Woosha

Remove this Banner Ad

I'm so stoked Nicoski was able to show his talent in 2011. It would have been a terrible shame for him to have retired without getting a chance to show he still had it. Assuming that's what the PC is about.

Always sad to see senior players leave, regardless of whether they've contributed to scratch or even been able to play at all. In fact, seeing players go out that way is also quite sad as well.

Really rate Selwood as a key part of beginning the shift in our club's culture post-2006 while Nicoski should be heralded for his off the field work with injured and developing players throughout our down and out period. Both have been solid citizens on and off the field.

Perthnow are running an article saying the announcement is likely about Nikoski and A Selwood retiring.

Both were most probably going to get de-listed at the end of the season any way so it just defuses that awkward situation, a shame for Nicoski that he never had a chance to build on his excellent 2011 season

Greg Who?
Brown needs AFL experience.

Knows a bit more than you do I would've thought.

Hmmm right.... experience on a player he doesn't match up well on and gets two kicked on him in the first ten minutes. Yep that's how its done. That's how you get experience.

I hope the club is able to keep both in a supporting or coaching role. They have been great contributers and fine leaders.

Selwood is looking at becoming an a development coach with WCE working at East Perth. He currently does some worth with the U16's i think?.

Nikoski i think she stick around the club also but not sure what he would do.

Selwood is looking at becoming an a development coach with WCE working at East Perth. He currently does some worth with the U16's i think?.

Nikoski i think she stick around the club also but not sure what he would do.

I know he's got long hair but she? :p

Full time host of Eagle Vision?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I really feel sorry for Nicoski, he has to be one of the most unluckiest players in recent times. His 2011 season was superb and went a long way towards the 4th place finish.

Selwood has probably chosen a good time to go for the sake of developing youngsters. If he is going into coaching then that's a massive boost for the club. It's easy to hang shit on him but the guy always did the best he could at the jobs he was given for the team.

It's looking more and more like Woosh will stay on. Thoughts?

I was very excited to have the opportunity that saw Paul Roos coach us but it looks like he may go to Brisbane.

I think Woosha needs a break, as much as I love Woosh I've been extremely frustrated with him all year. Maybe it's time for Woosha to take a break and leave on good terms and come back in a few years if we need him too. It's almost as if his love for the game has turned into something else.

The reality is, if Woosha coaches on and takes us to 4th or higher next year he will be a "good coach" all of a sudden. Id like him to be more flexible and take more risks, shake things up etc but I like him as coach. Im a bit on the fence with Woosha. Wouldnt hurt to shake up some of the coaching staff around him to bring some new ideas to the table. The core coaches have been there a while.

Good servants of the club who both had their fair share of injuries. Really feel for Nico who showed in 2011 what he could do but unfortunately his body couldn't sustain it.

On Woosh I think the big picture is we were building toward something last year, we had a good solid game plan that worked which was was vindicated by how we were talked up as pre-season premiership favourites. The other teams worked on our game plan in the off-season, as they do to combat the top teams, then we get some cruel injuries to important players all year long and suddenly Woosh looks like he's tired and can't coach. Nah I think he still can.

Roo's could of looked like a good thing and probably changed it up a bit but both his and Woosh's record are similar.

If, and it still is an if, Woosh does sign on for 2 more years, which is a fair agreement, I will be happy with it.
Now, will Voss be given a role at the club? Him and Woosh seem to be pretty good friends and he was offered a position before for a reason. If he does is there anyone in the assistant ranks that could be moving on that anyone knows of?

Good servants of the club who both had their fair share of injuries. Really feel for Nico who showed in 2011 what he could do but unfortunately his body couldn't sustain it.

On Woosh I think the big picture is we were building toward something last year, we had a good solid game plan that worked which was was vindicated by how we were talked up as pre-season premiership favourites. The other teams worked on our game plan in the off-season, as they do to combat the top teams, then we get some cruel injuries to important players all year long and suddenly Woosh looks like he's tired and can't coach. Nah I think he still can.

Roo's could of looked like a good thing and probably changed it up a bit but both his and Woosh's record are similar.

If, and it still is an if, Woosh does sign on for 2 more years, which is a fair agreement, I will be happy with it.
Now, will Voss be given a role at the club? Him and Woosh seem to be pretty good friends and he was offered a position before for a reason. If he does is there anyone in the assistant ranks that could be moving on that anyone knows of?
I was under the impression all assitants except Burns are out of contract at the end of this season... Not saying that we won't resign them all, but if this is true we certainly have some flexibility.

I was very excited to have the opportunity that saw Paul Roos coach us but it looks like he may go to Brisbane.

I think Woosha needs a break, as much as I love Woosh I've been extremely frustrated with him all year. Maybe it's time for Woosha to take a break and leave on good terms and come back in a few years if we need him too. It's almost as if his love for the game has turned into something else.

despite some injuries, with the cattle we have there's few excuses for the way we started this season. i guess you can either argue that the buck stops with the coach or the players (or somewhere in between).

Remove this Banner Ad

Woosha

Remove this Banner Ad

Back