Bumped Worst Tiger Player Ever?

Remove this Banner Ad

Lionel Proctor
1567233.jpg

prefer to erase them from the dark recesses of my mind and fill that vast space with the litany of champions that have worn the Yellow & Black:thumbsu: However if I was to be put under duress for an answer, clearly it would be Justin Blumfield, played and acted like a bum, completely disrespected the priveldge of being a Tiger, made me sick in the guts

Yeah, not something I like to dwell on, but there was a guy back in the early 80s called Wayne Shand.
Absolute shocking player.
I was reduced to tears one day in 1982 or 83 when I went to Princes Park to watch the lad play the Blues and out should run the aforementioned Wayne Shand in the #30 guernsey of my all-time favourite Tiger and idol Francis Bourke.
I was ropable - even as a 13 year old kid and went home and penned a letter to the club!
Goes to show, our club was disrespectful even back then!!

Who would be the worst player to represent us? My vote would be for Richard Lounder he was a shocker! But I reckon anyone from the late 80's and early 90's might qualify!

Kicked four goals in a game which is a lot more than other 4 game wonders.

Mind you 9 of his career 12 possesions came in that game.

I reckon Wayne Hernamen as just about the worst i have seen.

Out of those who played a little longer i reckon John Manton was pretty bad.

However they all were 100 X better than me :eek:

Yeah, not something I like to dwell on, but there was a guy back in the early 80s called Wayne Shand.
Absolute shocking player.
I was reduced to tears one day in 1982 or 83 when I went to Princes Park to watch the lad play the Blues and out should run the aforementioned Wayne Shand in the #30 guernsey of my all-time favourite Tiger and idol Francis Bourke.
I was ropable - even as a 13 year old kid and went home and penned a letter to the club!
Goes to show, our club was disrespectful even back then!!

Oh yes - how could i forget him. Thanks for putting that memory back into my brain. :rolleyes:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Oh yes - how could i forget him. Thanks for putting that memory back into my brain. :rolleyes:

I still have nightmares, Peejay!

But what also continues to bug me is that the club never learned from its mistakes.

KB retired and what happens... a few years later they handed his jumper to another contender for worst player...Brett Mahoney...and then Todd Menegola!!!

God help us what they do with the sacred #12 when Richo goes?

It better be put on ice for a year or two...or handed directly to one J. Riewoldt!

A recent one, the Shane Morrison and Luke Weller combo.
Spud thought they deserved a shot because they just couldn't get a game being behind Jon Brown.
Turns out they were ****ing shit

Remove this Banner Ad

Bumped Worst Tiger Player Ever?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back