richskee

Club Legend
Feb 7, 2008
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
Washington Wizards
God i hope he does.

Imagine he will play the NAB cup, then I'm not sure... Does he really want to finish school or was that an excuse to keep his options open if WCE or FREO came last?

Car'n Watto get in there!

He is apparently a very strong student. He will definately finish school. You need to plan for life outside of football as well. Gee he was impressive when interviewed on SEN. I think he will play as a third tall during the year. If he is ready to go then put him in.

Depends on his schooling. It's hard for me to say because I'm talking as both a football nerd and a normal nerd.

Maric played near the end of the year and he wasn't a bad student or anything. He's quite a decent student IIRC?

I hope to see Watts out there but you don't want him to develop a bad relationship with the club if they push him into footy without caring about his schooling.

jackyboyrh9.jpg

We should clarify if he is going to play Casey or for Brighton when he isn't in the side (he is very young guys he won't play 22 games). Maybe a bit of both would be good for him. Plus of course NAB cup games and I think a half dozen games for the red a blue.

Watts is accomplished in many aspects of his game. We don't need him to play as many games as possible next year. He is still only 17 (with schooling) so I reckon the right balance may be around 5 - 10 games. Enough to get the excitement going but also look after the young fella at the same time.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Congrats to Melbourne i think you have an Excellent player on your hands there and definantly worthy of the No 1 selection. I hope he plays reguarly next year as i love to see the new talent coming through.

Well done again on a great selection the kid looks the goods. :)

Congrats on drafting a future champion.

Our recruiting manager had nothing but praise for Watts, and said the only player he would have considered before Phil Davis, was Jack Watts and stated he was the most complete player of the draft, and was the closest to a sure thing you can get

Ideally I'd have him play 3-4 games.

I think he's the type of guy who wants to finish his schooling and do well, and I have no issue with that. Remember he'll be a stick out there and young KPPs can find it very hard early on.

Ideally I'd have him play 3-4 games.

I think he's the type of guy who wants to finish his schooling and do well, and I have no issue with that. Remember he'll be a stick out there and young KPPs can find it very hard early on.

Doesn't mean he can't play more than 3-4 games, I wouldn't have him play too many or he could end up screwed for his career Josh Fraser style.

Get him playing the Saturday games we have that are in Victoria and see how he goes.

Remove this Banner Ad

Will Watts play next year?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back