World Cup - South Africa

Remove this Banner Ad

Is this worth getting??
Considering that I will buy Fifa 11 when in comes out in like 3 or so months.
This is what I said earlier in the thread (edited slightly:p):
IMO Yes. Only $39 at Dick Smith currently and it's absolutely worth buying. Online World Cup is very fun when you get minimal lag and going through the full World Cup qualifying is a great experience.

FIFA 11 will be out later this year so if you'd rather have all the teams from leagues around the world and 30 odd national teams then go for that over World Cup which has all 199 national competing teams, but only national teams.
It comes down to your preference, as D_K said FIFA 11 offers the overall package of national teams plus all different league teams. While WC does offer only the national teams.

I still see a lot in this for another 3 months especially at the price.

I'll also be getting FIFA 11 when it's out, trading FIFA 10 in.

I AM A WORLD CHAMPION!!!!!!!!:D:D:D

Drew Togo in the final, so I had a feeling I'd get a fair challenge, but at the end of the day the quality of my forwards outweighed any talent he had (and he definitely was a good player).

Got out to an early lead at the 16th minute mark, but straight away he hit back and had a goal at the 18th. Again I got another goal at the 23rd and just like he had before he got another straight away at the 25th. Half Time we went in 2-2, was 50%-50% possession wise. But from then on I dominated, ended up with 53% possession to 47% and just dictated play. Scored my 3rd at the 66th minute then banged home 2 more at the 81st and 86th minutes. Knew I was home once I had the 4th.

Basically I played as well as I could've. Everything was coming off beautifully, passes hit almost everytime (84% passing), I was changing up my style going forward constantly and it was all working, plus I was deadly on goal (15 shots, 14 on target, 5 goals from that).

Would've scored a couple more goals if not for a couple of dogs act tackles right on the last line...one of which got a yellow and the other just a warning. **** that's annoying, absolute blatant fouls like that deserve AT LEAST a yellow.

5-2 the final scoreline and finally get the World Cup win next to my name.:D

Very, very happy to finally get a World Cup win and to do it the night before the actual World Cup makes it even better. And to think it came when the guy who I was losing to had his connection drop.:eek::D

Am now ranked 14,061 in the world and 225th in Australia. Out of 45 Online World Cup games played I have 22 wins, 6 draws and 17 losses. Also scored 104 goals and had 88 scored against.:p

Also forgot to post before that I lost that game 3-1, but at half time the score was 1-1, I had a shot early, and it went in, but a defender kicked it out again, no goal was payed, but it clearly went in.. WTF!!!!??????????

I AM A WORLD CHAMPION!!!!!!!!:D:D:D

Drew Togo in the final, so I had a feeling I'd get a fair challenge, but at the end of the day the quality of my forwards outweighed any talent he had (and he definitely was a good player).

Got out to an early lead at the 16th minute mark, but straight away he hit back and had a goal at the 18th. Again I got another goal at the 23rd and just like he had before he got another straight away at the 25th. Half Time we went in 2-2, was 50%-50% possession wise. But from then on I dominated, ended up with 53% possession to 47% and just dictated play. Scored my 3rd at the 66th minute then banged home 2 more at the 81st and 86th minutes. Knew I was home once I had the 4th.

Basically I played as well as I could've. Everything was coming off beautifully, passes hit almost everytime (84% passing), I was changing up my style going forward constantly and it was all working, plus I was deadly on goal (15 shots, 14 on target, 5 goals from that).

Would've scored a couple more goals if not for a couple of dogs act tackles right on the last line...one of which got a yellow and the other just a warning. **** that's annoying, absolute blatant fouls like that deserve AT LEAST a yellow.

5-2 the final scoreline and finally get the World Cup win next to my name.:D

Very, very happy to finally get a World Cup win and to do it the night before the actual World Cup makes it even better. And to think it came when the guy who I was losing to had his connection drop.:eek::D

Am now ranked 14,061 in the world and 225th in Australia. Out of 45 Online World Cup games played I have 22 wins, 6 draws and 17 losses. Also scored 104 goals and had 88 scored against.:p

congrats mate:thumbsu: sounds like a well deserved win.

the feeling of 1 is great. but 2 would be even better...

congrats mate:thumbsu: sounds like a well deserved win.

the feeling of 1 is great. but 2 would be even better...
haha so would 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9 and 10.:D

But I'm gonna play the cliche footy angle and just "take it one World Cup win at a time".:D:cool:

Just won the online World Cup with Brazil!! 1-0 against Cote D'Ivoire (scored in the 118th minute, he was also down to 9 men)

Progressed through the group stage by 1 point. The run in from there went like this:
Round of 16: 3-0
Qtr final: 5-0 (whilst I was down to 9 men)
Semi: 5-5 and won on penalties in an epic match,i was down to 9 men again since about the 60th minute
Final: 1-0 with the goal coming in the 118th minute

