Worst player to play in a grand final??

Remove this Banner Ad

Remember the original benchmark was Aaron Keating.

None of yesterday’s players are anyway near to his level.

Yeah that’s a great point with the benchmark. I think Amartey is one of the worst players I have ever seen and had one of the worst grand finals ever but he still runs rings around Aaron Keatings career and grand final performance haha.

Sydney were forced to play Logan Macdonald on one leg and persist with Amartey one-out because they had the worst list of emergencies in Grand Final history.

Ladhams
Francis
Cleary (who?)

In hindsight we should have seen this result coming. They had no depth. A few injuries next year and it could be a bottom 10 finish for the Swans.

Jeremy Finlayson for GWS for sure 1 disposal for the entire game will beat hard to beat :tearsofjoy:

Grundy was probably Sydney’s best, but he didn’t really dominant Fort.
I wouldn’t even say Fort is in the 10 worst ruckman to play a grand final.
Listening to Max Gawn on a podcast the day before the GF, he actually said of any team to lose their main key ruck Brissy is best placed - he rates Fort as the best second ruck in the comp (although personally I'd say Freo might pip them having both Darcy and Jackson).

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Do two frees against and maybe even 3 clangers due to a 50 against count as stats? In any case Cam's as much a norf Premiership player as Carey, Harvey, Stevens, King, Archer and co.

Indeed, regardless of what anyone says about him he can still claim to be a 1999 premiership player.

Went on to have a more than handy career at the Cats too winning more flags

Sydney were forced to play Logan Macdonald on one leg and persist with Amartey one-out because they had the worst list of emergencies in Grand Final history.

Ladhams
Francis
Cleary (who?)

In hindsight we should have seen this result coming. They had no depth. A few injuries next year and it could be a bottom 10 finish for the Swans.
If only Francis played...

I feel like Darcy Fort is a better footballer than Billy Frampton and that's only going back 1 year.

Remove this Banner Ad

Worst player to play in a grand final??

Remove this Banner Ad

Back