Discussion Worst ever jumper clashes

Remove this Banner Ad

The most annoying clashes in rugby league are when alternates are available, but unworn.

Western Suburbs also did this in their final away game in the NRL in R24 1999.

Had a white jersey that year but couldn’t be arsed to bring it.

Four'N Twenty NSW Suburban Rugby - Division Two: UNSW v Briars

UNSW are yellow jerseys and black shorts, Briars are gold jerseys and white shorts. There were some movements with clubs moving up and down divisions in the preseason after last season was interrupted and stalled because of COVID and with declining player numbers over the 2 COVID seasons.

I'm glad I'm not commentating this one but I get them in our final home game in a few months. Wish me luck.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2022-04-23 at 12.53.25.jpg
    Screen Shot 2022-04-23 at 12.53.25.jpg
    881.9 KB · Views: 109

(Log in to remove this ad.)

It took them now to realise. Less than a week before the game. There's clearly some confusion as to who the home team would be seeing as Essendon wore a red jumper at home and Richmond wore black as the away team last year. I assume it has something to do with the change of venue the last 2 years, maybe there was a message that those games didn't really count as their turn because their members couldn't go. Either way. It's pretty embarassing for both the AFL and Essendon.

It took them now to realise. Less than a week before the game. There's clearly some confusion as to who the home team would be seeing as Essendon wore a red jumper at home and Richmond wore black as the away team last year. I assume it has something to do with the change of venue the last 2 years, maybe there was a message that those games didn't really count as their turn because their members couldn't go. Either way. It's pretty embarassing for both the AFL and Essendon.
When the Fixture was finalised etc etc they would have known then and there who was home and who was away... That's the joke.

Sir Doug Nicholls round should be over two weeks but teams should only wear their indigenous jumpers when they are the home team (making sure at least one home game for each team).

I think it would showcase the jumpers more and help avoid potential clashes.
Funnily enough last year Lions wore a Fitzroy-inspired kit for the two games of the round - white vs Melbourne as the away team and then red vs GWS as the home team

1652841559278.png 1652841547646.png

the facebook comments though.....

"Never was a problem in the 80s"
"Just wear white shorts"

ffs
I mean theoretically they're not wrong, i had a glance at some Tigers v Bombers games and they wore the below;
1652841704524.png
No idea how easy or difficult it was to watch, but i have a feeling that players wearing their socks up a lot back then probably helped with the visibility to reduce clashes.

In the other direction, the Bombers wore glorious red shorts
1652841884898.png

1660367591554.png

Not a clash, but didn't know where else to post it.

Probably worst jumper matchup I've seen thus far in the EFNL season, Croydon (Home) is wearing a clash jumper with dark shorts against Montrose (Dees) away with white shorts. Can only presume Montrose doesn't have a suitable clash? But this would go against EFNL regulation so highly doubt that. Just strange circumstances overall.

This was NOT a fun set of games to commentate I must be honest... Then UNSW 1sts wore an indigenous inspired design with white numbers that I couldn't read if they were more than about 15m in from the near touchline.

Remove this Banner Ad

Discussion Worst ever jumper clashes

Remove this Banner Ad

Back