Just won my 2nd World Cup!:D

Was a pretty breezy campaign really. Had Andorra first up and embarrassingly drew 1-1 with them despite dominating play (although lag was poor, very jittery game) I couldn't believe how many chances I stuffed up and then I let in a VERY easy goal down the other end. Then I dominated the next match against Australia and won that 5-1 then won a relatively close last qualifier 3-2 against Kenya (although I was 3-1 for a fair while and he got the 2nd goal at the 87th minute, so I was never really in trouble). Really pissed off I didn't get that win against Andorra as I would've got the trophy for winning all 3 matches and it was probably the best chance I got as the teams were all very average.:(

Then in the round of 16 I smashed Spain after being a tight contest early on (so hard to stop Torres) and working out how the guy played - he would run in 90% of the time and just try and pass inwards to Torres, picked up on it early and cut it out quickly - won that 5-2. Then I played in a VERY tight match against the Dutch which I won 1-0 (it stands as a 3-0 win though as he quit right when the final whistle was blown...obviously couldn't wait that whole 4 seconds to quit the match properly:rolleyes:). I got a goal in the opening minutes and while I still had a few shots after that I mainly had to go on the backfoot and defend a lot, he had a few chances but I felt it was my best defensive display yet (where I am usually very fickle when pressured). After that it was another fairly easy win against Germany, who I don't think I've really been challenged by once when someone has gone them, won that 3-0.

Then comes the final. Against Portugal, get a goal within the first 3 minutes and then quickly fire another one about 3 minutes later...the guy then quits and gives me the 3-0 win!:D:D:D No doubt about it though I was going to win that match, it was all working well and there was no lag.

I don't get why you would quit in the last match of the tournament, worse thing that happens is you get pumped and go home with your tail between your legs or you manage a comeback win or a very tight loss (which is always possible in this game). Just don't understand the logic at all in quitting in the Final, especially so early on (was literally 10 minutes in, if that).

Am now ranked 7,629th in the world (down from 14,061) and 125th in Australia (down from 225th, am behind by a good 20 cups from the leader though). Have increased my W/D/L tally to 28 wins, 7 draws and 17 losses from 52 games. Goal tally is 127 For, 94 Against (so 23 goals For and 6 Against for that World Cup tournament, though 3 were added on from quitters).

Will try for the 3rd tomorrow.:D

playing in the quarter final before and some guy got up 4-3 with uraguay (i was south africa) at the 75th minute. he then proceeded to play possession for the next 15 mins of the game much to my frustration as the lag meant that changing players quick enough and pressuring the ball carrier was impossible... sent him a fairly abusive message to let him know my thoughts on this gutless act

haha classic, did he respond would like to here the follow up if he did:thumbsu:

Just won my 2nd World Cup!:D

Was a pretty breezy campaign really. Had Andorra first up and embarrassingly drew 1-1 with them despite dominating play (although lag was poor, very jittery game) I couldn't believe how many chances I stuffed up and then I let in a VERY easy goal down the other end. Then I dominated the next match against Australia and won that 5-1 then won a relatively close last qualifier 3-2 against Kenya (although I was 3-1 for a fair while and he got the 2nd goal at the 87th minute, so I was never really in trouble). Really pissed off I didn't get that win against Andorra as I would've got the trophy for winning all 3 matches and it was probably the best chance I got as the teams were all very average.:(

Then in the round of 16 I smashed Spain after being a tight contest early on (so hard to stop Torres) and working out how the guy played - he would run in 90% of the time and just try and pass inwards to Torres, picked up on it early and cut it out quickly - won that 5-2. Then I played in a VERY tight match against the Dutch which I won 1-0 (it stands as a 3-0 win though as he quit right when the final whistle was blown...obviously couldn't wait that whole 4 seconds to quit the match properly:rolleyes:). I got a goal in the opening minutes and while I still had a few shots after that I mainly had to go on the backfoot and defend a lot, he had a few chances but I felt it was my best defensive display yet (where I am usually very fickle when pressured). After that it was another fairly easy win against Germany, who I don't think I've really been challenged by once when someone has gone them, won that 3-0.

Then comes the final. Against Portugal, get a goal within the first 3 minutes and then quickly fire another one about 3 minutes later...the guy then quits and gives me the 3-0 win!:D:D:D No doubt about it though I was going to win that match, it was all working well and there was no lag.

I don't get why you would quit in the last match of the tournament, worse thing that happens is you get pumped and go home with your tail between your legs or you manage a comeback win or a very tight loss (which is always possible in this game). Just don't understand the logic at all in quitting in the Final, especially so early on (was literally 10 minutes in, if that).

