Worst songs of 2012 - Get them in early!

Remove this Banner Ad

I disagree with this nomination.

If you're familiar with The Offspring you'll know that they've released a 'joke' song on every album. Some have been bad like 'Hit That', 'Original Prankster' and 'Pretty Fly' to name a few, but they've made some great joke songs like 'Don't Pick It Up', 'Shit is ****ed Up' and 'Beheaded'.

This one just falls in the hit and miss cateogry. Like it is a complete piss-take of the auto-tune phase currently sweeping through the music industry, with obvious shit lyrics that you would hear in Black Eyed Peas and Katy Perry songs, hence the name Calfornia Cruisin (Bumpin in my Trunk). It is a pretty funny, harmless song. I'm just hoping its the only 'joke' song they do on their new album.

I could listen to that song 100 times over in comparison to other shit in this thread.

They should really stop with these joke songs as they are usually their worst and really never funny, with the exception of Beheaded which I wouldn't put in the same category as these others. If anything it seems to me as an unintentional piss take of their own hit singles. Or maybe some kind of mid life crisis.

They should really stop with these joke songs as they are usually their worst and really never funny, with the exception of Beheaded which I wouldn't put in the same category as these others. If anything it seems to me as an unintentional piss take of their own hit singles. Or maybe some kind of mid life crisis.

I agree completely with the stopping of the joke songs. They need to bust out a top punk-rock album again like Ignition. I've heard 3 songs that will be on the new album. The one posted by you, and the other two are pretty good. They're called 'Days Go By' and 'The Future Is Now'.

I was really hoping this latest effort would be back to the old days, but alas.

I agree completely with the stopping of the joke songs. They need to bust out a top punk-rock album again like Ignition. I've heard 3 songs that will be on the new album. The one posted by you, and the other two are pretty good. They're called 'Days Go By' and 'The Future Is Now'.

I was really hoping this latest effort would be back to the old days, but alas.

When 'Days Go By' was realsed on radio in the States, Dexter and Noodles gave an interview and Dexter said something along the lines of wanting something light hearted (Cruising California) after being very serious throughout making this album.

I also enjoy the other 2 songs you mentioned and hope we get them as singles here. Then there is also another song that you would have heard before - Dirty Magic

I disagree with this nomination.

If you're familiar with The Offspring you'll know that they've released a 'joke' song on every album. Some have been bad like 'Hit That', 'Original Prankster' and 'Pretty Fly' to name a few, but they've made some great joke songs like 'Don't Pick It Up', 'Shit is ****ed Up' and 'Beheaded'.

This one just falls in the hit and miss cateogry. Like it is a complete piss-take of the auto-tune phase currently sweeping through the music industry, with obvious shit lyrics that you would hear in Black Eyed Peas and Katy Perry songs, hence the name Calfornia Cruisin (Bumpin in my Trunk). It is a pretty funny, harmless song. I'm just hoping its the only 'joke' song they do on their new album.

I could listen to that song 100 times over in comparison to other shit in this thread.

Whether it's a joke song or not, they recorded this tripe, and are putting there name to it.
In my opinion it is a worthy nomination for worst song of the year. The Offspring have been a particularly shit band for a long time now.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The latest song from Maroon 5 - Phonebooth song? Anyways, it sounds really boring but has a pretty cool video clip, so at least that keeps from falling asleep.

I actually came to post their song Awkward, but saw it was late last year. ******* hipster bullshit.

We must have completely different definitions of hipsters because I would assume most hipsters would hate on this song and the band.

Fun - We Are Young.

I only found out the name and artist of that song the other day and have hated it for such a long time. It feels like it drains me of any joy inside myself.

Remove this Banner Ad

Worst songs of 2012 - Get them in early!

Remove this Banner Ad

Back