Will WC get a reasonably fair deal for Judd?

Remove this Banner Ad

100% right- there is no way west coast will get judd's worth.

assuming judd will have no long lasting effects from his groin injury, he is probably worth

(from carlton)- 3, 20 and murphy/fevola
(from collingwood)- 2 late first round picks and rusling and thomas
(from essendon)- they couldn't begin to even mount an offer
(from hawthorn)- franklin and late first round
(from melbourne)- 4, 21, robertson... and probably something else

they are what he would be worth... but there's no way they'll get it... they'll probably only end up getting half his value, because if it gets too messy he will just go to richmond for nothing...

assuming judd will have no long lasting effects from his groin injury, he is probably worth

they are what he would be worth... but there's no way they'll get it... they'll probably only end up getting half his value, because if it gets too messy he will just go to richmond for nothing...

You will end up getting something good but nothing worth judd im thinking WC will get 2 Late 1st rounders and a up and coming player.

Teams cant afford to give up everything for 1 player WC was lucky they had him since day 1

You say Essendon couldn't even begin to mount an offer yet you list Melbourne as offering 4,21 and Robbo?

Have you forgotten about Mr. Lucas already? We also have pick 6 in the ND

ok so 3 way deal?

Coll - Didak to crows, 1st pick to eagles.
Adel - 1st pick to eagles
Eagles - Judd to Coll

So clubs end up with:

Eagles - 2 1st round picks
Crows - Didak
Coll - Judd

thoughts?

Don't worry kid - you were right the first time

Judd = Pick 3 and Kennedy

He doesn't rate Kennedy, but I tell you what, we know his worth and what he'll be. I would definately not give up any more than that. If we keep #3 we take Morton which will burn inside the WCE for years.

don't know if Geelong have the room.

but a possible 3 way trade with the bullies

Geelong give Tomahawk to the bullies

Bullies trade pick 5 + Mcmahon to WCE for Judd

Bullies on trade Judd to Geelong

these sorts of trades can happen with all melb clubs

if judd selects a club we're screwed.

Yeah, that's the crucial fact in all these scenarios. If Judd nominates Collingwood or Hawthorn or whoever as his preferred destination, and he won't budge on it, then WC simply have to deal with that club or lose him for nothing in the PSD to Richmond. Personally, I don't think that'll happen. Judd won't put WC over a barrel like that. He obviously has a lot of affection and respect for WC, and he seems like a pretty solid citizen. Find it hard to imagine him being a party to WC getting screwed over (or more screwed over than they already are).

Everyone says Judd has everyone over a barrel by nominating for the PSD. That's rubbish. Its a two way street. If he says it (say "collingwwod" he wants to go to and the Eagles hold out for too much the Eagles lose him for nothing but at the saqme time Judd dodesn't get what he wants (ie Collingwood). Cool heads will prevail and market forces will dictate that Judd's choice of club will have to pay the fair price or else the Tigers will pounce. Obviously the only floor to this argument is if the Tigers are his club of choice.

Everyone says Judd has everyone over a barrel by nominating for the PSD. That's rubbish. Its a two way street. If he says it (say "collingwwod" he wants to go to and the Eagles hold out for too much the Eagles lose him for nothing but at the saqme time Judd dodesn't get what he wants (ie Collingwood). Cool heads will prevail and market forces will dictate that Judd's choice of club will have to pay the fair price or else the Tigers will pounce. Obviously the only floor to this argument is if the Tigers are his club of choice.

For sure, everyone but Richmond would be a loser if he went into the PSD. But sometimes that happens: see Nick Stevens.

Like I said, I reckon he'll do the right thing by WC. I doubt you'll get his full value. But I don't think you'll get completely dudded either.

Remove this Banner Ad

Will WC get a reasonably fair deal for Judd?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back