Am now ranked 7,629th in the world (down from 14,061) and 125th in Australia (down from 225th, am behind by a good 20 cups from the leader though). Have increased my W/D/L tally to 28 wins, 7 draws and 17 losses from 52 games. Goal tally is 127 For, 94 Against (so 23 goals For and 6 Against for that World Cup tournament, though 3 were added on from quitters).

Will try for the 3rd tomorrow.:D
Good effort man, the best I've done now is the Quarter-Finals, so I hope and think that all the beasts at this game have moved on.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

i cant get anything other than red bar connections for online world cup

i have shit internet - but even when my internet is stable and good i still cant get a non laggy game

shame - cos the format is pretty awesome

sticking to captain your country mode
Yeah it's VERY hard to play with a laggy connection. Surprisingly apart from Aussies I get the best connection games against US and Canadians.

Sometimes I quit at the matchmaking screen if all I see is the red bar, but others I just give it a go. It's very much pot luck as to whether you get a good connection or not and generally when I get a good connection I win games.

All through my 2nd world cup winning campaign I had just the 1 really lagged out game (which was the 1-1 draw against Andorra:eek:). But a couple of them were yellow bars and one was against an Aussie (the Australian match...obviously).
Well done HBK ;)
Were some good games. That last match was frustrating, I had so many chances and couldn't score. Lucky I got that wicked goal from Kuyt early on.:thumbsu:

kuyt

John%20Matushak_Sloth.jpg

=. That last match was frustrating, I had so many chances and couldn't score. Lucky I got that wicked goal from Kuyt early on.:thumbsu:

Yeah was a frustrating last match. I just kept falling down in my forward third as well. Had a few good chances late, just couldnt get through. Same with the Nigeria Australia match. Thought I had a late equaliser there haha.

Yeah was a frustrating last match. I just kept falling down in my forward third as well. Had a few good chances late, just couldnt get through. Same with the Nigeria Australia match. Thought I had a late equaliser there haha.
Yeah the 2nd match was really open, we both had around 10 chances each to grab goals. Probably lucky to get away with a win there TBH.

Started yet another World Cup, I won the first game 2-0, in the second game I worked my way to being up 2-0 at the 12 minute mark, and after that, the other team kicked it off, lobbed it to the keeper and scored an own goal, first I thought it was funny, then it got boring, one time he accidentally gave me a corner, so I just kicked the ball to my defence and passed it around instead, the annoying thing was, the player didn't put any pressure on me, instead he tried to slide tackle any player he could find, 5 red cards later, the score was 32-0, but then because he had 5 red cards he had to forfeit, so I only won 3-0

A win was a win though I guess, finally in the last game I played England, I got 1-0 up early and he tried to do the exact same with the tripping/red card thing, he was at 4 at half time, with the score 2-1. 7 men where simple to play against, I could just run through their defence and pass, although I kept getting called offside, end score being 4-1.

Might play the Quarter Finals later..

God I ****ing hate w***ers who are Spain. I just lost to a tosser in the Round of 16. I absolutely dominated, hit the woodwork a number of times and the only way he could score was a through ball to Torres who out ran my defence with ease.

How do people stop this from happening? A deep back 4 or what? The AI is ****ing dumb as shit at times so I can't exactly rely on the defenders defending, that is just ridiculous.

Also I hope they sort the refs out next game, they are a disgrace at times. I was through on goal and got hacked down by Puyol, probably not a red but definitely a yellow... oh the ref doesn't show a card. I then proceeded to hit the crossbar from the freekick just to make things worse, oh and I had Rooney injured after 10mins which didn't help.

Also I hope they sort the refs out next game, they are a disgrace at times. I was through on goal and got hacked down by Puyol, probably not a red but definitely a yellow... oh the ref doesn't show a card. I then proceeded to hit the crossbar from the freekick just to make things worse, oh and I had Rooney injured after 10mins which didn't help.
When theres a penalty there isnt even a card sometimes

God I ****ing hate w***ers who are Spain. I just lost to a tosser in the Round of 16. I absolutely dominated, hit the woodwork a number of times and the only way he could score was a through ball to Torres who out ran my defence with ease.

How do people stop this from happening? A deep back 4 or what? The AI is ****ing dumb as shit at times so I can't exactly rely on the defenders defending, that is just ridiculous.
It's VERY hard to stop Torres. The only thing I can recommend is either chuck a pacey midfielder back to match the pace of Torres or just try and break off and intercept the through ball. Could even try the 'Man Marking' thing in the team management section, I'm not 100% sure how it works but it might help to double or triple team Torres.

Torres is crazy good in this game (which sucks as he had a deplorable WC campaign) he is by far the hardest player to stop, I try and injure him.:D

Remove this Banner Ad

World Cup - South Africa

Remove this Banner Ad

Back