PC World of Warcraft - Including Classic

Remove this Banner Ad

They are certainly better than the model SWToR has gone for. I played that a bit more about a month ago because I was keen to try and finish some story modes...But unless you pay the subscription the free to play version is really gutted...Every thing you want to do you need to buy Cartel coins with real $$. Not to mention the game feels clunky compared to the many years ive spent on WoW.

thats most of the problem.. Having played wow since 2005 I really struggled to find an interest in any other MMO's.. Played a little bit of world of tanks and warships BETA, but thats it

This expansion has clearly gone so far off its original plans. When it was announced blizzard straight up said Grom Hellscream would be the final boss. He ended up being little more than a bit character. WoD has been an absolute mess of an expansion which is disappointing as it was so promising on release. Hopefully Blizzard sort out whatever is going on at HQ and don't let it happen again.

I'm not really keen on the shorter turn around of expansions, I thought 2 years was fine and the current direction of the game will eventually lead to its demise. But I've always said the only thing that would kill WoW would be WoW.

As soon as they announced it would be a time travel but not time travel but travelling in time but not effecting time while travelling to another time to make a different time...Well, it was doomed really.

Are they going to base an entire expansion around The Sundering next?

Anyone been buying the Wow tokens?

Saving plenty (At a cheap rate of 23k gold imo) and planning to start using them once my six month subscription is over
Oh get F'd, you can't bring consumables to raid yet youre chucking out 20k on tokens :p you scab

I think they should knuckle down and take every single raid from MOP back to Vanilla and set them up as Timewalking raids available 24/7. Allow some of the old gear to be reobtainable at a scaled up to level 100 and effectivly increase their available content 10fold. Its worked fine with the Dungeons so far, time to go full scale.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I think they should knuckle down and take every single raid from MOP back to Vanilla and set them up as Timewalking raids available 24/7. Allow some of the old gear to be reobtainable at a scaled up to level 100 and effectivly increase their available content 10fold. Its worked fine with the Dungeons so far, time to go full scale.

They did that to a lesser degree with MC, and that was ****ing painful... Many players

- dont understand or know the old raid mechanics
- think its a zerg fest
- refuse to read/learn

They did that to a lesser degree with MC, and that was ******* painful... Many players

- dont understand or know the old raid mechanics
- think its a zerg fest
- refuse to read/learn

It would bring back nostalgic players though. Alternatively, they could do what they have with Diablo 3: Seasonal Servers. For example, one server is set up as a Burning Crusade only server, where for 6 months its a race to finish all the content and be ranked as the best, like Diablo 3 does with its ladders. Have servers for each expansion, have those expansions content be the big draw card...You could keep all the improvements WoWs had via its interface etc or you could make them litterally the old school versions of WoW.

Probably just a pipe dream of course.

the shipyard is a stinker, spend all the resources developing it but 2 weeks in you can do it from your garrison table zzzzzz

i like tanaan as a zone but even that is losing its charm. HFC is great so far though!
Until your mother****ing ship sinks on a 90% mission and you have to go rebuild one.

It would bring back nostalgic players though. Alternatively, they could do what they have with Diablo 3: Seasonal Servers. For example, one server is set up as a Burning Crusade only server, where for 6 months its a race to finish all the content and be ranked as the best, like Diablo 3 does with its ladders. Have servers for each expansion, have those expansions content be the big draw card...You could keep all the improvements WoWs had via its interface etc or you could make them litterally the old school versions of WoW.

Probably just a pipe dream of course.

You wouldn't seriously want to go back and raid TBC these days. It was amazing at the time because of what it brought to the table, and how it did so. Criticise the newer raids all you like but for the most part they're better (don't get me started on ToT though).

At the end of the day, WoW won't go forwards by going backwards. It actually needs something new, and I believe that with the games framework being so archaic it simply isn't robust enough to provide the kinds of things that would properly rejuvenate the game, and that's natural. MMOs as a genre are becoming stale because no one wants to put in the money and time to properly develop something new and innovative. For a long time they thought that by copying WOW they could get a quick cash-in and move on, then they realised it isn't quite so simple and now they're stopping. We're left with these trash tier South Korean MMOs, WOW and EVE for the crazy folk out there.

I dunno, I don't think WOW can regain any traction, and it'd be kind of depressing if it did because it'd mean that the genre is pretty much dead from a developers' point of view as it'd be result of everyone else giving up. I'm just hoping someone comes along with something actually new and does it well and then maybe we'll find that new and exciting game we all want.

Anything to rogues? Because they are stupidly easy to play right now. Assasination is litterally keep up Rupture, spam Envenom and watch Youtube.

As always... we'll find out on release date. Until then it's just bitches moaning in agony as their class gets 'nerfed' (even though it's actually a buff and they're too stupid to realise it).

Remove this Banner Ad

PC World of Warcraft - Including Classic

Remove this Banner Ad

Back