World Cup - South Africa

Remove this Banner Ad

Question if no ones asked this before but are the battle of the nation points separate on the PS3 and the 360 or are they combined to give one total. If they are separate, it's a fair job for Australia to be leading both PS3 and the 360.

jsut had a game against niger (im wales), lost 1-0. guttered! i dominated play, had 16 shots to 4. 7 of mine were on target, he couldnt get the ball for the 1st 60mins then bam, 1 half decent chance, slots is home.:mad: i pile on the pressure in the last 30mins but for no reward! now 1 win, 1 loss from my 2 group stage games... just looking at the table 3 teams have 3 points so my next match is a must win here.

Question if no ones asked this before but are the battle of the nation points separate on the PS3 and the 360 or are they combined to give one total. If they are separate, it's a fair job for Australia to be leading both PS3 and the 360.
Believe so. At one point the Aussies were 2nd on the 360's side while the Aussies have been 1st on the PS3 side for as long as I've had the game. Definitely a great effort, just hope the Aussies don't get taken over by the Mehicano's!!!

Believe so. At one point the Aussies were 2nd on the 360's side while the Aussies have been 1st on the PS3 side for as long as I've had the game. Definitely a great effort, just hope the Aussies don't get taken over by the Mehicano's!!!
When does BOTN end? I thought it ended when the WC finished.

When does BOTN end? I thought it ended when the WC finished.
No idea, I reckon since it's still going it will just continue to run.

There's probably something up on EA's website but I don't really feel like snooping around right now.:p

No idea, I reckon since it's still going it will just continue to run.

There's probably something up on EA's website but I don't really feel like snooping around right now.:p
Somebody else will do it.........

Hmm, I have a feeling they've stopped the Online World Cup stat recording now.

It hasn't counted my 3rd cup win and now it doesn't seem to be adding anything to the tally overall either. My games played has stayed at 60 despite playing in another 2 qualifier's now and it's not even keeping track of any stats.

On my last qualifier though I managed an amazing win against the side that everybody hates to go as...Spain...was down 0-3 at the 49th minute mark and the horrendous lag was absolutely tearing me apart, 3 goals scored against that would've easily been stopped had the lag been just a bit less. But I kept going and managed to get the next goal when the guy tried to be a smart arse bringing his keeper out with the ball. Then I got a penalty a few minutes later which I converted, had another penalty shot too not long after which missed due to the lag. Then I got another hard worked for goal a bit later on from a superb shot by Lampard. Then into injury time I managed to get another goal to give me a 4-3 win in an amazing comeback that I would call probably the 2nd or 3rd worst lagged match I've played in. Stoked to win, but boy it was frustrating.

And now I got a 3 bar game. You win FIFA in confusing the **** out of me...:confused:

EDIT: Now after that last 3 bar game (which I won 3-1) it's updated the stats and my win/draw/loss stats. Strange.

I really can't believe we won, I didn't play against an the Australian team once, good job anyway :thumbsu:

has anyone else noticed how often the referees get in the way in this game?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I really can't believe we won, I didn't play against an the Australian team once, good job anyway :thumbsu:
It's not about playing AS the Aussies. It's who you select as your country of origin when you start the entire Online World Cup.

You can play as any team from the worst to the best and it still counts towards Australia's stats because that is who you selected as your country of origin. As someone mentioned earlier the reason why Australia most likely won was because a lot of Aussies select the lower ranked sides and therefore get more points given from that.

It's not about playing AS the Aussies. It's who you select as your country of origin when you start the entire Online World Cup.

You can play as any team from the worst to the best and it still counts towards Australia's stats because that is who you selected as your country of origin. As someone mentioned earlier the reason why Australia most likely won was because a lot of Aussies select the lower ranked sides and therefore get more points given from that.
Is it weighted though? There would be thousands more in countries from Europe and America playing than Australia and I really couldn't see the Aussies being top.

Is it weighted though? There would be thousands more in countries from Europe and America playing than Australia and I really couldn't see the Aussies being top.
Had very low sales in America so there'd be likely more Aussies who've bought the game than Americans.

