Traded Will Setterfield [traded to Essendon with pick 68 for Essendon's F4]

Remove this Banner Ad

Pretty much his worth or else he was high on the delist order anyway.

F4 next year in what is supposed to be a super draft is very handy and Will was not playing much footy for us anyway next season honestly.

Wish him well at the Bombers but beware Bomber supporters when he has ball in hand as he is very heart in mouth! Not to mention he does little when the opposition has the ball.
he will fit right in then :p

Never really had the opportunity to play in his preferred position consistently at the blues.

Will be interested to see how he goes.
Cause he turns it over to much and doesn’t run both ways. Rarely tackles either or likes a hard ball get. Loves a cheapie though playing 10m off his man but beware the turnover when under no pressure.

Don't be a *******.
He's not the best kick, but how can you claim he doesn't run both ways?

Cause he doesn’t go as fast or show the same intent when the opposition have the ball.

Glad we can agree on his disposal and ball use though.

I’ve always been bullish on Setterfield.

I think he’s a very very good onballer with deceptively good pace, elite extractor and strong tackler.

PERSONALLY I would have him before Matt Kennedy.

The Bombers will get him for donuts and I guarantee will be a similar case to Will Brodie.

Very salty seeing him leave but understanding.
I think the Will Brodie's of the world are very rare. No disrespect at all to the Gold Coast but he wouldn't have fallen through the cracks at most other clubs.

He cut out DeGoey in his last game.
And would of not even had made the field had we had Walsh / Hewitt and Kennedy fit.

In the current Bombers midfield he will get games but he is hardly the messiah coming in like Shiel was meant to be.

I am glad to see the back of him honestly as he is just to iffy disposal wise and decision making and turnovers kill you in the modern game.

Bomber fans will find out soon enough and dont get wrong he has some attributes but the negatives in his game clearly outweigh them and we over paid bringing him in but that is history and we move on regarding our deadwood and lost cloggers.

Would’ve played 15+ games for the Blues next year as first drop.

I really like Setters and still think he’ll go on to be a great mid. Maybe not A grade as he originally projected to be but he’ll carve out a handy career. Just keep him away from the wing and play too his strengths.

Bombers fans should be happy.

Thought he looked alright in the back half of the year. Impressed with his physicality and ability to get his hands on the ball but fk me he’s horrible by foot. Would need to ice the shin after every game I reckon.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Pretty much his worth or else he was high on the delist order anyway.

F4 next year in what is supposed to be a super draft is very handy and Will was not playing much footy for us anyway next season honestly.

Wish him well at the Bombers but beware Bomber supporters when he has ball in hand as he is very heart in mouth! Not to mention he does little when the opposition has the ball.
Hopefully Brad Scott can unlock his potential

Would’ve played 15+ games for the Blues next year as first drop.

I really like Setters and still think he’ll go on to be a great mid. Maybe not A grade as he originally projected to be but he’ll carve out a handy career. Just keep him away from the wing and play too his strengths.

Bombers fans should be happy.
Yep straight in the guts for Will

Hopefully Brad Scott can unlock his potential
Lots have tried before and good luck.

Hope you guys have a good disposal coach and field awareness analysis expert. He can find the ball it is just what he does with it when he has it is the issue. If he learns to run both ways it will also help and for what you paid for him you can’t go wrong slotting him in the guts at and let him go and see what happens.

Needs to bulk up a bit cause he is still lightly framed and lacks the hard ball contesting skills. With us he was mainly the receiver type cause he never had the frame to push for a full mid role.

Potential is there and I wish him the best.

The club clearly don't rate him, didn't even an offer him and contract and have now offloaded him for almost nothing.

He's played some decent games for the club, but he's been pretty mediocre overall across his 4 seasons.

It has to be noted that not every player goes on and produces in the way Will Brodie has after crossing to the Dockers. I think he'll be good value for the Bombers, but more likely to be a short term option than a guy who'll develop beyond a solid B-grade inside midfielder.
Just last year Constable and Dunstan didn't do much after switching clubs. So definitely no guarantee. But at the price, worth a gamble from Essendon.

Just last year Constable and Dunstan didn't do much after switching clubs. So definitely no guarantee. But at the price, worth a gamble from Essendon.
Dunstan you can kind of understand - Melbourne’s mids kept healthy and he was always there as a backup.

Constable just doesn’t have the tank to play at AFL level. Used to routinely blow up at Geelong. Gold Coast also have a decent on ball division.

Setterfield will play every game next year barring injury (and form). The question is if he can elevate himself above his current output when he does play purely on ball.

Sadly, not rated internally. Doesn't suit our need to run hard both ways, slow and decision making average

I felt he was better than this but club doesn't and were happy to move him on. They hope to move Dow as well.

In the end we are well stocked for inside mids and want draft picks now and next year. We need outside run

Personally, I think Essendon have gotten a good player that will help them a lot. Blues are focused on draft picks and improving their position in this years draft and creating more room in Salary Cap

Remove this Banner Ad

Back