Worst uniforms in the league.

• Thread starter Bradley
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None

Remove this Banner Ad

B

Bradley

We all love the respective guernsey of our beloved club right? Right! But some designs ,in particular preseason uniforms, are positively dire! For example, do Hawthorn fans remembr the the Jockey uniform with the diamonds? Or The Bears and West Coasts original uniforms?? Puke!

How about some more current examples like Ports uniform that clashes with it's corporate logos or Geelongs old away guernsey that made them look like Carlton! Add your 'worst' below.

Hawthorn's current pre-season rugby top; Fitzroy's pre-season jumper from '95/'96; Carlton's M&Ms jumper; the Collingwood bar-code guernsey, circa '96; Fremantle's current away jumper and the Footscray away jumper that got a good showing in that "The Year of the Dogs" doco.

The only AFL club never to change their guernsey is Essendon.

No test patern pre-season style jumper. Just the old traditional intimidating black with the red sash

Our current away jumpers by a mile.
The main difference between ours and some of the ones listed is that they are here to stay. We have to wear them for a minimum of 11 more games this season. At least Hawthorns pre-season experiments only last a few games.

i totally agree! i'm a mad eagles supporter and i hate the away guernsey. the home one kicks ass but the away uniform is crap. it looks like half of it's black.

anyway, i don't see why teams need an away strip. all teams should have done what essendon have and keep their guernseys the same.

Of course everyone should do what Essendon does and just keep the same guernsey for each and every game. Essendon sets the example for all other teams to follow.

Carn the Bombers

------------------
bomber0018

The only AFL club never to change their guernsey is Essendon.

No test patern pre-season style jumper. Just the old traditional intimidating black with the red sash

news_imagesize.asp

Get some members.

Or a win...

It is still black with a red sash, albeit a wider one.

On the subject of clash strips, when I played in the amateurs in Adelaide, the club that joined the league first had the right to wear their guernsey, and the newer club had to adopt an away top. If both clubs had been in the league for the same amountof time, then the club with the oldest strip kept theirs.

If this was adopted by the AFL, there wouldn't be a clash problem, as Melbourne were nearly all navy -

Richmond wore this -

The Saint had this -

And the Blues had this -

How any of these clash with our guernsey is beyond me...

Why bring up such an ancient thread to prove a point to what was said nearly 9 years ago...embarrassing

FWIW - That isn't even a change per se - a change would be something different to the red and black sash

To be honest I didn't bring it up. It was on the front page when I logged in so perhaps the poster before who did the search deleted his entry. I don't do history searches for the sake of trolling someone.
I didn't even look at the dates when it was first posted.

We all love the respective guernsey of our beloved club right? Right! But some designs ,in particular preseason uniforms, are positively dire! For example, do Hawthorn fans remembr the the Jockey uniform with the diamonds? Or The Bears and West Coasts original uniforms?? Puke!

How about some more current examples like Ports uniform that clashes with it's corporate logos or Geelongs old away guernsey that made them look like Carlton! Add your 'worst' below.

How do our logos clash with our guernsey? Vodafone is red an Bianco is yellow? Total opposites to silver,teal an black an white? :rolleyes:lol

(Log in to remove this ad.)

To be honest I didn't bring it up. It was on the front page when I logged in so perhaps the poster before who did the search deleted his entry. I don't do history searches for the sake of trolling someone.
I didn't even look at the dates when it was first posted.
It was brought up by a Collingwood supporter over night who was talking crap about chimps and baboons or some crap. But because no Mod was on this thread overnight it stayed up untill the morning.

For mine, this still rates as the worst ever:
West-Coast-7.gif

And the worst of the current:
Port-Away-2009.gif

Are those lightning bolts?
And how bad will this look with White shorts?
Port were on a good thing when thye had kids design their jumpers.
Both jumpers done by kids have been better than anything else they've had.

Are those lightning bolts?
And how bad will this look with White shorts?

What happened to the teal back on that jumper?

ClashShopth.jpg

Most Port fans would actually agree with you here. I think the two jumpers designed for the kids competition were fantastic, and should be used again.

I do however like the latest 'white' look. I have not liked the most recent Port clash guernseys - the one with the real thunder was terrible and the last one was just bland.

I agree. Our last away guernsey was shocking.

The best one we could have used is the one the kid designed that had a massive fist clutching a lightning bolt on the front. That looked cool and would sell well in shops.

The freo jumper is just horrible to look at, they need to simplify it. That anchor doesnt work on any of their jumpers, the south freo jumper looks better on them

The combination of colours on the crows jumper looks like a regurgitated test pattern from the TV, they really need to just one or two dominant colours with the other colours less obvious.

The freo jumper is just horrible to look at, they need to simplify it. That anchor doesnt work on any of their jumpers, the south freo jumper looks better on them

The combination of colours on the crows jumper looks like a regurgitated test pattern from the TV, they really need to just one or two dominant colours with the other colours less obvious.

Agree Freo's is horrible - way too many colours etc. The heritage one they wore with two red Vee's looked great I thought - should swap to that.

Port's jumpers have all been terrible - a mess. Trendy gey shambles totally inconsistent with their 'ye olde' 1870 club thing. They need to bit billet and can the pathetic 'Power' thing and the teal. Stick to black whit and silver and go with a 'raiders' or 'pirates' theme with silver skull and cross bones on black jumper and PAFC over heart in Boston Red Sox style writing. Membership would skyrocket and the gear would sell like wildfire. The comp needs a 'bad boy' image club - they are perfect.

The Crows is just a lame shocker. Horizontal stripes make people look fat, and the design is so boring and messy. Should be basically red with Navy socks and Gold insignia - make it look classy for God sake.

Remove this Banner Ad

Worst uniforms in the league.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back