Worst ALL-Australian

Remove this Banner Ad

Pepi

Team Captain
Sep 28, 2003
Geelong
AFL Club
Geelong
Who are some players who have made all australian but when you now look at them seem like duds...a couple that spring to mind are micky mansfield and mitchell white

Yep, in the same team as Michael Sexton got CHB. 1997 was a ****ed year.

Originally posted by Pepi
Who are some players who have made all australian but when you now look at them seem like duds...a couple that spring to mind are micky mansfield and mitchell white

Mansfield played some great footy in the mid 90s, was one of the best half back flankers running around and Mitch White was awesome in 1996, well deserving of an AA nod - only to do his knee at the start of 97 and never manage to regain top form.

Both were great players in their prime.

Credit where credit is due ?

That said, I never rated Adam Heuskes...

Originally posted by Kapow!!!
He gets my vote too, I'd rather have Chris Johnson in that Pocket, Smith was a cr@p desicion.

I thought Johnno was in the other pocket. Sinkers had a much better year than Joel Smith, but that suspension sort of ended any chance he had.

Originally posted by Petrie Dish
I thought Johnno was in the other pocket. Sinkers had a much better year than Joel Smith, but that suspension sort of ended any chance he had.

Wanganeen did.

Having Crawford as Captain and C.Johnson as Vice Captain, I think its Lyon's way of sticking it to the AA selectors at such dismal selections.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Adam Heuskes was good in 1997 but if he didn't get in then Eagleton should have,

Michael Mansfield is one who you think was a dud, but was as good as a Scott Burns is know.

Joel Smith is a player who shouldn't have two. he played well in his first AA year, but not this year.

Sexton is a good player, one of the best CHB mid 90's because he played well when Carlton won. he was consistent.

Adem Yze - you got to be joking. he is a very talented player,

Honestly i can't decide, they were all good in there prime years.

Re: Re: Worst ALL-Australian

Originally posted by Black JuJu
Mansfield played some great footy in the mid 90s, was one of the best half back flankers running around and Mitch White was awesome in 1996, well deserving of an AA nod - only to do his knee at the start of 97 and never manage to regain top form.

Both were great players in their prime.

Credit where credit is due ?

Spot on.

People only remember the dud Mansfield that played for Carlton, but the one that played for Geelong in the mid 90's was a quality footballer.

Same goes for Mitch, his last 3 years have overshadowed his great career with the Eagles.

Originally posted by Pepi

Did you watch White play that season?
He was clearly the best Half forward in the game for that year, to think otherwise is showing your lack of football knowledge. In fact in that same year Gerard Healy tipped him for the Brownlow Medal

Re: Re: Worst ALL-Australian

Originally posted by rockdog
Did you watch White play that season?
He was clearly the best Half forward in the game for that year, to think otherwise is showing your lack of football knowledge. In fact in that same year Gerard Healy tipped him for the Brownlow Medal

The same Gerald Healy who left Crawford out of this years team?

Originally posted by MarkT
Was that before or after Healey said Kent Butcher was a star and the prototype modern footballer?

No he didn't.

Surely.

Please tell me he didn't.....

Was that before or after Healey said Kent Butcher was a star and the prototype modern footballer?

:D Nice call Gerard...Kent is currently being a star and prototype modern footballer for St Mary's football club here in geelong. Played in the grand final against Bell park and were beaten..well at least he hasnt lost that collingwood feeling ;)

Remove this Banner Ad

Worst ALL-Australian

Remove this Banner Ad

Back