wiz arrested !!

Remove this Banner Ad

Long term planning coming into place. Fast track Collard.

I feel sorry for Connolly who has been an out and out supporter/defender of Farmer. Farmer's actions may well impact on Connolly's tenure at the club.

Long term planning coming into place. Fast track Collard.

I feel sorry for Connolly who has been an out and out supporter/defender of Farmer. Farmer's actions may well impact on Connolly's tenure at the club.

Up to what point is he a defender? I doubt he would be after this.

Just as the Dockers are trying to get their act together and looking ok ,this crap happens with farmer , they did not need this .

Up to what point is he a defender? I doubt he would be after this.

CC defended Farmer's eye gouging, which I was very surprised at. Gouging is a disgraceful act. As I understood it, Connolly did not actually think eye gouging took place from what Farmer had told him. Scratching perhaps, or something along those lines. The footage was pretty damning though.

He's got some serious issues, it's not like he's 19 anymore. And if he does want to go out and get hammered he should go to the Seaview. Does anyone know where he was?

He might struggle to come back from this. They'll be lining up to give him a hard time in the WAFL, if he loses the plot at Souths it could be season and even possibly career over. :(

It's also an unnecessary distraction on game day, especially with it being Len Hall Day and Macca's 200th. If we lose today we definately won't make the top four.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Pretty harsh suspension there, 6 weeks is a lot for what he allegedly did. Still they obviously want to send a message to the players about this sort of issue, which is more than we have done in the past so congrats to the Freo board :thumbsu:

Farmer should be filthy with himself, he just needed a little bit of self control to keep himself from doing something stupid, but he's got in more trouble.

Love watching the guy play so hope he comes back playing some more good footy.

Try and ignore the trolls, i'm sure you'll see plenty of them over the next few days.

Congratulations to the Dockers for acting so fast on this latest transgression!
Six weeks is harsh, but they have now made an example, and they have also said that the TEAM is more important than an individual.
Farmer also has to face the Dockers board before he returns to footy in round 13, and tell them why he thinks he should play again for them.
Well done Dockers, you didn't sweep this under the mat, and pretend it didn't happen. You will gain a lot of respect from other teams for your action! You certainly have my respect!!!
The worst thing is that Farmer didn't tell the club what he did, they heard on the media first.Apparently they were furious!!

Gee, you're really scraping the barrel there. Do you really want to be comparing the precious little 'spiritual' captain, the boy from a 'good family' who has been so sadly led astray, to that big, nasty, evil Jeffrey Farmer from the Dockers, where they don't even have a culture?

Honestly, the day any Freo player is even remotely close to being even half the loser that Cousins is, is the day the club should be shut down.
You are a fully-fledged D-head mate - Both players have problems and I never suggested they didnt... Cousins was a d-head for doing what he did and so was Farmer for doing what he does

Seriously, if your gonna question what they have done, I guess you find it more suitable to hit your wife than to hurt yourself through drugs... Idiot

Farmer punishment: 6 Weeks, $5000, Front the board

At the game today was told from one of my mates who plays for Freo but is currently injured that Wiz's penalty is as above:
a) Further 6 week suspension from the club
b) $5000 fine
c) Front the board, has to tell the board why he wants to be a player at Fremantle, what his going to do to improve and why they should retain him

He shouldn't have been out from what I'm told and they have taken a pretty heavy stance.

Congratulations if this is the case cos we seriously need discipline to be instilled at our club. Whether his a 10 year player or 1st year rookie each player must know what they can and can't do

Re: Farmer punishment: 6 Weeks, $5000, Front the board

It's covered in here
http://www.bigfooty.com/forum/showthread.php?t=321312&page=3

What hurt him was that the club found out via the media, and that no one could reach him this morning. If he had called the club then fronted this morning he would have probably been suspended for 2-3 games.

Re: Farmer punishment: 6 Weeks, $5000, Front the board

I agree with the club's policy on this one.

What the hell was Jeffrey thinking, out on the piss, belting bouncers ( ok, that doesn't bother me ) at midnight, the night before a game ?

A senior player should lead by example :mad:

This presents a perfect scenario for a young bloke * insert Collard * to be given a chance to grab the bull by the horns.

As much as we miss the wiz, the team comes first and selfish behaviour is a distant last.

Remove this Banner Ad

wiz arrested !!

Remove this Banner Ad

Back