Woosha

Remove this Banner Ad

I am fine with him being coach for next year but things have to change:

- He should get 2 years and not 3
- Fresh blood in the coaching box
- We need a stoppage coach
- We need to get a game day coach like the Tigers have done with Williams
- Sort out our conditioning staff and see why the hell we have been getting massive injuries over the years
- We need to start spending more on recruiting staff.
- We need to clear out some players : Hams, A Selwood, Embley/Kerr ( If Kerr retires keep Embley) Nikoski.
- I think we get rid of Walsh too..he seems highly rated but his best was getting the forward press working and also helping port to the 2004 flag..but unless he has another idea i think we get rid of him.

- Sort out our conditioning staff and see why the hell we have been getting massive injuries over the years
- We need to clear out some players : Hams, A Selwood, Embley/Kerr ( If Kerr retires keep Embley) Nikoski.
- I think we get rid of Walsh too..he seems highly rated but his best was getting the forward press working and also helping port to the 2004 flag..but unless he has another idea i think we get rid of him.

So you want Woosha just to do the press conferences?
How come it is all the people under Woosha that are to blame?

So you want Woosha just to do the press conferences?
How come it is all the people under Woosha that are to blame?

I agree that Woosha is to blame as much as the people under him are but if you like it or not he is no doubt going to be the coach next year so if they do go down this path changes have to be made.

Whilst I am of the opinion that we need new blood in the coaches box and that Woosh needs to go, he did do something in 2011 and 2012 to get us back up again. Its no mean feet to equal the record for the biggest ladder jump in AFL history (16th to 4th).

I remember in 2010 when everyone was calling for his head, how did we feel when we started winning the following year? Can he do it again?

the difference then was that he still had his a grade from 06 (cox kerr, embley a selwood, glass) who were coming back from significant lay offs.

this time around those 5 are about to either retire or have less game time. that is a significant amount. considering 4 of the 5 are in our midfield demonstrates further how much trouble we are in the midfield.

thats not to say that cant be fixed but we'd need to be aggressive in the trading period (e.g. priddis) to get ourselves something half decent. and west coast just isnt that. extremely conservative.

this time around i really dont think worsfold could bring it back unless he drafts guns in one whole draft period as well as wins a trade or two. he'd have to be very lucky because at the moment it looks like a good 2-3 years rebuilding.

the difference then was that he still had his a grade from 06 (cox kerr, embley a selwood, glass) who were coming back from significant lay offs.

this time around those 5 are about to either retire or have less game time. that is a significant amount. considering 4 of the 5 are in our midfield demonstrates further how much trouble we are in the midfield.

thats not to say that cant be fixed but we'd need to be aggressive in the trading period (e.g. priddis) to get ourselves something half decent. and west coast just isnt that. extremely conservative.

this time around i really dont think worsfold could bring it back unless he drafts guns in one whole draft period as well as wins a trade or two. he'd have to be very lucky because at the moment it looks like a good 2-3 years rebuilding.

LOL A grade. maybe a grade support.

I h
Agreed. Just deleted a couple of dozen posts and handed out a couple of cards.

If anyone wants to keep going you are on very thin ground, this isn't the place to get personal.
i didn't call names neither did I insulted anyone.I simply voiced my opinion about eagles.I hope you were not referring to me.otherwise I'm confused.

I h
i didn't call names neither did I insulted anyone.I simply voiced my opinion about eagles.I hope you were not referring to me.otherwise I'm confused.

Don't think there was any issues any of your posts mate, you're fine.

I mostly agree with you Chris_6678. Particularly with having a stoppage coach and more and better recruiting staff.

I don't agree however on Phil Walsh, I reckon he's an asset to us.

I also think that you may say many things about Wosha, but he's an intelligent bloke, he's aware for example that he's not tactically astute and that's why he brought Phil Walsh. I reckon that in his new plan he is going to address all or most of these problems you mention here, plus others you may not have seen.

