MRP / Trib. Will Ziebell get more weeks?

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yep. Victim. you're in an overwhelming minority if you truly believe that warrants 4 weeks. Should have been cleared.

I don't know about cleared RR.
I'm sure that's what you would have liked, as I would have had it have been one of our players.
Everyone knew he had something to answer to and two weeks wouldn't have surprised any one.
He got three thanks to his record and lost the appeal to make it four in the end.

The net result does seem excessive, but there are reasons for it to have got to that mark.

Roos saying it needs to be overturned for the "good of the game". Wonder what they'd be saying if Joseph had done it to Ziebell? Or Robbo to Harvey?

Yep. Victim. you're in an overwhelming minority if you truly believe that warrants 4 weeks. Should have been cleared.

Um NO !!!!!!

He clearly elbowed Joseph in the head. Vision is there for all to see and it is a suspendable offense every day of the week.
The head is sacrosanct !!!!
Had Ziebell not had any priors, it more than likely would have been a 2 week suspension.

Roos saying it needs to be overturned for the "good of the game". Wonder what they'd be saying if Joseph had done it to Ziebell? Or Robbo to Harvey?

Simmo's injury should be overturned for the good of the game. :mad:

North took a gamble at the Tribunal and lost.

Time North moved on as this Ziebell incident has gone way OTT this week in the aftermath of the Tribunal's findings. !!!!!!!

What's a broken disc or two in the neck between footballers?

Neck injury sends Blue Stevens into retirement

Stevens played the first three games of the 2007 season before surgery that involved the removal of an injured disc and disc prolapse, a bone graft from his hip and the insertion of a small plate and screw into his neck.

Stevens_forced_end_246a.jpg
Neck injury sends Blue Stevens into retirement

Bowyer's broken neck
In all the hooplah of the Grand Final, Brownlow Medal, the Barry Hall saga, and whatever else is happening during the biggest week of the football year, spare a thought for Glen Bowyer. He's just been cut from the Blues but also been given the news that he has a fractured neck and bleeding on the brain as a result of a recently sustained footy injury.

Got exactly what he deserved and totally showed Norf's naievity by challenging it and getting the extra week.

Oh and I love Scott saying it should be overturned "for the good of the game". Fitting words from one of the biggest thugs to play the game.

Not only did the elbow come up, his forearm looked as if it was pushed forward. If it wasn't deliberate, it sure was reckless. As others have said RR 4 seems excessive (especially compared with Wellingham's), but his bad record and the appeal was always gonna be about 4.
What i would be happier with is, that when the MRP and tribunal are determining sentences, injury to the victim isn't taken into account. Wellingham would have got 6 weeks for the hit on Simpson. Both Judd and Ziebell would have both gotten lighter sentences, as both victims have been named to play this week. Anyway, time to move on from this now.

Clearly your knowledge and comprehension of the gams has diluted your thinking. These days the head is sacrosanct, no doubts about it. Norf had balls taking on the MRP. ..you guys should think more about the fella with the broken cheekbone. Im playing the smallest violin right now.

Possibly should have only been two, but it was reckless high contact.
The media are just beating it up because they're bored, it's the football media, what do you expect from them?

not sure what all the fuss is about.... Ziebell "fractured" his cheekbone.. Ziebell deserved weeks...
But in what can only be called a super human effort, Joseph played tonight when lesser players like John Brown sucked liquids through a straw for 8 weeks.

not sure what all the fuss is about.... Ziebell "fractured" his cheekbone.. Ziebell deserved weeks...
But in what can only be called a super human effort, Joseph played tonight when lesser players like John Brown sucked liquids through a straw for 8 weeks.
Im sure Leigh Adams will play tomorrow as well.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I have no doubt... Norths medical report stated it was only a partial dislocation, and Adams played most of the game out, all be it after an injection. Petrie will as well (thank goodness)

I'm not sure what your point is? Like i have said, either the injury sustained is taken into account or not.

Ziebell's hit was so bad it left Joseph clinically dead. If you don't believe me, ask your president.

Trying to downplay Joseph's return to the field this week by ignoring this fact is extremely disrespectful..

I'm not sure what your point is? Like i have said, either the injury sustained is taken into account or not.
my point? i have no point... as stated... I thought it was very brave to play the game with a fractured cheekbone... can't an opposition supporter give praise when it is due?

Ziebell's hit was so bad it left Joseph clinically dead. If you don't believe me, ask your president.

Trying to downplay Joseph's return to the field this week by ignoring this fact is extremely disrespectful..

I have not listened to any media hype this week, all i know is Ziebell fractured Joseph's cheekbone and got 4 weeks. And i thought it was a great effort for Joseph to come and play this week.

You know what else is clinically dead? North Melbourne. If you don't believe me, ask your president.

Bren, Norf must be the dumbest club going around:

So outraged were they by Ziebell's 3 week penalty that they challenged (lost the early plea discount), got even more outraged and then DID NOT APPEAL.

So for all of their confected outrage, the tweets, the presser Brad Scott did to mcuh acclaim, the amateurish president's scripted gripes on TFS and for all the claims that the game had changed forever, THEY DID NOT APPEAL. So they conceded that the Tribunal got it right. All talk no action from those tough guys at Norf.

And here you are, Bren, trying to stir the nest once more. The people you should be looking at are your own coach and president who did not have the guts to back up their words with actions. Very poor effort, and now you're reminding us of this embarrassing backdown by your club.

Bren, Norf must be the dumbest club going around:

So outraged were they by Ziebell's 3 week penalty that they challenged (lost the early plea discount), got even more outraged and then DID NOT APPEAL.

So for all of their confected outrage, the tweets, the presser Brad Scott did to mcuh acclaim, the amateurish president's scripted gripes on TFS and for all the claims that the game had changed forever, THEY DID NOT APPEAL. So they conceded that the Tribunal got it right. All talk no action from those tough guys at Norf.

And here you are, Bren, trying to stir the nest once more. The people you should be looking at are your own coach and president who did not have the guts to back up their words with actions. Very poor effort, and now you're reminding us of this embarrassing backdown by your club.
i am not trying to stir anything, as i have stated, i was impressed that he was able to play...

More and more I look at the Ziebell incident the more and more I am sure that the tribunal got it absolutely right.

If Ziebell was really making the ball his priority, he would not have turned away from the ball, so that his hip was facing both AJ and the incoming ball. He would have faced up, both hands toward the ball and made a proper attempt to mark. Ziebell can bleat all he likes about not changing the way he plays the game. That's fine Jack. We know you're a coward for turning your body away from the incoming ball - and now we know you're an idiot because you'd be prepared to do it again. What a fool. Led by some even bigger fools.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back