Worst AFL umpire IYO (in your opinion)

Remove this Banner Ad

Jan 16, 2005
paradise
AFL Club
Carlton
not many good ones and the standard is at an all time low , but
for me it has to be Darren Goldspink this bloke prances around out there and trys to be the centre of attention also will not let the game flow and is mostly totally inconsistent with his descisions.
scott m'claren also made me sick when he went out and sucked up to Hird in the game after hird bagged him . pathetic little weasel

AirportWest #17 said:
I think you would get a more defenite answer if the question was "Best AFL umpire IYO???" :rolleyes:
i don't know all the umpires that well to rate the best one ...the really good umpire does his job and goes unnoticed, it's really the bad calls that draw your attention to the umpire making it

Blues_Man said:
i don't know all the umpires that well to rate the best one ...the really good umpire does his job and goes unnoticed, it's really the bad calls that draw your attention to the umpire making it
That's why Goldspink should be sent down to the VFL or some bush league.

that stupid goal umpire that gave the match to the saints by 1 point when aussie jones kicked it out on the fool and and then gay goalie called it a point to put the saints up by a point and then the siren went...

stupid peice of umpiring... by the way i cant remember his anme, but it was his forst AFL match to goal umpire in... and guess what it was also his last!!!

thats how strick they are at that level!!!

SainterX1 said:
The problem with umpires, is that they only listen to the opinion of one person. This person is also seen as being one of the worst coaches of the last 20 years (by his own supporters) and is seen as doing a great job by the AFL.

Ditch the Geisch!

(btw - the worst umpires sem to be the ones with the least amount of hair)
So their brain is in their hair? Explains all.

Bards said:
that stupid goal umpire that gave the match to the saints by 1 point when aussie jones kicked it out on the fool and and then gay goalie called it a point to put the saints up by a point and then the siren went...

stupid peice of umpiring... by the way i cant remember his anme, but it was his forst AFL match to goal umpire in... and guess what it was also his last!!!

Actually that umpire had been in the AFL before. The umpire during the Brisbane, Collingwood game who erred was the one you refer to as the 'debutant' umpire.
The worst umpire in the league is Scott McLaren in my opinion.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Bards said:

Bards were famous with their ability to use language in an oral context, so I guess you could be forgiven your obvious deficiences. The umpire didn't give the match to the Saints. They had opportunities to score after that, but held the ball up (as Brisbane had done earlier - rather ironic of Akermanis to do that after having a go at another team doing it the week before.)

SainterX1 said:
Bards were famous with their ability to use language in an oral context, so I guess you could be forgiven your obvious deficiences. The umpire didn't give the match to the Saints. They had opportunities to score after that, but held the ball up (as Brisbane had done earlier - rather ironic of Akermanis to do that after having a go at another team doing it the week before.)
that particular game was won by the saints due to an umpiring error whoever says otherwise is either biased or just plain stupid

SainterX1 said:
The problem with umpires, is that they only listen to the opinion of one person. This person is also seen as being one of the worst coaches of the last 20 years (by his own supporters) and is seen as doing a great job by the AFL.

Ditch the Geisch!

(btw - the worst umpires sem to be the ones with the least amount of hair)

Agreed, the guy is an absolute tool.

McLaren, followed by Goldspink. McLaren had a pivotal role in the round 4 match with Essendon, gave away some dodgy free kicks Essendon's way at a time when Carlton were well and truly up. Not happy jan.

A fan of Matthew James and Brett Allen's work.

Remove this Banner Ad

Worst AFL umpire IYO (in your opinion)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back