Grand Slam Wimbledon 2024

Remove this Banner Ad

Said he heard a loud crack in his hip (Which was a small tear in the cartilage connecting to the adductors)

And it wasn't on match point it was during the last 3 points

May not even play the Olympics now

If he has any brain (I’m sure he and his team do), he will be resting for a couple of months he’s had a big schedule got to 6 in the world can now relax his schedule

Disappointing news to bring you as Alex de Minaur has confirmed that he has had to withdraw from his quarter-final match against Novak Djokovic because of a hip injury.

A statement from the Australian ninth seed read: "Obviously not an announcement I wanted to make by any means. I am devastated to pull out due to a hip injury, a little tear of the fibre cartilage that kind of is at the end of or connects to the adductor.

"I felt a loud crack during the last three points of my match against Fils and got a scan yesterday and it confirmed that this was the injury and with high risk of making it worse if I was to step on court."

Think its representing the country is thing

Sure but if you asked me to name even the last gold medalists in tennis wouldn’t even have a clue. Not that I rate him in terms of winning a slam but if you get to a top 6 seed it gives you every chance if you get an upset or two. His game suits the US Open

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Hopefully regarding the Olympics that they replace his doubles spot with Rinky (who’s actually in the singles draw) as that was the only medal chance. He was never a medal chance in singles anyways

Sure but if you asked me to name even the last gold medalists in tennis wouldn’t even have a clue. Not that I rate him in terms of winning a slam but if you get to a top 6 seed it gives you every chance if you get an upset or two. His game suits the US Open
2020 Zverev
2016 Murray (awesome tournament. JMDP beat Novak in the first round, and then made the final, in front of his "home" Fans. Would love a Masters down in South America one day)
2012 Murray
2008 Nadal
2004 The Chilain..? or Kafelnikov (It was Massu 2004, Kafelnikov in 2000)

Girls Wise, I can't think of who won the gold in Toyko. (looked up, Belinda Bencic....Damn, that is a name I havent heard for a while. Had her daughter in April. potential super mum if she returns.
2016 Puig (and that is her career)
2012 Serena
2008 Dementieva....(Yes, no idea how I remembered that and not 2020)
2004 No idea.

That was fun.

In saying all that, I do agree. Something like this injury needs to be rested above all else. Look at Murray... Maybe just play Mixed, so you can say you are an Olympian and experience an actual games, without putting strain on your body. Also, more rest. But I guess it depends on the injury and recovery time.

ADN missed 2021 due to Covid.Would be cruel to miss Paris as well

Grand Slam Wimbledon 2024

Remove this Banner Ad

Back