Wimmera Football League

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I believe that there will only be three in contention for the medal. McFarlane, Mibus and tuckey. McFarlane has had a very consistant season and with already winning a medal should help his chances. Mibus and tuckey have had very similar seasons, however i think when mibus played on big names like Tucks, Mibus had the better of the duals like he did with Ararats Fratin. So for my prediction i am chosing Mibus to win, just from McFarlane and Tucks right behind in third. There will definately only be 3 in contention!!! As for the flag Stawell have given it there best but aren't hitting form at the right end of the season, nearly getting beaton by the bottom 2 sides two weeks in a row. I believe that United are hitting form at the right stage of the year however injuries last week have been a huge blow for the tigers and therefore Horsham will runaway easy winners in the G/F by about 52 pts over the tigers.:p

I would have thought one J. Kosch from M/M might be still an outside chance even though he missed 4/5 matches he definately would have polled votes in the last 2 games//////:eek:

I believe that there will only be three in contention for the medal. McFarlane, Mibus and tuckey. McFarlane has had a very consistant season and with already winning a medal should help his chances. Mibus and tuckey have had very similar seasons, however i think when mibus played on big names like Tucks, Mibus had the better of the duals like he did with Ararats Fratin. So for my prediction i am chosing Mibus to win, just from McFarlane and Tucks right behind in third. There will definately only be 3 in contention!!! As for the flag Stawell have given it there best but aren't hitting form at the right end of the season, nearly getting beaton by the bottom 2 sides two weeks in a row. I believe that United are hitting form at the right stage of the year however injuries last week have been a huge blow for the tigers and therefore Horsham will runaway easy winners in the G/F by about 52 pts over the tigers.:p

If Mibus wins the medal i will never play the game again! never seen such a soft scared skunk of a footballer running around thinking he is the greatest of all time! Leave me out of him!!

If Mibus wins the medal i will never play the game again! never seen such a soft scared skunk of a footballer running around thinking he is the greatest of all time! Leave me out of him!!

you may just have to hang up the boots then kickagoal. he is in very very good form this season. very surprised to hear someone say that mibus is scared as well. not with the way he has played the game this year.

bomber42 you aren't a punter are you? Or are you a bookie, as you've got the percentage at 167% with your flag odds and tight with the odds.

So the Cameo King will help you out;

$1.30 - Horsham; four flags in a row is some sort of form. Hard to see them losing.
$5.00 - United; Who I'd like to see win, as they've had much heartbreak since '88 and it will be another case of close, but no cigar for the Diggers.
$8.00 - Stawell; the classic win over Horsham already seems so long ago. Tuck's could pull one out of the bag, but drifting in the market.
$15.00 - Dimboola; have pushed Horsham for a couple of years, still have some big guns but tough to do it from outside the top 3.
$500.00 - Minyip/Murtoa; No

The above with a much more punter friendly, and reasonable, 116% market.

I think Kosch from MM will still have a great chance at winning the Thooey. Other main contenders in my opionon will be Mcfarlane ( a previous winner), Tuckey (a big name sure to attract votes) and Scotty Batchelor a previous winner also.

Horsham vs Stawell Grand Final as Horsham united have a few injuries from what i hear. If they are to make the grand final and win it Millar would have to kick 30 goals over the finals series. If Carr gets reported and suspended for the finals series this will bring the demons back to the fold and Stawell will win in my opionon.
It should be pretty close the finals series and which ever side has the least amount of injuries will win it.

Your fukn kiddin arn't ya. you obviously don't know much about the game. He stands about 6ft 4" and plays on the best forwards in the comp. If he doesn't mark it he punches the *** out of it and pushes up to each contest all the time and runs off like a rover. You obviously arn't a big fan. I am not either but some times you have got to give credit when credit is due!!:p

amogst all the bickering and personal attacks within the wimmera league forum, i think most people in here have forgotten the fact that this season is as exciting as its been for a few years in the WFL with three teams that have a genuine chance for the flag at the end of the year.

Also with just one round to go maybe some discussion could get back to what it is supposed to be and we could get some insight into any Toohey Medal prediction from those that regulalry attend some games as I'm sure the people on here do have some sensible points to put across in relation to this.

Here are some made up odds that could get the discussion back on track for the season:

Premiership
Horsham $1.25
Horsham Diggers $2.50
Stawell $2.70
Minyip-Murtoa $21
Dimboola $17

Toohey Medal (very hard to do but here is a go)
B. Tuckey $5
P. McFarlane $5.50
J. Mibus $7
D. Johns $8
N. Holloway $11
L. Carr $15
D. Krahe $15
L. Delahunty $21
P. Adlington $21

Any others I have forgotten for the Toohey, as I said, very hard to do this year with a more even competition and a lot of good players playing well.

