Universal Love Wingard

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Exactly this. We (including the club) know he has so much more to give, he could 'coast' his entire career as he is and he'd finish as a star. However we all know he's not a star, he's a superstar.

He has a higher measure applied to him than others.
I am happy for Wingard to coast to 350 games and 4 premierships Shaun Burgoyne style.

Wingard already has 1 more AA than junior and hasn’t even reached his peak

Yeah but after the Hawthorn premium is applied,

Rioli > Shaun > Gav > Pe. Matera > This Universe > The Next Universe > Wingard

[THIS IS WHAT HAWKTOLOGISTS ACTUALLY BELIEVE]

For the past couple of seasons, Chad body language before and during the games screams out “what the hell am I doing here” & “If I could earn the big bucks another less energetic way please show me how”.
Certainly trade bait end of season!

Wingard is massively smashed on here for doing what most others couldn't even get close too.

Sure, he can look laconic, and isn't playing to the levels we all would want him to consistently but for a side that lacks class he is the last player you'd want leaving.

You don't lose guys like Wingard, you work out what's going wrong and try rectifying it.

95% of our list could only dream of having the impact he does even when not firing on all cylinders. Still the most creative player we have by a long shot, still probably the most skilled we have even if he's not fully engaged as much as we'd like.

So, what are people seeing with Wingard? I have read people here mention that he looks laconic or disinterested but I just don’t see it. What are those people seeing that I am not?

To me, he is not as spectucular as when he was younger but he is much more consistent. This coincides with him playing more time in the midfield and him maturing.

For the past couple of seasons, Chad body language before and during the games screams out “what the hell am I doing here” & “If I could earn the big bucks another less energetic way please show me how”.
Certainly trade bait end of season!
ARrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrkilllllllmmmmmeeeeennnnnnnnoooooooooowwwwwwwwwww!!!!!!!

So, what are people seeing with Wingard? I have read people here mention that he looks laconic or disinterested but I just don’t see it. What are those people seeing that I am not?

To me, he is not as spectucular as when he was younger but he is much more consistent. This coincides with him playing more time in the midfield and him maturing.
Agree.

Some of the so-called "analysis" here reeks of the sort of rubbish that comes from the pop psychologists at your typical corporate HR department.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Honestly, i know rumors started by internet nobodies are to be taken with more than a pinch of salt but he doesn't want to be here then **** him off, if he wants a trade out then its straight to the magoos for someone who wants to genuinely play for us.

Honestly, i know rumors started by internet nobodies are to be taken with more than a pinch of salt but he doesn't want to be here then **** him off, if he wants a trade out then its straight to the magoos for someone who wants to genuinely play for us.

He doesn't want a trade out. He's happy where he is, which is probably a bit of a contributor to the problem.

From what I can tell this is far from the case.

He doesn't want a trade out. He's happy where he is, which is probably a bit of a contributor to the problem.

From what I can tell this is far from the case.

Ok fair enough, just had a quick glance at the thread.

He wants to stay, thats great but what i said applies to all top 22 players, if you want out then **** off and play in the 2's.

Don’t forget Gray was all potential until he did his knee.

Wingard had a couple of great seasons as a junior and while he’s not the same clutch kid, he’s still bloody valuable on field.

Don’t forget Gray was all potential until he did his knee.

Wingard had a couple of great seasons as a junior and while he’s not the same clutch kid, he’s still bloody valuable on field.

Similar in a way to this, his hamstring injury this year was described as a good thing for him as it apparently helped him gain some perspective and hunger to get back.

There have been lots of players who have serious injuries and for some reason come back better players afterwards. This game is so much in the head.

I kinda had the impression from Wingard that he only looks shitty on-field sometimes because hes ultra competitive. Some guys wear their heart on their sleeve. Doesn't want to be out there? Please.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad