Remove this Banner Ad

Mar 14, 2002
Gasometer Wing
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Kangaroos
Yes and no.

It was a great ground when the crowds were smallish because you could stand where you liked and feel a part of the game.

No because of the rip off that the Legends Stand became and the fact that it was built so you looked straight into a winter sun and couldn't see anything.

Other highlights-lowlights?

Gaso

I went there once very young to a NM v Geelong game, loved it.... 30,000 people crammed in.. great suburban atmosphere..

Then went last year and 'sat' in the legends stand... it was a disgrace... did not like it one bit... big waste of money.

I'll miss PP for sure.

I used to live a couple of blocks away.
It was magic to hear the roar of the crowds emanating from the ground while I pottered around the backyard.

I always felt it was a great ground to attend as well. Standing in the outer with a beer and a pie. The way footy was meant to be.

Never saw a match there , even though years ago when we would make the trip down to the footy for the weekend we would bunk in one of the 'cheaper' motels across the road.
Times have changed and I usually stay out in East Melbourne now so havent been near it for years.
Shame suburban footy is gone but thats how it is I guess.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Will I miss it?

VIP_HIH.jpg

I will miss it, it was a great ground - top atmosphere and the actual field itself was pretty good too.

However, it is a bitch to get too, parking is a bitch, and it does need to be upgraded!

It's the future. I think it's time to move on. But i'm wrapped that Kouta will be the last Captain to ever lead the Blues out at Princess Park!

I will miss going there once a week or fortnight on a weekend afternoon, sitting next to the same people you do everyweek and talking footy.

So many great memories going with my family. It was the best atmosphere at any ground I have been, was unbelievable really (when Carlton was winning).

The ground surface itself, was stated as the best at any AFL venue. Everyone loved the surface.

Certainly won't be the same for me anyway, making our local voyage to OO, seeing the same friendly faces etc.

I don't understand why we can't play interstate teams there though?

stokesy said:
I will miss going there once a week or fortnight on a weekend afternoon, sitting next to the same people you do everyweek and talking footy.

So many great memories going with my family. It was the best atmosphere at any ground I have been, was unbelievable really (when Carlton was winning).

The ground surface itself, was stated as the best at any AFL venue. Everyone loved the surface.

Certainly won't be the same for me anyway, making our local voyage to OO, seeing the same friendly faces etc.

My exact thoughts. I'm near none of the people i've become friends with at OO.

I Will miss driving up from Geelong and parking at the Zoo and making that nice wander across to Princess Park.

Walking through the parks and streets you always sensed that bond and Tradition/Spirit with fellow Blues fans making ya way to the ground.

I will miss the ground I don't even support the blues.

Can't believe they are moving to Telstra Dome. Thats what you get for voting in Ian Collins.

Remove this Banner Ad

Will you miss OO-Princess Park?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back