Player Watch Willie Rioli

Remove this Banner Ad

I'm out with personal issues myself

cheech-and-chong-gif-file-726kb-u3qtxlsid2uoz2fa.gif

He's a public figure who makes a living though the support of members and sponsors.
He's not a public figure. He is an employee of a privately listed company. He is paid a salary from that company which draws its revenue from customers, entities that pay for advertising and distributions from the controllers of the entertainment industry it participates in. He is not paid from the public purse.

OK.

I accept it's nobodys business but Willie's.

On the other hand Willie is a public figure and a important part of Ports list who's paid 100s of thousands of dollars a year by the club and has a pretty good lifestyle of the back of members and sponsors.

It's nobodys business but all anyone has to say is " Willie's mum isn't the best and he needs to be there to support her."

No further comment or explanation required.

Everyone supports him and backs him in.
No, it's not "anyone's" right to do this ... unless Willie says they can. If he just wants it put out as "for personal reasons", then that's all the club is allowed to do. They will follow his wishes on this.

Let's just give him the space he wants. We get the enjoyment of seeing the amazing attributes and skills of the indigenous players each week, but we also have to accept their unique cultural outlook.

He literally missed games because he "smokes buds here and there". There's a drug policy in the AFL, you can't breach it, and expect people not suspect it, or care about it. How much shit did Ollie Wines cop for his extracurricular activities that cost him games?
My point was directed at the judgement he's getting now based off of previous incidents when no one even knows what the **** is going on in reality. Not the actual action itself.

Excellent post.

Dealing with family or personal issues for any player, let alone Indigenous players living away from their communities, are things that AFL clubs have learned to understand and respect far better than they have in the past.

PAFC handled Willie's mourning period for the anniversary of the loss of his dad, Willie Sr, in July last year with silence and respect. He's a dad with 2 young kids and I would think the same respect is being shown here, whatever the issues are.
I am ruthless when it comes to football. They are highly paid & there is a price that comes with that. If players don't want to pay the price play at a lower level. Willie has missed quite a lot of games, too many.

Why can't any questions be asked?

Especially when this is the vague shit we are getting told:

"We are optimistic once he is right, we will let Willie play," Hinkley said.
Exactly, questions should be asked. We need him on the field, that's what he's paid to do. We dont pay him to run community programs. We're not running some amateur football team.

He's a public figure who makes a living though the support of members and sponsors.

Those members and sponsors are hearing every theory imaginable and wondering what they are investing in.

What's the best way of handling that?

None of your business?

That's not going well.
Karen's be outraged.
Maybe you are the problem & not the rest of the world, time to get of he soap box.

Weed is a funny one. Shows up in tests for weeks on end for some people, and only for a few days for others…

Naming a player each week makes sense.
Let’s them do a piss test 24 hrs out from the game. If it goes positive - withdraw them from the side. If it’s clear - they play.

Karen's be outraged.
Maybe you are the problem & not the rest of the world, time to get of he soap box.

Nothing Karen about it at all.

The mismanagement of Soldo, the embarrassment of Ken, the comedy gold we've been dished up hiding Willie.

The club needs to try and show its actually capable of looking a little less amateurish.

Port is on the slide for a reason and it's lack of professionalism and the decision-making that's been on public display might have something to do with it.

time to start thinking about a handshake agreement on a payout figure then moving on I think.

Hes an exceptionally-talented player who I derive much enjoyment from watching, but you can’t have a player on your list who can apparently train and be around the club during the week, but then just opts out on weekends.

Can’t be half in and half out. Doesn’t mean he’s a bad bloke, just means he’s probably not cut out for the life of a full-time professional athlete.

Which 84 games in seven seasons backs up definitively.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

time to start thinking about a handshake agreement on a payout figure then moving on I think.

Hes an exceptionally-talented player who I derive much enjoyment from watching, but you can’t have a player on your list who can apparently train and be around the club during the week, but then just opts out on weekends.

Can’t be half in and half out. Doesn’t mean he’s a bad bloke, just means he’s probably not cut out for the life of a full-time professional athlete.

You have no idea why he has missed games and you are calling him to retire lol. What

I'd still rather Rioli for 10 games a season than most other small forwards in the comp

Nothing Karen about it at all.

The mismanagement of Soldo, the embarrassment of Ken, the comedy gold we've been dished up hiding Willie.

The club needs to try and show its actually capable of looking a little less amateurish.

Port is on the slide for a reason and it's lack of professionalism and the decision-making that's been on public display might have something to do with it.
geez, you live on the sunny side of the street.

Well we can't get rid of Jed

IF he was good to go and IF there was no sinister reason he's been out, he should have been straight in for Evans and at the very least been the sub

Noticed his minutes were getting managed due to lack of footy. Felt like he was on the bench for a lot of the 3rd quarter, then I saw him sneak on behind the play and drift to the goal square to get a goal immediately.

Noticed his minutes were getting managed due to lack of footy. Felt like he was on the bench for a lot of the 3rd quarter, then I saw him sneak on behind the play and drift to the goal square to get a goal immediately.
According to some here, he was probably just off the ground for a quick ..... 🚭💨🤧

Player Watch Willie Rioli

Remove this Banner Ad

Back