Certified Legendary Thread Winged Guernsey Petition/Letter - #ReturnTheWings: WINGS RETURNED, PERIL RETURNED - JOB DONE!

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
The most unforunate outcome would be bringing back a white jumper, and non-wings design(s).

I'd prefer Puma, but can live with another manufacturer. A new logo could potentially be a good thing.

I could live with a white wings if it meant royal at home and peril away.

My ideal set would be full royal at home, royal with white shorts and inverted sponsors away, peril with royal shorts clash. But we all know that won’t happen.

On iPad using BigFooty.com mobile app

Gonna go out on a limb, would rather the white not be traditional wings, if we have white.

do something, feathers or whatever. But don’t keep a shit white jumper for 6 years like last time, rotate it
But if we have a yellow jumper, we have ZERO need for a white jumper.

But if we have a yellow jumper, we have ZERO need for a white jumper.

We'd only need it against the hawks away, which I think was the main reason the royal was first used in the late 80s. With the club seeming to be against using anything but the away or clash guernsey for away games (no more away branded home guernseys or vice versa, like we used to use in the mid 2000s) it'll likely mean there's a designated clash guernsey. And then it'll turn into what the tablecloth was, a guernsey that's worn more than it's actually needed to be to try and get more exposure, and more sales.

Watch us now wear it against any team with yellow. (Richmond, Brisbane, hawks and maybe even the crows & suns)

It would've been interesting if we had a top ten pick re: the jumper presentation. Hopefully they would have announced it by the time of the draft anyway.

A bit off topic but on my 9th birthday I received my first WCE guernsey, a long sleeve wings with the collar. That day was October 1st, 1994, and we won the premiership that day.

It was my prized possession until I outgrew it and Mum gave it to my younger cousin. My Nan passed away recently, just after I was able to tell her my wife and I were expecting our first child. As the family were all digging through old photos, one of me in the guernsey popped up. I shared it on Facebook and my cousin replied that he still had it.

We found out we are expecting a son and the guernsey has been returned to us so I can pass it on to my young boy. A little bit of history to be passed from generation to generation. :thumbsu:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

It was announced on the 31st of Oct in 2011 about the changes to the away jumper. New sponsor in Bankwest, and the tweaked design. Thought it might be similar this year.

If tomorrow is the "new year" then surely all traces of BW and Puma will be removed from the website, and you'd think if that was the case, they'd announce the new one ASAP to sell as many as they can.

They're most likely also still contracted for today so maybe can't announce anything until the contract expires.

Why have we earmarked today for something to happen again?

October 31 - November 1 is the start of the ‘new year’ in footy, so if the rumours of changing to ISC and a new logo are true, it’s expected they’d be announced today or tomorrow.

On iPad using BigFooty.com mobile app

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back