Wimmera Football League Under 17's

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Yer thats shit as news about nath b that shit for nic baird to. try playing ones haha
nah not after wat happened in the 2's i prob get killed lol

(Log in to remove this ad.)

yer i got injuried for one week playing horsham in reserves this year cause a big fella came through and took me out haha
yer no good then. mine never hurt till i got up which i did straight away but then very close to tears until the big show had some words to me lol:thumbsu::D

What a week in football!
The Warracknabeal Eagles came off a 37 point loss against the Diggers to play the Stawell Warriors. Warracknabeal kept Stawell scoreless at the first break and kicking 3 goals 6 for themselves. Both teams scored 1 goal & 3 points in the second quarter leaving the margin of 24 points in favour to Warracknabeal. Stawell must have been appointed with the wrong end of the field letting the Eagles to kick 2 goals alongside an unfortunate 6 points again. 3rd quarter had Stawell down by 42 points but Stawell kept the Warrior spirit and added 2 goals to their tally leaving Warrack scoreless. Alex Ross and Timothy Germano taking best afield for the Eagles and Jesse Eckel alongside Nicholas Taylor took the 1st and 2nd B.O.G performance for the Warriors respectively.
Warracknabeal taking 6.15 (51) to beat Stawell 3.4 (22)

Nhill Tigers played the Horsham Diggers at City Oval and what a game it was with the battle being 2nd placed Nhill up against 4th placed Diggers. The Diggers walked onto the field hoping they could turn around their unfortunate first round loss to the Tigers after losing by 120 points odd. The Diggers kicked the first 2 goals in the 1st quarter with 3 behinds while keeping Nhill scoreless. The wind favoured Nhill in the second quarter but they could only convert 1 goal in the final minutes of the quarter. The Diggers kicked 3 goals straight and led by 26 points at the mid-break. With the wind against the Tigers, they managed to blitz a 4 goal run leaving the Diggers with just the single. The backline for the Diggers looked strong while the midfield was very evenly matched. The Diggers’ goaled in the first minute of the final quarter but the Tigers kept battling and earned themselves a goal rightfully.

Nhill scored 4 points alongside that single goal in the last quarter while the Diggers got another major taking them to 8.7 (55) and the Tigers 5.5 (35).
Best afield for United were Tanner Wills and Ayden Horyna while Tigers Martin Dufty and Jye Ross earned their spot in their clubs best.

At Alexandra Oval, 3rd placed Ararat Rats welcomed 1st placed Horsham Demons to what was to be a great game. Ararat being the only team victorious over Horsham this season looked to take their skill and pace to knock off the Demons. A 5 goal 4 point start to the Demons stunned the Rats leaving them scoreless come the 1st quarter. Demons kicked 5 behinds in the 2nd ironically with Ararat taking the ball through the middle of the goals just the once. The Rats were down by 33 at Half-Time and responded kicking 2 goals straight with the Demons kicking no goals but 4 behinds leaving them on 5.13 at 3rd quarter time. Ararat’s accuracy was to be admired but they couldn’t get the ball into their Forward 50 enough leaving them kicking 2 extra majors and 3 points. Demons were brought back to the ground and responded by kicking 3 goals and 2 behinds. Best afield for the Demons were Jack Atkin-Smith and Joel Ladlow, two very promising players while Luke Broadbent and Lachlan Malloy brought Ararat into the game with their efforts. Final score at Ararat was the Rats 5.3 (33) to Horsham 8.15 (63)

Minyip-Murtoa hoped to get their first win on the board against the exciting Horsham Saints at Minyip and the Burra’s fought hard throughout the match. The 1st quarter for the Saints ended with them kicking 3 goals 2 points to the single minor from M-M. Jacob Cooke-Harrison starred alongside Rory Taggert for the Saints as they kicked 2 goals 2 behinds in the second but something must have strengthened Minyip-Murtoa as they kicked 3 goals straight leaving the half-time margin of 15 in favour to the Saints. Cooke-Harrison was vital booting goals left right and centre t help the Saints kick another 3 goals compared to the Burra’s 1. The final quarter let the goals unload with Minyip-Murtoa kicking 2 and the Saints 4 goals & 6 points.
Final score at Minyip Recreation Reserve was Minyip- Murtoa 6.2 (38) and the Saints 12.14 (86).
Jacob Cooke-Harrison booting 5 majors and Rory Taggert with 3 helped them steer the win.
Best afield for the Saints was Shaun Knott and Beau Nelson kicking 3 goals between them in the process and the Burra’s Vincent and Timothy White played well but couldn’t help their team cross the line.

Dimboola had the bye.

And what a week in football!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back