Woosha

Remove this Banner Ad

Who do you think our A Graders are? I reckon Glass, Cox, Kerr although last two may have their best days behind them. Hurn I think is pretty close, Lecras has had a tough year but I think he is A Grade. Kennedy and Darling are both A Grade. Nic nat is arguable but many will say he is. Wellingham is an A grade player but not seen it with us yet. Next year hopefully.
Potentially Shuey could be, Mckenzie could be. Gaff Could be, Hard to judge some of the 0-20 game players as yet.
What do you think mate?

Yep I agree Glass, Cox, Kerr were A graders. Glass is the best in form and least injuries nowadays but not sure if he is rated A grade by all footy fans. I always seem to cop flack when I mention him to non eagles fans, you get the "he's overrated" comments. I think hes still an A grade defender.

LeCras was out for a year and now slow coming back from injury but him and Natanui when in form are A graders. Darling and Kennedy are A graders (Darling sneaks in but hes quality and will be next year if hes not already there).

I think Masten (comes in to B+ on this years form), Hurn, S. Selwood, Shuey are B+ graders ;)

Gaff, McKenzie (gets better and better will be B+ next year), Wellingham, Waters (only cos of his injuries otherwise B+) are B's

So the glaring omission there is no A grade midfielders we need 2 in the side.

I'll stick my nose in here.

In 2005 / 2006, alot of your "average" ( C+ to B ) players stepped up and played like B+ - A grade players. In 2013, are any of your "average" players busting their guts to move up the gradings ?.

Using Freo as an example. Up to 2012, alot of "average" players continued at the same level year after year, result that Freo didn't go anywhere. Now from 2012 onwards, in alot of ways the "average" Freo players are doing what the similar Eagles players did in 2005 / 2006.

Have the Eagles both on and off the field, gone too conservative ?. Footy is now a business, you have to be cutthroat operator.

Freo across the board are very even, a lot more than our side and with how your coached things are looking good for you guys, I wouldnt worry! Fyfe is an absolute gun though

I know none of our business, but I have it on VERY good authority that Wooshas wife has said to him its the club or her.
Wow haven't heard that one.

I guess we'll see Woosh again then? :p

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk 2

I know none of our business, but I have it on VERY good authority that Wooshas wife has said to him its the club or her.

There are a few on the "roumors and scandles" board saying the same.

It's strange though, how much time does he spend coaching? Maybe the restructuring that he wants to present to the club is to get another experienced coach in (all our assistance are pretty raw) to reduce his time and delegate a bit?

There are a few on the "roumors and scandles" board saying the same.

It's strange though, how much time does he spend coaching? Maybe the restructuring that he wants to present to the club is to get another experienced coach in (all our assistance are pretty raw) to reduce his time and delegate a bit?

I would love us to pinch an experienced assistant too as you said they all raw and only coached at WCE in the AFL level.

Potential coaching options other than worsfold

Experienced coaches :

Paul Roos
Rodney Eade
Mark Williams
Dean Laidley

Untried assistants :

Peter Sumich
Scott Burns
Adam Simpson
John Blakely
Alan Richardson

Don't think anyone would argue that Roos wasn't an upgrade but he doesnt want to coach or so he says

Since he is seemingly unavailable who from the above list would be better than worsfold or is there someone else I've missed.

What is certain though if worsfold does stay on is that the coaching panel needs rejuvenation - so who goes instead and who do we replace them with/add to the coaching panel

Woosha will stay and hes the best option. Clarko is a star, but Woosha is his equal.

This from the Sunday Times ,

WCE coaching staff with the exception of Scott Burns are unsigned at the end of this season , meaning Teague , Walsh , Longmuir contracts are up for negotiation . WCE are understood to be targeting former Claremont Premiership and Claremont Colts Coach Simon McPhee as a development coach .

Mcphee would be a good acquisition , STK are certainly doing it tough at the moment and a move back West would certainly help McPhee .

Mcphee would be a good acquisition , STK are certainly doing it tough at the moment and a move back West would certainly help McPhee .

McPhee was very good at developing the kids at Claremont and I agree he would be a good get. However my understanding is that his wife is Victorian and that was part of the reason the family headed East. Having said that you would think that West Coast would have a lot more coin to offer McPhee and often money talks.

I read the article in the Sunday times whilst a bit of a fluff piece the alarm bells went off when I read these comments from Worsfold answering the question if he needs an injection of new talent ...the reply " I don't think so, no. The No 1 thing we've got to do is have the durability of our players so that they're out there playing. "

So translation we ( in his mind ) are going with the shitty second rate midfield that we have put on the park this year.......uuummmmm....... The first part of solving a problem is admitting you have one.:confused:

So it doesn't bode well for next season .:(

I read the article in the Sunday times whilst a bit of a fluff piece the alarm bells went off when I read these comments from Worsfold answering the question if he needs an injection of new talent ...the reply " I don't think so, no. The No 1 thing we've got to do is have the durability of our players so that they're out there playing. "

So translation we ( in his mind ) are going with the shitty second rate midfield that we have put on the park this year.......uuummmmm....... The first part of solving a problem is admitting you have one.:confused:

So it doesn't bode well for next season .:(

To be determined. What a coach says in the press doesn't necessarily reflect the truth.

Wait and see what happens during trade week and the draft before making judgements. Even then, it also depends on who is available and at what cost.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

time to go worsfold.

your lack of emotion or concern or passion is disturbing. youre done.

and if the board passionately still want him to be here next year they should ****en go too.
Amen

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk 2

You've had a wonderful career at this club obviously. Two time Premiership Captain and one time Premiership coach but the time is now for you to bow out.

The club needs someone new to guide the club forward, you've had two chances already to rebuild the squad but a third just isn't in you. Make a decision for the clubs future and bow out with grace.

It is so depressing that I know Worsfold will be coaching next year.
And along with that thought will be the same players like Butler and Priddis going around in circles getting nowhere again and we might finish 6th or 7th and nothing will change.

:thumbsdown:

All the while while the Eagles waste away our forward line.

Remove this Banner Ad

Woosha

Remove this Banner Ad

Back