Never been a big fan of mibus but has stepped up this year and deserves to be fav. ahead of tuckey who is an out right gun, i would put some money on adlington for value he is a young star and when he gets in the best it is usually the 3 votes and heard a whisper is sort after by glenelg for 2008. Any of the top 3 could win it, johns 2 weeks off for a freshen up could be the difference as he is firing once again.

Interleague coup
Tim O'Connor
space.gif

Stawell has landed yet another footballing coup with confirmation coming on Wednesday that the VCFL Pool C Championships will be held in Stawell next year.
Despite reports that the carnival had been locked in at Horsham, Wimmera Football League Football Manager Barry McTaggart said Stawell's Central Park and North Park would be the venues for the 2008 championships.
Mr McTaggart said a proposal was lodged by the Northern Grampians Shire which was voted on at a board meeting on Tuesday night. The decision was unanimous.
"It (Central Park) is the best facility in the Wimmera at the moment, there is no doubt about that," Mr McTaggart said.
"Last year's grand final was magnificent and they have had a couple of big games that have also been fantastic."
It is just another tick in Stawell's corner after hosting the 2006 WFL grand final, a VFL clash between North Ballarat and Bendigo Bombers and the VCFL District League versus South Australia Country showdown in recent times.
The Pool C competition, featuring Wimmera, Murray, Sunraysia and Bellarine Football Leagues, will be held over the May 24 and 25 weekend.
A change to the format will see competition reverting to a pool system. Each league will play two matches, one on each day, with Saturday's winners fighting out the championship final on the Sunday, while the two losers will attempt to avoid relegation.
Mr McTaggart expected the matches to be played over four quarters of around 15 minutes each.
He said under 18 clashes would be played prior to senior matches and hoped a netball competition could be added to the weekend's schedule.
Northern Grampians Shire team leader community development Michael Bailey said it was a big coup for the community of Stawell.
"It's a big thing for the community, the end of May is a quiet time for businesses and this will bring new people to spend money," he said.
Mr Bailey expected around 300 footballers as well as officials, family and supporters of the teams to travel to Stawell and said it was a bonus that visitors would be staying for the entire weekend.
Council's proposal included an outline of the shire's possible contributions, its ability to accommodate a large influx of visitors and an outline on the facilities at Central Park, North Park and Great Western.
The proposal also detailed the opportunity to attract Northern Grampians Shire Council events funding of up to $2,000. An opportunity to provide group activities for family and other visitors may be organised through the shire's Tourism Development team.

Minyip/Murtoa Pushed Horsham for 3 and a bit Quarters

Horsham V Minyip Murtoa

Qt 1 7 13 2 2 14
Ht 4 9 33 7 6 48
3qt 9 16 70 8 7 55
4th 13 20 98 10 12 72

David Johns 5

Big weekend of football ahead. Early predictions for what should be a tight two games.

united V Stawell the diggers to cover the wide open spaces of ararat better to get up by 10 points
dimboola v minyip-murtoa dimboola to continue their up-and-down season to get bombed out in the first round. the burras by less than a kick

does anyone know what has happened with the carr v weir incident? anything that may have an impact on the demons tilt at a 5th straight flag?

heard tuckey towelled up mibus early saturday and they had to move him to chf, anyone their that can explain further

Yes you are spot on there! went down to watch this so called star in Mibus that everyone reckons is a great chance to win the league B&F and what i saw was Tuckey give him a Bath! an old fashion footballing lesson! tuckey finished the first Quarter with 8 grabs and 2 different opponents! Mibus was left hunched over gasping for air! On a number of occasions Tuckey would lead up the ground out to the wing, back to CHF and then another 2 or 3 leads after that! Mibus was no where to be seen, didn't have the motor or the heart to go with tuckey! When Mibus went to CHF he should have went to the bench cos he was worth nothing all day! got a couple of cheap goals but never once got the hard ball! My 3 votes goes to Tuckey! If mibus was to go on and win the B&F it would be a disgrace to the past winners to have him in the same fold as them!

