Williamstown v Port Melbourne

Remove this Banner Ad

Johnno_6

Team Captain
Feb 15, 2008
Melbourne
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
In the Resrves Williamstown won 13.10.88 to Port 9.19.73. Amongst the best were Mulligan, Reid and Daniels. Daniels also kicked 1 goal.

In the Seniors Williamstown won 16.13.109 to Port 11.15.81.
Amongst the best were Minson, Stack and Markovic.
Goalkickers included Hooper 3, Jones 3, Stack 2 and Hill 1.

In the Resrves Williamstown won 13.10.88 to Port 9.19.73. Amongst the best were Mulligan, Reid and Daniels. Daniels also kicked 1 goal.

I hope little Hooper can string a few good ones together, because our Seniors are really struggling for speed and ball winning ability in the middle.

are these official bests or your opinion?

Good to see Jones kicked another 3 goals.

He is only young and great to see him playing so well in his first senior year at Willi.

He will be our next CHF.

Saw the whole game today at Willy.

Minson was BOG, gave Willy drive and disposal was good and rarely beaten iin the ruck. Jones very opportunistic with 4 goals I think, some good grabs, not sure he is ready yet given his body size. Stack OK, Hill disappointing tended to play on a wing and around the middle a bit more.

Markovic solid, first time I'd seen him, nice size was good, need another look at him before I form an opinion. Hooper was interesting, v small but a goer who worked hard and kicked a couple. Panos, OK but nothing that took my eye. Tiller was good, took a few grabs and finished the game well.

BTW Malcolm Lynch showed little for Port.

Also went along and watched the Willi seniors arriving just before the first bounce

My views
Markovic - played full back and was serviceable - not excited by him as a senior Bulldog prospect - slow
Tiller - Mostly deep defence and showed a bit marked well and had a red hot go. Disposal was reasonable
Easton Wood - provided plenty of run out of defence and was pretty good most of the game. 2 serious disposal errors(one for kick-in and one from free?) gifted goals to Port who got on a roll and threatened.
Boumann - Very good - defensive spoiling was exemplary- contributed well for most of the game.
Stack - What a tease - he looks so good when in motion but his output just does not match it. He makes it look so natural you think he is specifically designed for footy. Just does not do enough. Dropped a sitter chest mark in the goal sq in the last, but then showed fantastic recovery to gather and gaol.
Hill - Drifted in and out but mostly out. Needs to do lots more.
Hooper - lively and talks a lot. Useful - wins enough and uses to advantage
Jones - had a very good game - makes position, takes a good grab and kicked well. looked like he would not be out of place in the senior line up
Minson -Dominated the ruck winning at least 3/4 of the hitouts and had a good amount to team advantage. Took a few grabs and used the ball well. Was the first or second link in at least 5 scoring chains. Was always trying to create. BOG in my mind.
Rose - a little disappointing and need to do a lot better if he is to make a claim at a senior Bulldog spot.
Panos - played forward but offered very little. one terrific knock-on in the first qtr. Unfortunately did little else. Looks slow.

I would see the best of the Bulldogs as Minson, Jones, Boumann and Hooper.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I rate Hooper from his under 18 days and I was very happy we picked him up as a Rookie. Seemed to be a back pocket mostly at under 18 from what I saw, but Willi are playing him on ball and forward. Not sure he's a pure crumber like say an Eddie Betts/Milne. Think More Ben Mcglynn...

For what it's worth, glad to see big Will having a good game, but unless Roughead is injured he's not back in just yet.

Is he the crumber we are waiting for?
Did not seem to do much of that.
Actually took a couple of marks and found space a bit.
Sitting in the stand you can really hear the players talking and he was good at calling for handballs out of packs etc.
Goes at it hard and looks pretty smart about the game, but never crumbed off a marking contest that I saw.

I was at the Game.

Minson was fantastic
Jones should be in front of Grant he would not have missed that goal-a real footballer
Hill still is a senior player went in and out of game
Wood would be playing at any other club(Collingwood are sniffing around him for next trade)
Panos only had a fhalf a game-didnt show much but williamstown have Little in his spot
Hooper looks like a real footballer will be placed on list next year
Bouman was fantastic i think he could play in 1s now
Tiller was Solid
Reid only played half a game but he looks the goods

Ready to play and would replace below

Minson-Roughead
Bouman-Everritt
Hill-Eaglton
Jones-Grant
Tiller-Williams

Ward
Boyd
Picken
Reid

the obove is our gut running players that make other such as Griffen and Cooney look super fast

I was at the Game.

Minson was fantastic
Jones should be in front of Grant he would not have missed that goal-a real footballer
Wood would be playing at any other club(Collingwood are sniffing around him for next trade)
Panos only had a fhalf a game-didnt show much but williamstown have Little in his spot
Tiller was Solid

Minson-Roughead
Bouman-Everritt
Hill-Eaglton
Jones-Grant
Tiller-Williams

Ward
Boyd
Picken
Reid

the obove is our gut running players that make other such as Griffen and Cooney look super fast

What are you smoking ?

I was at the Game.

Minson was fantastic
Tiller was Solid

Minson-Roughead
Bouman-Everritt
Hill-Eaglton
Jones-Grant
Tiller-Williams

Ward
Boyd
Picken
Reid

Reid played the full game.....in the reserves.
Who have you mistaken him with?

Tiller was also average at best and well short of a gallop.

I appreciate you're thoughts on the VFL match, Tutty - thanks.

But that's a big call - six changes this week.
These five (incl two first gamers):

Minson-Roughead
Bouman-Everritt
Hill-Eaglton
Jones-Grant
Tiller-Williams

plus

Boyd for ... now let me guess ... Gilbee? Cross?

I think we can respectfully file this one under TGYNOMC (Thank God You're Not On Match Committee)

Sorry guys was ment to say these are changes in the next 6 weeks -if we dont lift?

Our depth is exiting and the best in the comp!

Minson-Roughead
Bouman-Everritt
Hill-Eaglton
Jones-Grant
Tiller-Williams

Grant holds his spot for mine, I though he has been good both weeks.

I wasn't sold on Roughy on Friday - he looks good when going for a grab but the kid gets monstered at boundary throw ins. He'll be a gun ruckman, but not as a 19 year old.

Minson in for Roughy, need to get Boyd in too.

Grant holds his spot for mine, I though he has been good both weeks.

I wasn't sold on Roughy on Friday - he looks good when going for a grab but the kid gets monstered at boundary throw ins. He'll be a gun ruckman, but not as a 19 year old.

Minson in for Roughy, need to get Boyd in too.

Agreed. The hard one will be finding someone to drop for Boyd.

Remove this Banner Ad

Williamstown v Port Melbourne

Remove this Banner Ad

Back