Worst tribunal injustices

Remove this Banner Ad

Mofra said:
That was one I was thinking of.

Worst for mine was Grant's "suspension" in 97. No umpire reported him, video umpire let it go, yet Ian Collins made an issue of it and ultimately cost Grant a brownlow. Few (if any) other of the bad decisions listed above had the same ramifications.

this one was an utter joke. grant should be awarded a retrospective medal due to idiocy.

Mofra said:

Worst for mine was Grant's "suspension" in 97. No umpire reported him, video umpire let it go, yet Ian Collins made an issue of it and ultimately cost Grant a brownlow. Few (if any) other of the bad decisions listed above had the same ramifications.

We could have a winner here.

Mofra said:

Worst. Decision. Ever.

Few will remember, but Ash Prescott getting a week for flicking North's Stevens(?) to the tummy with the back of his hand, '97 or '98. Made Gehrig on Cloke look like assault with a battering ram.

Greg Williams, very hard done by in retrospect.

Chris Grant, robbed.

But williams retired before he had to take the suspension, must have had an eagle lawyer.

Can anyone remember when McKernan got suspended the year he earned a brownlow, unlike most other seasons where he didn't earn a game. That was another soft call in a marking contest

Yeah, Carberry should have been sacked for what he was doing at the time, you dont front up to a player like that, never saw any other umpire do that even in that more 'colourful' era, the 4 weeks for belting poor old Sidey was sufficient punishment.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

1997 - but now being challenged by 2006:(

but both
1.Chris Grant ( Brownlow Medalist:mad: ) legitimate attempt to mark
2. Diesel Williams - "GTF out of my way and out of my face UMPIRE!"... it was more than 10 weeks

anyone remember mckernan 96? Got 1 week for tripping by hand (in that year and only that year it was automatic report and week suspension) since then it has been a free and 50m. He tied with hird and voss in the brownlow but was ineligble. Stiff.

Matthew Lloyd, nothing for smashing josh thurgood's cheekbone to bits last year with his armguard, what a dog.

I've always disputed Holland hit on Williams as a King Hit. In my day (I sound like my Dad) a King Hit was to hit a guy from behimd, or at least when they weren't looking.

Williams had hold of Holland's jumper when he smacked him. A nice hit, but not a dog like King Hit

powinc

Holland again for getting 4 (or what it 6?) for kicking Campo. With todays system it could be argued - in play - reckless - low impact -1 to 2 weeks tops

powinc

pjcrows said:
this one was an utter joke. grant should be awarded a retrospective medal due to idiocy.

If this were to happen (which it wont but....) should Harvey be retrospectively stripped of a Brownlow he did not deserve?
Or can we have it both ways?

windyhill said:
Chris Grant. Game. Set.Match.

I dont reckon its as clear cut as that with Grant. At the time I remember thinking he was robbed, saw footage of it recently and now I'm not so sure. Going by todays system its definately a 1-2 week job, Jason Cloke did the same thing in 02 and missed a grand final for it. He gave Holland a fair whack and was 'careless' 'negligent and whatever other crap they wanna use these days.
The fact that d...head Collins gor involved probably sways me to saying he was unluckly but not out and out robbed.
He was just as unlucky in 96 when mercuri got a goal at the death v essendon. Hird 3, Grant 2, Bulldogs win Grant 3 Hird 2 and he takes Charlie instead.

What is the fascination with the Chris Grant incident. I know he is a nice bloke and the doggies are everyones second favourite team but he smacked Holland in the head fair and square. Prob got what was deserved unfortunately.
How can we go past Diesel telling an over enthusiastic umpire to **** off out of his face and getting 10 weeks

Remove this Banner Ad

Worst tribunal injustices

Remove this Banner Ad

Back