Yes you are spot on there! went down to watch this so called star in Mibus that everyone reckons is a great chance to win the league B&F and what i saw was Tuckey give him a Bath! an old fashion footballing lesson! tuckey finished the first Quarter with 8 grabs and 2 different opponents! Mibus was left hunched over gasping for air! On a number of occasions Tuckey would lead up the ground out to the wing, back to CHF and then another 2 or 3 leads after that! Mibus was no where to be seen, didn't have the motor or the heart to go with tuckey! When Mibus went to CHF he should have went to the bench cos he was worth nothing all day! got a couple of cheap goals but never once got the hard ball! My 3 votes goes to Tuckey! If mibus was to go on and win the B&F it would be a disgrace to the past winners to have him in the same fold as them!
What a load of shit. For you to say if he wins the medal, would be a disgrace. how can you comment on one game. I was actually in the United rooms before the game and he was instructed that if Tuckey ran past CHF for a lead to just let him go and help out down back. Reason being that it doesn't matter if Tucks takes 200 marks around the centre or centre wing, cos you don't kick goals from there can ya kicka!:thumbsdown:

mibus give him a break didnt c the game but have watched tuckey many times he didnt play AFL for no reason he is good an he will go on to win the metal this year

(Log in to remove this ad.)

What a load of shit. For you to say if he wins the medal, would be a disgrace. how can you comment on one game. I was actually in the United rooms before the game and he was instructed that if Tuckey ran past CHF for a lead to just let him go and help out down back. Reason being that it doesn't matter if Tucks takes 200 marks around the centre or centre wing, cos you don't kick goals from there can ya kicka!:thumbsdown:
Why did he get taken off him then? If he was doing such a good job??

So he was instructed to let the most dangerous player on the field do what ever he wanted out side of the forward 50?! he was ment to go down back and help out yet he was standing on a flank hands on knee's gasping for air cos he had been given the run around and couldn't keep up! Any other excuses you wanna pull out for him? I am sick of people making excuses for Mibus, thats all i heard last year when he didn't get a kick at Donald.

Why did he get taken off him then? If he was doing such a good job??
Just goes to show how versatile he is. Don't get me wrong, cos i don't think much of him either but has played some great footy this year and gave Tucks a hiding last time dont forget. And by the way Tucks won't will the medal!:cool:

Just goes to show how versatile he is. Don't get me wrong, cos i don't think much of him either but has played some great footy this year and gave Tucks a hiding last time dont forget. And by the way Tucks won't will the medal!:cool:

Thats because Dean 'tommy' Gunn from the Warrack Eagles will. Had a great year what a superstar!

1st Semi Final is At Stawell and
2nd Semi Final is at Ararart

wonder why Ararat has a 2nd final in a week ?

week after will be interesting where preliminary final will be played at

Maybe Mibus got moved to CHF because Kearney was out with a knee injury! If jake was up and running they would have won the game. United missed him on the weekend!:(

Because it has been and still is the best ground in the league lepper!!!

i heard it was meant to be played at st micks but horsham went and had a look at it and said no way jose. esp after the carr weir ordeal.can anyone confirm this?

anyone know when the appeal is and what is an expected outcome?

Well said Piefan! Word is that if stawell and Horsham play off in the GF Alexandra Oval may be used again. Any thoughts on that Andyt???

my money is if warrak has a rain and the ground is good the GF will be there.
but if it dont rain then ararat is looking more and more likely if it is those two teams in it.

i heard it was meant to be played at st micks but horsham went and had a look at it and said no way jose. esp after the carr weir ordeal.can anyone confirm this?

anyone know when the appeal is and what is an expected outcome?

can confirm. the saints spent a fair bit of $$$ in order to try and get their ground up to scratch for a final but after a request from the dees the league decided against it.

also the dimmy united match was first scheduled for murtoa a few weeks ago (except if the burras had have beaten dimmy last weekend) so they also forked out some $$$ only for the league to say the oval was not in good enough nick and the match was moved to stawell.

not many other options for the league at the moment with dimboola's gorund fair from up to scratch and the hardness of the city oval plus two horsham teams still in the finals. the league would probably be saving warrack's oval for one of the prelim or grand finals, it has generally got one of those matches in the past

Well said Piefan! Word is that if stawell and Horsham play off in the GF Alexandra Oval may be used again. Any thoughts on that Andyt???

i heard at umpire training could be at Stawell again
their not oftern Wrong don't know how Ararart Got 2 finals in arow hope next year they plan it better eg Dimboola v Minyip/Murtoa at Nhill why didn't Warracknabeal get the Elimination Final would been more easier for Minyip/Murtoa & Dimboola nothing Wrong With Anzac Park Surface last time i looked. Wimmera Football League should follow other leagues and have the one Venue eg Goulburn Valley who uses Shepparton main ground,
and Horsham being the central Location for the Wimmera

From umpiring at Coughlin Parks not the best ground for finals the way the ground is Especally when it rains north end the Water just lays there be dangerous driving south end when ball get kicked over the fence.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back