But basically the lower the rating the team you play as the more points you get per win (towards the BOTN, not anything in the actual competitions) and it would just seem that the Aussies select the lower rated teams and are still able to win through a lot because we have a lot of very good players (like me:cool:).

I don't think it's weighted as to X amount of Aussies compared to X amount of Mexicans, Spanish or whatever and then averaged out through that. Then again as far as I know there's no score system I have seen (as in how many points go to the overall BOTN for a win, etc.).

Would just seem that we have a lot of players who played it a lot and using the lower rated teams were able to win more overall and get more points.

My guess is a lot of Aussies pick Australia, which is rated very lowly in the game (out of the 32 finalists at least).

I noticed that Wales was coming third a few weeks ago.

Just had my easiest qualifying ever, was also a fairly strange one too.

First match was 11-4. After conceeding the first goal 2 minutes in I banged one back almost instantly, then from the kick off we both pretty much scored another 2 each to level it at 3-3, then I got a 4th and I think the guy just dropped off a bit. He didn't stop playing or started getting OG's but it did become a lot easier (could've just been I started playing properly after having my mind wander a bit for the first few goals). Gave him a late goal when I was stuffing around with it.

Second match was a 3-1 win against Spain that was a REALLY tight contest until the 74th minute when I broke through for the first goal. Was such a tight contest up until that point where nobody was really getting anything in terms of opportunities and the ball for the most part was just rebounding back and forth between midfielders and defenders. Then once I got the first goal the floodgates opened and I got the next, he got 1 and then I got another to seal it.

The last match was a 7-0 drubbing where I knew the other guy had terrible lag, but what can I do about it when it's running smoothly for me? I could see him having the same issues I do when it's lagged (receiving the ball and having delayed reactions and the players seeming to clunk the ball instead of lighter touches).

Ended up qualifying with 3 wins and a score of 22 goals for 5 against.:D

For some reason though I am still yet to get the silver trophy "Undefeated Group Stage - Win all three group games and advance to the knockout stage in the Online FIFA World Cup". No idea why but it's annoying as I've gone through 3 of my last 4 qualifying rounds with all wins.:(

Just had my easiest qualifying ever, was also a fairly strange one too.

First match was 11-4. After conceeding the first goal 2 minutes in I banged one back almost instantly, then from the kick off we both pretty much scored another 2 each to level it at 3-3, then I got a 4th and I think the guy just dropped off a bit. He didn't stop playing or started getting OG's but it did become a lot easier (could've just been I started playing properly after having my mind wander a bit for the first few goals). Gave him a late goal when I was stuffing around with it.

Second match was a 3-1 win against Spain that was a REALLY tight contest until the 74th minute when I broke through for the first goal. Was such a tight contest up until that point where nobody was really getting anything in terms of opportunities and the ball for the most part was just rebounding back and forth between midfielders and defenders. Then once I got the first goal the floodgates opened and I got the next, he got 1 and then I got another to seal it.

The last match was a 7-0 drubbing where I knew the other guy had terrible lag, but what can I do about it when it's running smoothly for me? I could see him having the same issues I do when it's lagged (receiving the ball and having delayed reactions and the players seeming to clunk the ball instead of lighter touches).

Ended up qualifying with 3 wins and a score of 22 goals for 5 against.:D

For some reason though I am still yet to get the silver trophy "Undefeated Group Stage - Win all three group games and advance to the knockout stage in the Online FIFA World Cup". No idea why but it's annoying as I've gone through 3 of my last 4 qualifying rounds with all wins.:(
Yeah, I never got a trophy for winning the offline world cup, dodgy as.

Australia is VERY close to being taken over by Mexico on the PS3 side of things now. The score is Australia's 10,440,386 to Mexico's 10,308,685. Would seem to be only a matter of days until Mexico are no.1, at least the Aussies won when it mattered.:D:cool:

Remove this Banner Ad

World Cup - South Africa

Remove this Banner Ad

Back