World Cup - South Africa

Remove this Banner Ad

I just beat Spain in the Round of 16 in the Online World Cup. I went up 1-0 about half way through the first half only for the ball to tumble out of Schwarzer's hands and Torres levelling it at 1-1 in the second half.

We went to extra time and McDonald put it in the back of the net in the 103 minute. Held on until the end just. It was actually a pretty exciting match, I thought I had no chance when I saw the person I was playing was Spain.
McDonald scored? Pics or it didn't happen.

Been playing this a fair bit. I like how they have the old Australian shirt in the qualifiers then the new one in the World Cup finals, little things like that a pretty nice.
Have done enough of the scenarios to unlock the World Cup 2006 ones, disppointed they didn't have Australia v Italy as one of the ones to choose from. There is one of Australia, but you don't get to play as them.

I love how you can watch the groups for the cup finals get drawn.

I was sweating getting drawn into a group with Argentina and England but managed to escape it and end up in the group of life with Honduras, Croatia and Poland.

From memory the opponents in the next group are pretty easy as well so I should be able to go deep into the knock out stages.

Just love the online world cup...

i am managing to score around 3 per game... but the Australian defence is leaky as hell ... Rhys Williams seem to be repairing the damage...

Cahill and McDonald just scoring for fun.

Got pretty pissed off last night when i was 2-1 up in extra time of semi-final against Spain when the game froze... when i re-entered.. i was given a 3-0 default loss :(

p.s.: it seems that i have to play Brazil+England+Spain in every world cup

I noticed in replays you can upload and take screenshots of your replay but wanted to know where you can watch others that have been uploaded?
easportsfootball.com is the website they get uploaded to. You can sign in using your PSN/XBL details IIRC and check out your profile which has the vids and pics there. And you can also view other people's from there as well.

Why can't you just save replays offline/why is their a limit. Maybe an online upload limit and then just use your HD for the rest. I would prefer to watch it on the xbox and show mates, not fussed showing the world (which is probably 5 people).

Anyone reach the mightly 10k points yet?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Just love the online world cup...

i am managing to score around 3 per game... but the Australian defence is leaky as hell ... Rhys Williams seem to be repairing the damage...

Cahill and McDonald just scoring for fun.

Got pretty pissed off last night when i was 2-1 up in extra time of semi-final against Spain when the game froze... when i re-entered.. i was given a 3-0 default loss :(

p.s.: it seems that i have to play Brazil+England+Spain in every world cup

What is the deal with this? Haven't had a crack yet but do you choose a country then get paired with others around the world who have chosen Brazil, England etc and then play a world cup tourney?

freofan... I am only halfway to 10k so far.

What is the deal with this? Haven't had a crack yet but do you choose a country then get paired with others around the world who have chosen Brazil, England etc and then play a world cup tourney?

basically, you choose a country and gets put into the group stage...

in the group stage, you'll play 3 other user-controlled teams from wherever (randomly chosen for you)

Once you get enough points from your games (note: the matches played between the other user-controlled teams are simulated), you go through to the round of 16. Conversely, if you dont end up in the top 2 of your group, it's game over.

In the round of 16, you meet other user-controlled players who have also made past their group stage. Winner goes through and loser goes out.

The same applies for the quarters, semis, final...

This means that the further you go in the tournament, the players you meet would be stronger players who have also made past the same stages as you.

Given the people's love of football powers, it's inevitable that you'll face a Brazil, England and a Spain during your tournament.

From experience, the stronger users tend to use medium level teams (eg Ivory Coast, Serbia, Mexico(!)).

Sounds pretty good, will have to give that a crack at some stage. Algeria are leading the online world cup somehow!

Last night I played co-op with a mate, started a World Cup with Wales. Beat Italy 1-0, lost to Australia 0-2 so it went to the last game with all teams on 3 points. We beat USA 1-0 and Italy crushed Australia 4-1. This means both Italy and Wales finish with 6 points and progress, correct? Nope. Wrong.

For some stupid ****ing reason it said we had been eliminated! My mate was quick to say no to the simulation so I didn't get to see whether the Aussies or the US qualified.

Anyone encountered this before?

Got this game last week loving it so far shits all over FIFA 10 for mine. My biggest issue in the game is they have made Spain and England too overpowering in this game not too mention you cant do an online world cup without playing one of these two sides at least 3 or 4 times.

Started my own Australian World Cup campaign.

New fixtures for asian qualifying, didnt lose a game drew with Iraq 2-2 in the 2nd stage of qualifying. Probably a bit too easy (would like it if you could sim some qualifying games). Remarkable 3-2 win away to S.Korea in the 3rd stage, 0-2 down with 80 on the clock Timmy and Bresciano level. Kewell side tackles the pass after the restart well into injury time n slots it home!!!

At the World Cup drawn with Argentina, Czech Republic & N.Korea (glitch??). First up beat Argentina 2-0, first 5mins it looked like I was in trouble but controlled them after that. Smashed Korea 2-0, could of been 4 or 5 but I started looking for the Wenger goal. Guarenteed top spot gave some squad players a run and drew 0-0 with the Czechs. Unlucky to draw Holland in the 2nd round, they somehow got done by Russia in their group. Cant wait to get home!!!!!

Well can't believe it, i qualify for the World Cup with Australia without much trouble, I go into the draw get lumbered with France, Spain and N. Korea (FARRRRRRRRRRRRRRK).

First game against N.Korea, a convincing 3-1 win and get a bit of confidence for the game against France, 0-0 for most of the game then Neil slide tackles Henry in the box (a la 2006 round of 16 v Italy), Henry scores the penalty (FARRRRRRRRRRRRRRK) now all i have to do is beat spain in the final game and im into the round of 16, can't be to hard right:mad:.

20 mins into the game and im 0-3 down thinking ive got no chance, get though the game with that same scoreline till the 70th min mark when McDonald gets on the end of a scrappy cross, yay good consilation goal. 10 mins later Kewell gets the ball down the left wing crosses to Kennedy and scores, wow i might have a chance. Spain kick off Grella goes in tackles Torres, ball spills out to Cahill, he passes to McDonald, McDonald shoots from 30-40 yards a thunderbolt almost brakes the back of the net as it beats the GK, wow 3-3 couldn't believe this 5 mins ago thinking im in for a shot at winning this game. Spain get the ball down the wing, cross in, luckly Kisnorbo heads away but it lands at the feet of Fabragas who shoots from just outside the box Rhys Williams blocks but the ball lands perfictly for Torres who scores his Hat trick, DAMN. Got kicked out of the World Cup, but loved every min of it what and awesome game.

Malta would be tough, started a CYC with a mate as Denmark over the weekend which is hard enough but we pumped Malta 8-0 in a Qualifier!

Yeah, I just lost 8-0 to England at Wembley with Rooney scoring 5 and a 1st half Hatrick

Got all the way to the final.

Beat Holland 2-0, got revenge on Italy in the QF 3-0. Got lucky with South Africa knocking out the chokers Spain beat them 3-2 in the semi, probably the hardest game to date. Met France in the final stalemate for 80 odd, probably had a chance or two more. Then Flamini of all players danced through Moore and Grella's challenged 1-on-1 with Petkovic (Schwarzer missed last 3 games) knocked in a tap in!!

Remove this Banner Ad

World Cup - South Africa

Remove this Banner Ad

Back