World Cup - South Africa

Remove this Banner Ad

Gotta love how every clearance, even without looking or knowing, lands at the feet of their players (e.g Versing Brazil, Brazil defender clears, lands straight to midfielders feet). Sensational indeed cough cough.

btw free kicks have gotten 100 times harder and its so hard to judge it now - good in a way but sometimes i put halfway and it doesnt make it, then i put more than halfway and it goes way over.

complaint number 4030: made rooney pass me open net and my player (good stats), just touches it right at the keeper when i directed it in the corner and put a good amount of power on it. Oh and Rooney is horrible, he has missed at least 10 easy goals this tournament.

Oh and why do they always try to put the most ******ed crosses in the box when its like a 4 v 1 to a midget and when you have 2 or 3 players near you that they could pass too. Oh and you should be able to change the lineup. Gerrard is LAM and has no left foot, Lennon is RAM and is pathetic, rather have Capello on the field crossing it in. Lampard is DM and can't add anything either. Oh and under no pressure they run it out countless times. Thats it. For now.
no not it

BECKHAM IS A ****ING IDIOT. He tries the most insanely ******ed ball when its 117th min against Brazil , tries to do a long ball that just goes out easily, seriously ******ed so many players around him asking for it. Im glad he is injured the wank. NOW GERRARD TRIED TO ****ING PLAY ON WHEN I WON A FREE KICK AND KICKED IT TO THEM! ffs they are so ****ing stupid.

Lost on penalties....took the losing kick but I got it in the green....pressed left (not that long) held b for about a third of it, maybe a bit less...and he chipped it over the bar? Explain that. Btw it was a frustratingly crazy game in which some reason every shot i had was as weak as piss, but it was also damn awesome, the computer kept Brazil in it though.

One more thing: The positioning/rating thing has GOT to go. Sure it teaches you to play that position but when you are defending a lead, surely you gotta come back a bit more and help out? I think if I helped out they wouldn't have scored in the 90th min (bit selfish for the rating but I want Golden ball). It was mainly Terry's fat ass though, it was missing and it deflected off his ass - it was so annoying yet still so good how that is quite realistic. Green fail and Terry fail = ultra realism.

Jesus christ, not again. Another fail thing in this game - advantage. I won a free kick and was in a prime spot to take it, but they decided to play on ******edly and did NOTHING at all with it - ****ing spuds.

The only down side I have noticed is you can not create any players in the game, apart from Captain your country. Even then in Captain your country I found it disappointing how you can't select your own attributes. I like to select my attributes down to the finest detail (I am not sure if there is a code for this?)

Its not like I was going to make myself really good I just perfer being worse than the usual 58 - 68 rating the computer gives you. Rather have a rating of 35ish for a more reality based game and build myself up to around to the 60ish mark while playing in the finals. Other than that I think I need to start doing the challenge modes now the celebrations are awesome even when you score a goal when you are running you can do all 4 of the basic ones and finish off with an advanced celebration (just to piss off the other bloke playing if you are doing multi player :D)

One more thing: The positioning/rating thing has GOT to go. Sure it teaches you to play that position but when you are defending a lead, surely you gotta come back a bit more and help out?

Lol. Funny post. Wasn't sure whether you loved the game or hated it.

I turn the indicators for be a pro/CYC off (not the threat one though, thats handy) and play off instincts just aiming to win. I find I can consciously know if i'm playing well and it stops me just looking at the bar pedantically.

Also stops me just calling for the ball with no common sense for a boost...:D

The only down side I have noticed is you can not create any players in the game, apart from Captain your country. Even then in Captain your country I found it disappointing how you can't select your own attributes. I like to select my attributes down to the finest detail (I am not sure if there is a code for this?)

Its not like I was going to make myself really good I just perfer being worse than the usual 58 - 68 rating the computer gives you. Rather have a rating of 35ish for a more reality based game and build myself up to around to the 60ish mark while playing in the finals. Other than that I think I need to start doing the challenge modes now the celebrations are awesome even when you score a goal when you are running you can do all 4 of the basic ones and finish off with an advanced celebration (just to piss off the other bloke playing if you are doing multi player :D)

Yeah agree you should start lower. You do go up in the finals, but I am at about 85 now in the quarter final (just scored so probably semi) Makes you seem like this player from nowhere rise through the ranks, like a "Goal the movie" type scenario.

OK they scored 2 seconds later, forgot to take ultra offensive down.

Yeah you are pretty much the best in the world towards the end. I ended up getting rating to 88 in the semi final. I was so pissed as It was my second yellow in the finals during the semi's and I knew I was going to miss the finals.

All that waste of time friendlys, B-internationals, Qualifiers, WC finals and you miss the WC final due to suspenion it was annoying as I was practically the only reason Australia got there. They ended up going down 2-1 to spain in the final and I missed all the celebrations of what would have been a close WC win

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Fair enough. I will direct them to the same place where you give useless irrelevant information to the thread.

95% of users here have given glowing praise on the game, then there is you with massive rants on why England aren't winning the World Cup.

Maybe play against England and see if it's the same deal?

Yeah I admit most of the shit I said was just out of pure frustration, but it's just what I have experienced with the game. Funnily enough you said that about England, Lennon is top scorer in the competition at the moment (I am playing as Australia now). I think CYC is not much improvement on be a pro mode, just a few bugs regarding to ranking system with ratings and all, but in the final there are a few fun things that would be nice being captain, might try it as Australia.

As frustrated as I get the game is still pretty good, can't wait to hit up the 2006 and later on, 2010 scenarios.

Haha loving the game, just thumped Iraq 6-0 in a qualifier, how awesome is the celebration where you just fall to the ground, like you've been shot.

Absolutely loving it. Picked it up this arvo and has soccer training and shit so haven't quite had a real good run with it yet. Started with Australia in the Quals andfFirst match away to S. Korea lost 2-0. Was an awesome way to start the game off TBH. Really showed how it will be tough and gruelly, then smashed Qatar 4-0 at home.

About 6 games in and loving it, so much better than Fifa 10.

Got the game last night unsure on a couple of things.

In CYC how does multiplayer work?

And does the altitude thing playing away really work. If so what countries play at high altitude

I always try and do different celebrations yet it always end up being that one, it is a comical celebration though. Especially if you run towards the crowd and then drop dead.

Haha i did it tonight after running into the post it looks F***ing hilarious

I just beat Spain in the Round of 16 in the Online World Cup. I went up 1-0 about half way through the first half only for the ball to tumble out of Schwarzer's hands and Torres levelling it at 1-1 in the second half.

We went to extra time and McDonald put it in the back of the net in the 103 minute. Held on until the end just. It was actually a pretty exciting match, I thought I had no chance when I saw the person I was playing was Spain.

Remove this Banner Ad

World Cup - South Africa

Remove this Banner Ad

Back