Certified Legendary Thread Winged Guernsey Petition/Letter - #ReturnTheWings: WINGS RETURNED, PERIL RETURNED - JOB DONE!

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Maybe it'll only be minor tweaks to the current design??

In 2012 when bankwest came on board, we lost the white outline, around the wings and eagle head. Not sure when that was announced, but feel like it was just an article on their website and that's about it, no big presentation or anything like that.

Maybe with HJs coming back, they'll tweak the logo slightly, but not enough to deserve a full on presentation at the club champs.

Can anyone recall a major guernsey change that wasn't announced at the club champ awards??

Maybe it'll only be minor tweaks to the current design??

In 2012 when bankwest came on board, we lost the white outline, around the wings and eagle head. Not sure when that was announced, but feel like it was just an article on their website and that's about it, no big presentation or anything like that.

Maybe with HJs coming back, they'll tweak the logo slightly, but not enough to deserve a full on presentation at the club champs.

Can anyone recall a major guernsey change that wasn't announced at the club champ awards??
No previous guernsey change has been concurrent with a manufacturer change. They probably can't unveil anything new until a certain date, contractually.

The new away in 2012 was announced the 31st of October, so my previous statement about the new football year being 1st of November must be correct. I reckon if any thing's changing, which we're pretty sure it will, it'll be around that time.

The new away in 2012 was announced the 31st of October, so my previous statement about the new football year being 1st of November must be correct. I reckon if any thing's changing, which we're pretty sure it will, it'll be around that time.
So 25 more days. Are we allowed to upload our fan art yet, or will our posts still get deleted?

Does anyone know if the puma store at Watertown still stocks the 30 year jumpers? I don't want to make the trek down from Joondalup if they're out.
I seem to recall the AFL store in the CBD having some..

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Few jumpers with minor changes that we only wore for one year.

Only had Burswood as sponsor for 1 year, pretty sure we only wore the peril with SGIO for one year. The centenary jumpers were only worn for one season, plus our royal wings with the back sponsor was only worn for the 94 season before we changed to the navy and royal with white outlines and no eagles text. So a few times that jumpers changed slightly from season to season.

Few jumpers with minor changes that we only wore for one year.

Only had Burswood as sponsor for 1 year, pretty sure we only wore the peril with SGIO for one year. The centenary jumpers were only worn for one season, plus our royal wings with the back sponsor was only worn for the 94 season before we changed to the navy and royal with white outlines and no eagles text. So a few times that jumpers changed slightly from season to season.
I'd classify a new logo as a proper change though, rather than the minor tweaks you described above.

Yeah but the peril we wore this year wasn't a major change from the previous years guernseys, and it'll only be worn for one season, sort of like the changes I mentioned.

Obviously next season will be a big change like you said (well hopefully it's not though, hopefully it's all rumours and we don't see the fan art logo)

Yeah but the peril we wore this year wasn't a major change from the previous years guernseys, and it'll only be worn for one season, sort of like the changes I mentioned.

Obviously next season will be a big change like you said (well hopefully it's not though, hopefully it's all rumours and we don't see the fan art logo)

I'd say the gold wings we wore this year is a huge jumper change. Hadn't had a gold jumper in rotation for 28 years other than what 5 one offs? Significantly bigger than a sponsor change.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back