Grand Slam Wimbledon 2024

Remove this Banner Ad

I'd like to see Medvedev beat both of them, he was impressive beating Sinner last night even if Sinner was hampered by injury.

Carlos drop shots the bloke to oblivion every time they play terrible matchup

2020 Zverev
2016 Murray (awesome tournament. JMDP beat Novak in the first round, and then made the final, in front of his "home" Fans. Would love a Masters down in South America one day)
2012 Murray
2008 Nadal
2004 The Chilain..? or Kafelnikov (It was Massu 2004, Kafelnikov in 2000)

Girls Wise, I can't think of who won the gold in Toyko. (looked up, Belinda Bencic....Damn, that is a name I havent heard for a while. Had her daughter in April. potential super mum if she returns.
2016 Puig (and that is her career)
2012 Serena
2008 Dementieva....(Yes, no idea how I remembered that and not 2020)
2004 No idea.

That was fun.

In saying all that, I do agree. Something like this injury needs to be rested above all else. Look at Murray... Maybe just play Mixed, so you can say you are an Olympian and experience an actual games, without putting strain on your body. Also, more rest. But I guess it depends on the injury and recovery time.

ADN missed 2021 due to Covid.Would be cruel to miss Paris as well

Monica Puig jeez that’s a blast from the past. Did know Dementieva (farce she never won a slam still the best player that never won one Serena peak era). Belinda Bencic winning one jeez that’s random but on her day she was very good pretty sure she’s said she’s coming back next year on commentary

Learnt one thing watching the Womens last week and a bit. If Barty decided to come back in the next 12 months with some serious practice and fitness under her belt she would dominate these hacks. Swiatek is the softest number 1 in a long time and as she admitted herself in an interview about being number 1 it was her good fortune when Barty retired. Would be a very different story. Clay aside though i suppose.

Learnt one thing watching the Womens last week and a bit. If Barty decided to come back in the next 12 months with some serious practice and fitness under her belt she would dominate these hacks. Swiatek is the softest number 1 in a long time and as she admitted herself in an interview about being number 1 it was her good fortune when Barty retired. Would be a very different story. Clay aside though i suppose.

Her and Rybakina (in-form) would be a fun contrast of styles on grass.

Swiatek just can't play on grass. Which is surprising, since she is a former Junior Champ at Wimbledon.

On Clay, she is unbeatable. In Saying that, Muchova went close at last year's French Open final. Barty would be a very fun match-up here

On the Hardcourt, it would depend on the day, surface and the balls. Similar to how Barty went with Sabalenka. Iga can be a bit of a downhill skier. Can be unstoppable, can be a mess. Iga would get her 6-2's and Barty would probably win more matches.

Anyway, you are not a soft number 1 if you have been number one for a couple years straight. And, apart from little spells with Sabalenka, that is what Iga has been. Before Barty and Iga but after Serena, there were heaps of number 1 players in the world. Osaka, Pliskova, Halep, Kerber. All of those had larger weaknesses than Iga.

Actually, Iga has been number 1 for 111 weeks in total.
Barty was number 1 for 121 weeks in total (Covid excluded)

Swiatek just can't play on grass. Which is surprising, since she is a former Junior Champ at Wimbledon.

On Clay, she is unbeatable. In Saying that, Muchova went close at last year's French Open final. Barty would be a very fun match-up here

On the Hardcourt, it would depend on the day, surface and the balls. Similar to how Barty went with Sabalenka. Iga can be a bit of a downhill skier. Can be unstoppable, can be a mess. Iga would get her 6-2's and Barty would probably win more matches.

Anyway, you are not a soft number 1 if you have been number one for a couple years straight. And, apart from little spells with Sabalenka, that is what Iga has been. Before Barty and Iga but after Serena, there were heaps of number 1 players in the world. Osaka, Pliskova, Halep, Kerber. All of those had larger weaknesses than Iga.

Actually, Iga has been number 1 for 111 weeks in total.
Barty was number 1 for 121 weeks in total (Covid excluded)
All good and some great analysis there but for me Iga’s 111 weeks as 1 would not come into it as if Barty had not retired there is a good chance she would still be number 1 as she was on the cusp of dominating the women’s game. All subjective though I suppose as injury or loss of form through motivation could have played a part. Who knows but what I do know if she was playing this Wimbledon on what I have seen she would walk through this field to the title.

All good and some great analysis there but for me Iga’s 111 weeks as 1 would not come into it as if Barty had not retired there is a good chance she would still be number 1 as she was on the cusp of dominating the women’s game. All subjective though I suppose as injury or loss of form through motivation could have played a part. Who knows but what I do know if she was playing this Wimbledon on what I have seen she would walk through this field to the title.

Like Iga on grass, Ash wasn’t great at the US Open unfortunately we will never know and it would have been an amazing rivalry

Rybakina would be a very good opponent though she’s a fantastic grass courter too

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Great match- nothing between them. Entertaining tennis. Well done to both.
Can’t see paolini beating rybakina but good luck to her. Don’t mind who wins it.

Well- not what I expected but happy with this. Paolini and Krejcikova- now that will be an interesting contest. Looking forward to it.

Last edited:

Grand Slam Wimbledon 2024

Remove this Banner Ad

Back