Worst 250 game player

Remove this Banner Ad

Considering how the Champion Data Player Ranking score is calculated (factoring in weightings for context and importance of particular acts within a particular game, and affording greater weighting to particular types of possessions, disposals and defensive acts), that would be pretty hard to do without actually watching every single game the each player played.
Oh, I wasn't aware that there were weightings. That would be incredibly difficult to do then o_O

Oh, I wasn't aware that there were weightings. That would be incredibly difficult to do then o_O

Most are under the impression that it's just a simple tally of kicks, marks, handballs, etc. (a la AFL Fantasy/Dream Team), and thus dismiss it as a useless number, when as far as statistical measurements go, it's probably the best and most sophisticated indicator you'll find of a player's all-round impact on the game.

Justin Madden
Scott Burns
Gavin Brown
Dustin Fletcher - probably harsh but has spent a career as a back men playing without an opponent
Adam Yze
Brad Green
Drew Petrie
Joel Bowden- on pure talent he shouldn't be in the list but was too inconsistent and didn't apply himself
Chris Newman
Nick Dal santo- his brownlow tally suggests he shouldn't be here but I just don't rate him.
Justin Peckett
Drew Banfeld

These are only players who have played 250 games for the one club so have no doubt missed a few journeyman who have switched clubs and only ones I remember.
http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/List...ll_League_players_with_200_games_for_one_club

If I had to pick a top/worst 3
Chris Newman
Brad Green
Justin Peckett

Dustin Fletcher - probably harsh but has spent a career as a back men playing without an opponen
Nick Dal santo- his brownlow tally suggests he shouldn't be here but I just don't rate him.
Absolutely atrocious calls.
what did Kozi get to again?

Go Catters
200, so you'll have to start another thread if you want to shit on him.

Justin Madden
Scott Burns
Gavin Brown
Dustin Fletcher - probably harsh but has spent a career as a back men playing without an opponent
Adam Yze
Brad Green
Drew Petrie
Joel Bowden- on pure talent he shouldn't be in the list but was too inconsistent and didn't apply himself
Chris Newman
Justin Peckett
Drew Banfeld

These are only players who have played 250 games for the one club so have no doubt missed a few journeyman who have switched clubs and only ones I remember.
http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/List...ll_League_players_with_200_games_for_one_club

Chris Newman
Brad Green
Justin Peckett

Lol at Gavin Brown & Scott Burns, and that's just from my club. Fletcher is laughable too.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Justin Madden
Scott Burns
Gavin Brown
Adam Yze
Brad Green
Drew Petrie
Chris Newman
Justin Peckett
Drew Banfeld

Chris Newman
Brad Green
Justin Peckett

take it to the bay

Whoever classified this as a silly thread was on the ball. Its like trying to name the poorest millionaires in the world. They're millionaires! To be the worst 250 AFL gamer is hardly an argument lol

Edit: Obviously it was Michael Tuck!

People actually naming Fletcher and Scott Burns clearly didn't watch their whole career.

Firstly this thread is really poor.

Fletcher has been a great player, it annoys me when people claim a player isn't that good if he plays loose at times. The whole reason players like Fletcher plays loose at times is because the team is utilizing one of his biggest strengths.....reading the play.

Why is this seen as a bad thing or seen as the player not being that good because he didn't directly play on an opponent the whole match? Ridiculous arguments against players that play these roles. Their role for the team is as important as any other role.

Also Fletcher played the majority of his career on some really quality forward's and was one of the best defenders there was for years. People seem to forget about this just because his career has continued and his role as a player has too. Last time I checked he is still helping the team. Incredible effort as his age.

People actually naming Fletcher and Scott Burns clearly didn't watch their whole career.

Firstly this thread is really poor.

Fletcher has been a great player, it annoys me when people claim a player isn't that good if he plays loose at times. The whole reason players like Fletcher plays loose at times is because the team is utilizing one of his biggest strengths.....reading the play.

Why is this seen as a bad thing or seen as the player not being that good because he didn't directly play on an opponent the whole match? Ridiculous arguments against players that play these roles. Their role for the team is as important as any other role.

Also Fletcher played the majority of his career on some really quality forward's and was one of the best defenders there was for years. People seem to forget about this just because his career has continued and his role as a player has too. Last time I checked he is still helping the team. Incredible effort as his age.
Yea i cant believe how loose he was when he played on Dunstal, Lockett, Modra, Ablett, Sumich, J.Brown, B.Hall ad Carey to name a few. Really needs to tighten upo_O

Daniel Giansiracusa.

Will be surpassed by Andrew Mackie in the next few years.

Remove this Banner Ad

Worst 250 game player

Remove this Banner Ad

Back