Moved Thread Would Sydney's participation undermine the integrity of the entire 2023 finals series?

Remove this Banner Ad

COLA needs to be returned, given the difference in rents alone. Hickey recently said he was paying $1.0K per week for a basic 2 bed Townhouse for his partner and three little kids.

If it is not

• salary cap at Geelong and SA to be reduced in line with cheap COL Iin those pox holes.
  • all payments from media deals for current payments to be included in the salary Club.
  • cashies enjoyed by Melbourne players to be included in the salary cap.
  • employment of wags and rellos by sponsors or people connected to the club to be incorporated in the soft salary cap.
  • costing out of certain cheapo real estate deals and pokie leases to players and adding into salary cap.

The AFL banned Sydney from trading for several years despite not breaking any rules. Their revenge for recruiting Franklin.

For yonks the Club has been punished by Umps. Usually our negative frees differential is second only to the Tigers. This year we are running a couple spots above.

Demetriou and Fitzpatrick despised the Club. Umpire McLaren (the Bummers will remember) tried to ump us out of the 05 and 06 Finals.

There is of course 2016 *.

Sydney and the other Nthn Clubs had to get the Academies because the useless AFL would not do development. Look at the ruin of junior footy in Tasmania courtesy of the abject AFL, carpetbagger Hawfs and perennial tin rattler Norf. The four Northern Academies have lost 16 year olds put on big contracts by NRL teams. Lol imagine Harley Reid telling Norf to * off, I’ve got a contract with Melbourne Storm. [ * that would be truly lolworthy]

For Vic Clubs and Crows the role of the Northern Clubs is to hothouse development. Scats, Tigs, Dees have supped from the trough rather than develop their own and enjoyed AFL organised success. Even deadbeat Clubs like Carltank, Bumblers and Norf tried the same but mainly recruited C Graders on A Graders salaries.

The shrieking squeals from racist and corrupt McGuire and other tosspottey aficionados about Sydney remain are music to my ears.
Whilst on the Sydney Swans and their need for support ...

Is it true that half the Sydney team has half the COLA deal still going - the Coke part?

PS I have a follow up line - so be nice.

Sydney exist as a clause in a contract, not an actual footy club anymore. They died in 1982 and the league has been puppeting the corpse for cash.

"Bloods Culture" lol living bodies have blood.
Whilst on the Sydney Swans and their need for support ...

Is it true that half the Sydney team has half the COLA deal still going - the Coke part?

PS I have a follow up line - so be nice.
...so does Buddy?

(boom tish).

Young blokes seem to be using all the drugs these days. Not my cuppa but current drug laws are about as relevant as 6 o'clock closing. If Franklin enjoys a nose beer he's hardly Robinson Crusoe.

Here I was thinking the AFL wanted to give the Swans an armchair ride.

But instead they've schedulled Carlton to play the 10th best side in the comp in a home final.

Even Weitering is getting off for eye gouging now.

Gil must have a thing for navy.

:$:$:$

Here I was thinking the AFL wanted to give the Swans an armchair ride.

But instead they've schedulled Carlton to play the 10th best side in the comp in a home final.

Even Weitering is getting off for eye gouging now.

Gil must have a thing for navy.

:$:$:$
I mean the last time Carlton played finals* they finished 9th

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back