the coaches he was cooked in the third and they subbed him. He can't tag due to a lack of versatility in position and zero tank. There's two traits required to be a tagger and Will possess neither.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Wow

KPF
KPF
Will Phillips
KPF
Academy utility (Campbell)
KPD

Lol we didn’t have access to the first 2 key forwards. Why bother posting that?

Campbell is the same height as Phillips and hasn’t been any better.

DGB has been horrid.

That leaves us with McDonald who has hardly set the world on fire. He averages what 10 disposals and 1 goal a game in a very good team. Imagine his stats if he had of been in North colours the past 4-5 years.

It was a draft through Covid and it shows. Pretty easy in hindsight isn’t it champion ?

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Lol we didn’t have access to the first 2 key forwards. Why bother posting that?

Campbell is the same height as Phillips and hasn’t been any better.

DGB has been horrid.

That leaves us with McDonald who has hardly set the world on fire. He averages what 10 disposals and 1 goal a game in a very good team. Imagine his stats if he had of been in North colours the past 4-5 years.

It was a draft through Covid and it shows. Pretty easy in hindsight isn’t it champion ?

Mcdonald was the pick. We ****ed up, Logan will have a long and successful career, will won't. Logan would've netted a first and some if traded this year, Will had zero interest and was lucky to not be delisted. Pretending this wasn't a mistake is ridiculous.

Last edited:
Mcdonald was the pick. We ****ed up, Logan will have a long and successful career, will won't. Logan would've netted a first and some if traded this year, Will had zero interest and was lucky to not be delisted. Pretending this wasn't a mistake is ridiculous.

You have no idea what McDonald would have netted us if he was traded from North this year. Their careers would have been completely different, playing for completely different teams. As I said previously, McDonald has played in a top team with quality forward entries and North has had half the amount of entries with poor quality delivery.

It’s just amateurish to look at one players output at one team and think that would have been the same at a rival team.

Last edited:
You have no idea what McDonald would have netted us if he was traded from North this year. Their careers would have been completely different, playing for completely different teams. As I said previously, McDonald has played in a top team with quality forward entries and North has had half the amount of entries with poor quality delivery.

It’s just amateurish to look at one players output at one team and think that would have been the same at a rival team.

Yes, but you still did it? Larkey did better last year than he did this year in a worse season. 💯 impossible to predict how logan would've done at North but there's absolutely no debate over who's the better player.

Last edited:

Remove this Banner Ad

Will Phillips - re-signed to 2025

Remove this Banner Ad

Back