Would You Trade Bailey Smith?

Remove this Banner Ad

.. it’s his third season?

You telling me two top ten finishes in his first three years in a stacked bulldogs midfield isn’t impressive?

A stacked midfield and successful team makes it easier for an outside player to get cheapies.

The kid thinks he is Judd but at this stage he is Danyle Pearce at the same stage of their careers. Needs to drop the rockstar act and play for the team not himself.

A stacked midfield and successful team makes it easier for an outside player to get cheapies.

The kid thinks he is Judd but at this stage he is Danyle Pearce at the same stage of their careers. Needs to drop the rockstar act and play for the team not himself.
Lol ok.

I get what the OP is saying - you get far more in a trade when moving on a young player who is both proven but also has some further upside. There’s no point looking to trade older players really.

So I guess if the dogs wanted to bring in a gun KPD they would need to give up something significant.

But they shouldn’t be looking to offload Smith for the sake of it. They should, though, keep an open mind about who they could move on if it let them trade in a really essential piece of the puzzle, and that would include Smith along with every other player on the list (well, except Bont).

.. it’s his third season?

You telling me two top ten finishes in his first three years in a stacked bulldogs midfield isn’t impressive?
On a side note, how good life must be for the Bulldogs' 2nd and third tier midfielders??

Seeing Bont, Macrae and Libba in the top 3 really does remind us why Smith runs around unopposed every week.

After the top 3, the opposition still have Hunter, Daniel, Treloar and Dunkley to worry about too!

Screenshot_20210930-123530.png

FIGJAM organised a private booth at a Perth nightclub so they could order Belvedere bottles all night.

If you can't see he is an arrogant twat ahead of himself that isn't conducive to good culture that's on you m8

Is this a serious comment or tongue in cheek? I hope its the latter..
There's surely zero doubt that he puts an enormous focus into his off-field image.

And there's zero doubt that that image is one of a party boy living a glamourous 'Insta worthy' lifestyle.

Whether it's an issue or not, in terms of his footy, who knows?

In days gone by, plenty of team mates and coaches would have bristled at seeing someone so active socially immediately after a massive GF loss, seemingly having moved on very quickly and loving life.

But times have changed. It's highly possible that his teammates don't care. Who knows?

View attachment 1249637

FIGJAM organised a private booth at a Perth nightclub so they could order Belvedere bottles all night.

If you can't see he is an arrogant twat ahead of himself that isn't conducive to good culture that's on you m8
20 year old man wants to have fun. Sue him.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

There's surely zero doubt that he puts an enormous focus into his off-field image.

And there's zero doubt that that image is one of a party boy living a glamourous 'Insta worthy' lifestyle.

Whether it's an issue or not, in terms of his footy, who knows?

In days gone by, plenty of team mates and coaches would have bristled at seeing someone so active socially immediately after a massive GF loss, seemingly having moved on very quickly and loving life.

But times have changed. It's highly possible that his teammates don't care. Who knows?
You made an utterly moronic thread. Let it go.
Your whole posting history is full of seething about the Bulldogs and crying about the umpiring in Bulldogs games.

There's nothing more to add, you just don't know much about football.

You made an utterly moronic thread. Let it go.
Your whole posting history is full of seething about the Bulldogs and crying about the umpiring in Bulldogs games.

There's nothing more to add, you just don't know much about football.

I don't think it's moronic at all.

I would trade him, and I've explained why.

Because you disagree with it, doesn't make it moronic.

Responding to it with such venom, is far closer to moronic behaviour than posting a thread with an opinion.

It’s interesting that at the very time we’re lauding Max Gawn’s leadership and willingness to be himself and not conform as one of the pillars to Melbourne’s success, people are criticising Smith for doing essentially the same thing?

Dane Swan was known as one of the biggest party animals in the AFL, will also go down as one of the greats of his era, and one of Buckley’s biggest criticisms is that he tried to change Swan, instead of managing him like Malthouse did.

Bailey Smith has had an incredible season for third year player. Like any there can be discussions about his strengths and weaknesses as a player and if he’s tradeable, but to suggest that his off field behaviour is part of that is ridiculous. In his career so far he’s gone from strength to strength on field so I don’t see where the suggestion that he’s not working hard enough would come from.

It’s interesting that at the very time we’re lauding Max Gawn’s leadership and willingness to be himself and not conform as one of the pillars to Melbourne’s success, people are criticising Smith for doing essentially the same thing?

Dane Swan was known as one of the biggest party animals in the AFL, will also go down as one of the greats of his era, and one of Buckley’s biggest criticisms is that he tried to change Swan, instead of managing him like Malthouse did.

Bailey Smith has had an incredible season for third year player. Like any there can be discussions about his strengths and weaknesses as a player and if he’s tradeable, but to suggest that his off field behaviour is part of that is ridiculous. In his career so far he’s gone from strength to strength on field so I don’t see where the suggestion that he’s not working hard enough would come from.
The OP of this thread has cried about the Bulldogs non-stop in his posting history. This is just yet another one of his stupid threads.

He's already been called out by like 95% of the posters in this thread.

Are you really comparing 5 X AA Premiership Captain Max Gawn and Brownlow medallist / three X Copeland trophy winner Dane Swan to Bailey Smith?

That's the issue. Smith acts like these superstars and he's delivered not a hell of a lot so far other than a shit load of Instagram followers. No one is doubting his talent but maybe get a top 5 finish in a B &, F before you go acting like a rock star

Are you really comparing 5 X AA Premiership Captain Max Gawn and Brownlow medallist / three X Copeland trophy winner Dane Swan to Bailey Smith?

That's the issue. Smith acts like these superstars and he's delivered not a hell of a lot so far other than a sh*t load of Instagram followers. No one is doubting his talent but maybe get a top 5 finish in a B &, F before you go acting like a rock star
Nice to see you're still seething over being taught a lesson in the qualifying final.

I don't think it's moronic at all.

I would trade him, and I've explained why.

Because you disagree with it, doesn't make it moronic.

Responding to it with such venom, is far closer to moronic behaviour than posting a thread with an opinion.

You don’t think it’s moronic because you are used to trading out young talented players at your club cause none of them want to stay there, that’s why it will be gone within the next 5 years.

There are a lot of people who assume that being open to trading someone means they are no good. Surely the opposite is true, in that if they are no good then they are not tradeable?

Right now, you'd get more in a trade for Smith than he has actually achieved. He has been an exceptionally good player for someone 20 years old, though his 7th in the B&F is probably an accurate reflection of his output.

If you could trade him for Weitering, who fills a more fitting need and who's potential ceiling is lower but output is potentially slightly ahead of Smith's (it doesn't really matter if that is true or not for the sake of this thread) would that be a good trade for the Dogs?

Should teams be more open to trade players when their market value is higher than their output? Especially when the team has a surplus. It's worth more real conversation than this thread has given it.

Would I have wanted Richmond to trade Deledio when he was a jet 20yo and a rising star winner? Possibly not, though we would have got a deal that resemembeld him being an elite player rather than the very good player he ended up being.

Remove this Banner Ad

Would You Trade Bailey Smith?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back