List Mgmt. Will the Hawks end up landing a big fish? Trade and FA news discussion of Hawthorn targets

Who should Hawks make a play for?

• Lynch

• McGovern

• Cogs

• We don't need any of these players

• Gaff

• Another player not mentioned above (specify in comments)

• B.Hill

Results are only viewable after voting.

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gene Simmons

Norm Smith Medallist
Aug 29, 2007
Melbourne Rock City
AFL Club
Hawthorn
There's gonna be 4 big names (Lynch, McGovern, Sloane, Gaff) set to dominate the airwaves during 2018.

Question is who (if any) would you want the Hawks to make a play for?

Last edited:

freedom3_1454966216.jpg

Caption: Hawk supporter crying out for quality mids who can win their own ball AND run & carry it

It is hard to say at this time of the year.

Hearing Clarko talk about last year and how once we were 1-6 or what ever we were he decided to change plans and not even worry about finals. The goal changed and he wanted to prepare for our next tilt. If we finish the year in the top 8 or top 4 and think one of these players could be the difference between us contending or not, i think we will find a way to get them to the club.

If we struggle and don't have the season that many of us think we can have, the club may look to a different direction and focus in on what is a very strong draft. No point throwing huge money at McGovern if we are going to end up bottom 4 at the end of the season (imo), we would be better off hitting the draft and focusing in on when our next window would be.

It is hard to say at this time of the year.

Hearing Clarko talk about last year and how once we were 1-6 or what ever we were he decided to change plans and not even worry about finals. The goal changed and he wanted to prepare for our next tilt. If we finish the year in the top 8 or top 4 and think one of these players could be the difference between us contending or not, i think we will find a way to get them to the club.

If we struggle and don't have the season that many of us think we can have, the club may look to a different direction and focus in on what is a very strong draft. No point throwing huge money at McGovern if we are going to end up bottom 4 at the end of the season (imo), we would be better off hitting the draft and focusing in on when our next window would be.

Guerra, Dew, Gibson, Gunston, Burgoyne, Hale, Lake, McEvoy & Frawley all disagree with your approach :D

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Guerra, Dew, Gibson, Gunston, Burgoyne, Hale, Lake, McEvoy & Frawley all disagree with your approach :D
Fair but we brought in a lot of those players when we were in a premiership window. If the club thinks we are going down before going up we may decide that going big on a free agent/trade may not be best for the club.

I think we will be every chance to be top 8 anyway but i think it is just a point to look at.

I can see us chasing and acquiring Gaff as he would not break the bank.

Lynch would be amazing but unlikely given his asking price.

Ollie Wines is another we should pursue but unlikely he leaves Port if they have success this season.

MCGovern is not as a high of a priority as we have Sicily now playing a similar role.

Sloane would be a great get but again unlikely to leave.

I've been hoping we go for and get Gaff since last years trade period.

We'll be screaming out for Gaff by the end of the year, desperate for his run.

Affordable, FA and already interested in coming home.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back