Having said all that I must confess that I wouldn't be fussed if Wosha goes and he's replaced. What worries me in the latter case is who would we replace him with. Other than Paul Roos who continuously says he's not interested in coaching, there are no obvious candidates. Of the assistant coaches elsewhere for every Alistair Clarkson there are 10 Mark Neeld, Dean Bailey, Chris Connolly, Damian Drum, Mathew Knights and the like.

I mostly agree with you Chris_6678. Particularly with having a stoppage coach and more and better recruiting staff.

I don't agree however on Phil Walsh, I reckon he's an asset to us.

I also think that you may say many things about Wosha, but he's an intelligent bloke, he's aware for example that he's not tactically astute and that's why he brought Phil Walsh. I reckon that in his new plan he is going to address all or most of these problems you mention here, plus others you may not have seen.

Having said all that I must confess that I wouldn't be fussed if Wosha goes and he's replaced. What worries me in the latter case is who would we replace him with. Other than Paul Roos who continuously says he's not interested in coaching, there are no obvious candidates. Of the assistant coaches elsewhere for every Alistair Clarkson there are 10 Mark Neeld, Dean Bailey, Chris Connolly, Damian Drum, Mathew Knights and the like.
Dont write Roos off just yet.Woosh is a great development coach but once he gets them there he only has a plan [ a ] no b,c and d which you need nowadays.Sometimes a less talented big body who gives his all is better value than a smaller more talented bloke.Woosh would be a huge hit at Melbourne.They are screaming out for a tough development coach with heavy cred.Woosh;if you stay,please start your midfield rebuild around Waters.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Am I the only person who isn't very enthused by the prospect of Roos?

I'm with you for a few reasons: the idea of making him "an offer he can't refuse" is too much like Blight and the Saints, I will always view him as the enemy because of 05/06, and I question just how good a coach he actually was. It is almost like the longer he's been out of the game the better coach he was....

I'm with you for a few reasons: the idea of making him "an offer he can't refuse" is too much like Blight and the Saints, I will always view him as the enemy because of 05/06, and I question just how good a coach he actually was. It is almost like the longer he's been out of the game the better coach he was....
Thats part of it, nostalgia is inflating his value to a degree. That Swans team was slightly underrated for the quality it had in there too, and boy did we stuff up our selection or miss a couple of key players in 05. Im looking at you Lynchy and Fido :(

Thats part of it, nostalgia is inflating his value to a degree. That Swans team was slightly underrated for the quality it had in there too, and boy did we stuff up our selection or miss a couple of key players in 05. Im looking at you Lynchy and Fido :(

Fido injured and Lynchys form was horrid in the previous month I'm pretty sure. But still, Gardy on one leg was just a gross decision.

Fido injured and Lynchys form was horrid in the previous month I'm pretty sure. But still, Gardy on one leg was just a gross decision.
Yeah Fido was the 'miss'. Lynch still would have at least provided something IMO. Sure that I am forgetting someone else who was overlook or missed. Past history but.

Dont write Roos off just yet.Woosh is a great development coach but once he gets them there he only has a plan [ a ] no b,c and d which you need nowadays.Sometimes a less talented big body who gives his all is better value than a smaller more talented bloke.Woosh would be a huge hit at Melbourne.They are screaming out for a tough development coach with heavy cred.Woosh;if you stay,please start your midfield rebuild around Waters.

You can't start a midfield rebuild around a bloke who plays 7 games a season. Trade Waters he is of no value to us playing 7 games a season.
If you want to rebuild around someone from left field then why not Hurn?

You can't start a midfield rebuild around a bloke who plays 7 games a season. Trade Waters he is of no value to us playing 7 games a season.
If you want to rebuild around someone from left field then why not Hurn?

I agree about trading Waters. We may be able to get a very good pick for him and i dont think he would be that greatly missed down back as opposed to what we would gain by having a really good mid instead.

Remove this Banner Ad

Woosha

Remove this Banner Ad

Back