Williams Dropped!

Remove this Banner Ad

Nightwolf_69 said:
I understand all this who-ha about his lack of chasing etc. But the consistency really bugs with AC. Hes obviously got his favourites.

Ladson has been crap for weeks, never even looked in doubt. (He played well against Richmond tho)...

Ries has held on to a spot that only suggests he has photos of Clarkson..

Guerra was playing the poor footy that had me labelling him as the worst player in the league last year, misses 3 weeks and is an automatic inclusion :eek: Youve got to be kidding me..

Then youve got Dixon last year, probably a mirror image of Williams the majority of this year, but he always seemed to find a spot in the side each week.

Osborne (although inured) and Vandenberg are another example. Hell, even Everitt has been crap this year...

The fact that the bloke still can take a major backman away from the young fellas or Croad up forward helps even more. And 33 goals for the year is still a fair effort.

I dont agree with Clarkson at all..
Nightwolf.... who exactly do you think there is to come into the side....? Who is there on the sidelines to play midfield that it is so disgraceful that the people you named shouldn't be in the side?

Guerra was excellent early on, dropped off a little, but overall has been a great pickup. I didn't hear you call him a 'hack' after his game against Geelong. He's been really good to our side. I think people forget how effective he was early.

Ries. Plays a role, no gun, only came in one we lost a lot of experience in Crawford and Vanders around the middle. Had a really good game against Richmond deserves to keep his place on lasts weeks performance. Wouldn't be playing if we had a full strength side. Has positives to his game that people don't acknowledge. Everyone knows his limitations but still works hard for what he does.

Ladson has been up and down, but we struggle for outside players with skills who can use the ball. We've basically got Young and Ladson at the moment until the youngsters come on. For team balance it would be ridiculous to bring Ball into the side for Ladson. We need some finishers, we don't have any other options at the moment.

Dixon has been good this year. Last year did well when Williams was injured. Struggled when our game plan was to kick to willo at every opportunity... pretty obvious why he didn't get bags when we were going to willo all day last year. Overall think he is a much improved player under Clarkson.

Everitt? Has still had games miles better than Taylor, still a top ruckman, and has struggled a little but still an automatic selection. You'd prefer Taylor playing over our all australian ruckman? Hasn't been his usual self, but no way I'd ever drop him for Taylor.

CK brought up the fact about forward structures. It hasn't worked having Dixon and Williams operate together, and now we have Croad Franklin and Barker up forward, we are able to drop willo to work a different structure to tell Willo he needs to add more to his game.

Coaches know the players, structures, team balance, opposition line ups, player capabilities etc a mile more than we do.

A very bold call by AC, Williams is definetley in the top couple of players at Hawthorn but it gives a good opportunity for a young kid to come in and earn his strips. Thought young Little might have got the call up, been good a box hill shouldn't belong before we see him in the brown and gold.

Murphy, very stiff to get dropped, one hot day doesn't make a summer. Should of got a least 1 more game to prove either way whether he belongs in the AFL.

hyperswivel said:
I understand Williams kicked two for Box Hill.
Did anyone go and see how he fared? Is he good for a return?
Please say yes... :eek:

Reports said he wasnt too bad, but the weather never really suited him or any other forwards. There were no goals kicked after half time..

Willo deserved to get dropped. The fact that we had no one to replace him was the killer.

Willo has got to stop staging for frees and start attacking the footy.

He should come straight back in but AC must tell the guys 'kick it to willo'. too often this year he has been ignored.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

haydnoconnor said:
After Saturday's performance Clarkson would be the dumbest coach in the whole of Australia to keep Williams out of the side
as i said other times Willo would not have helped on saturday one bit so stop whinging he accepted the drop cause he knew he needed it we should too!

FriarTuck said:
Willo deserved to get dropped. The fact that we had no one to replace him was the killer.

Willo has got to stop staging for frees and start attacking the footy.

He should come straight back in but AC must tell the guys 'kick it to willo'. too often this year he has been ignored.
yes he has been diving too much

What Willow needs to learn is also to be able to take a mark above his head on the lead. We dont have the best kicks in our team so he cant expect everything to hit his chest. What ever happened to players jsut playing for the ball not the free kick.

With that said I would of still liked Willow in for match up reasons.

Who do you think Willow will get this week? Wirrapanda? Chick?

Remove this Banner Ad

Williams Dropped!

Remove this Banner Ad

Back