Golf World Golf thread - feat. The 2024 Presidents Cup

Remove this Banner Ad

Yes but they are not as difficult for these modern day players. They go in them and then just lob it on the green. Fairway bunkers it should be impossible to move the ball forward. Must play out sideways is your only option.
That's your imagination - sand saves run at around 50% on the PGAT. That equates to a half shot penalty.

Not really, it’s like shelling peas watching pros in bunkers.
Bunkers are supposed to be hazards. At 50% sand saves they are not a hazard.
A good figure for Sand saves should be 10% at best.
There is nothing difficult at all about bunker play for pro golfers.
Are you purposely being a bit silly? Half the time, pros make bogey when the hit a greenside bunker "in regulation". That's a disaster for them.

Just like when Ricky Bobby thought he couldn't walk, this is all in your head.

Not sure which part of 50% sand saves you don't understand, but bunkers aren't the problem when it comes to tour pros eating up golf courses. It's more along the lines that they are usually going at greens with wedges so they don't land in traps.

Sand saves involve another element which is putting, I am not talking about putting here. The fact remains pro golfers have no problem hitting balls to green from fairway bunkers and no problem splashing out from greenside bunkers. They don't even seem disappointed going in bunkers anymore.
That they go on and miss putts has nothing to do with how easy it is for pros to play out of existing bunkers.

Sand saves involve another element which is putting, I am not talking about putting here. The fact remains pro golfers have no problem hitting balls to green from fairway bunkers and no problem splashing out from greenside bunkers. They don't even seem disappointed going in bunkers anymore.
That they go on and miss putts has nothing to do with how easy it is for pros to play out of existing bunkers.

Sand save data hasn’t changed, driving distance is always increasing. That’s another clue for you on where the problem is

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Sand save data hasn’t changed, driving distance is always increasing. That’s another clue for you on where the problem is

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

You are still ignoring my point.

Is it difficult for pro golfers to remove their ball from the bunker onto a green? Not interested in whether or not they make par or bogey. Just simply how difficult is it for them to get out of the bunkers.
Christ I think getting out of the bunker is easy and I am not a pro.

You are still ignoring my point.

Is it difficult for pro golfers to remove their ball from the bunker onto a green? Not interested in whether or not they make par or bogey. Just simply how difficult is it for them to get out of the bunkers.
Christ I think getting out of the bunker is easy and I am not a pro.
You are still lacking in logic. Getting out of a bunker is one thing. Getting the ball to a scoring position is another. Bunkers clearly are a problem for pros as they average losing half a shot to par when they land in a greenside trap. As far as averages go, the average made distance at 8 feet is about 50/50. Put simply, that means pros average getting bunker shots to around 8 feet of the hole - with a 50/50 chance from there.

The problem that pro golf faces right now is technology killing golf courses.

You are still lacking in logic. Getting out of a bunker is one thing. Getting the ball to a scoring position is another. Bunkers clearly are a problem for pros as they average losing half a shot to par when they land in a greenside trap. As far as averages go, the average made distance at 8 feet is about 50/50. Put simply, that means pros average getting bunker shots to around 8 feet of the hole - with a 50/50 chance from there.

The problem that pro golf faces right now is technology killing golf courses.

Nothing to do with logic, you raised sand saves when that was not ever in discussion.

A pro stands on a tee box and slams his driver down the fairway and finds the fairway bunker, he is not wrapped but he just shakes his head and says no problem hitting on to the green.
Now lets make that same bunker impossible for the ball to be hit forward from and the only way out is hitting sideways out to the fairway. Now we have a hazard the pro does not want to be in.
Good luck hitting 10 under a round with hazards on the course.

Nothing wrong with 10 under by the way every now and again, but especially in america low scores are very common on their courses.

Nothing to do with logic, you raised sand saves when that was not ever in discussion.

A pro stands on a tee box and slams his driver down the fairway and finds the fairway bunker, he is not wrapped but he just shakes his head and says no problem hitting on to the green.
Now lets make that same bunker impossible for the ball to be hit forward from and the only way out is hitting sideways out to the fairway. Now we have a hazard the pro does not want to be in.
Good luck hitting 10 under a round with hazards on the course.

Nothing wrong with 10 under by the way every now and again, but especially in america low scores are very common on their courses.
And you have a course the average american would not want to play. Did you see the scores at the Dunhill - plenty of pot bunkers on those three courses and they were torn apart.

The problem with fairway bunkers is that for pros, they have to be in a place where they might land in them. Which needs to be at average driver distance. And guess what? That is close enough to the green where they can play short irons out of them.

If the ball/driver gets rolled back, fairway bunkers can be placed further back, then we suddenly have loft/lip problems.

Distance is the issue.

Remove this Banner Ad

Golf World Golf thread - feat. The 2024 Presidents Cup

Remove this Banner Ad

Back