Autopsy Wowzers - Rd 15, 2019

Remove this Banner Ad

I'm not getting too worked up about it. Happy to write it down as an aberration that occurs every so often.

Been okay IF we Tried but there was no Effort so something is Rotten at Collingwood

What game in 2010 did we have like that?

Had a shocker against the Saints early in the season, Cats touched us up, and I hated the draw against the snow bunnies.

Well done to north. Played with spirit and hardness that we don't seem to have or want.

It's a pretty simple game. Go hard at the ball and win the contest. North did it all night while we ran around like headless chickens looking for a bruise free contest. Grundy and the the backline can hold their heads up. The mids and forwards (except degoey) can go and bathe in their on bath water because that's what they've been doing the past few weeks.

Alastair Clarkson must be licking his lips at facing Buckley next week. He will pick our limp game plan apart like Swiss cheese.

They want to be prepared for the coming weeks as North just exposed our soft underbelly, teams are going to ramp up the physicality after watching us wilt like Daisies. Soft. Fragile.

#Don'tlikeitrough

Don’t lie now. I’ve been suggesting replacements all year.

But now it’s way too late. There’s too many injuries to start dropping players now. We had a chance to bring in players and make some positional changes in an attempt to turn our form around.

We could have brought in Goldsack, Quaynor, Appleby and pushed Crisp and Maynard up the field which might have allowed us to drop Phillips or Mayne or Thomas.

Daicos could have come in faaaaaar earlier. Also at the expense of any one of the above. Fact is, almost no one in this time is fearful of losing their place in the side which means there’s little incentive to improve heir own form.
What's to say we wouldn't have had those injuries anyway? Sorry you are way off.

Name the players that have deserved opportunities before? I can only think of three: Crocker? played well today. Wills got his opportunity, Broomhead is the only one as IQ, ATU,T Brown are not ready. Appleby has been injured, Goldsack has not gotten near to his best. Do you even follow or go to VFL games?

But anyway go ahead and name who else should have been promoted?

The only one I can think of is that perhaps Daicos should have gotten an opportunity sooner in lieu of Thomas.

I don't agree about the backline. They had 25 scoring shots and our backs were caught too far up the round on turnovers. Look at the forward marks and then tell me the backline were OK

No back line will hold up when their comrades upfield are given a hiding like that.

Nah he definitely shirked it

Which is unlike him but short stepping is contagious even our hard nuts started doing it thats how scared North players had our team. They felt out muscled clearly.

Need Adams back in badly to lead the aggression stakes back into the side, think we have a few too many "nice guys" around the contest atm.

I am embarrassed to call myself a Collingwood Supporter tonight

**** your dramatic

Anyway..

Pies were putrid, have been playing crap footy for majority games this year, feels like we play 1 good quarter.

Buckley needs to bring Quayner in we have no run apart from Crisp in the back line, watching live tonight really put our game plan into perspective if where not getting the switch we just can't move the footy.

Pies after HT started to go through the middle more but it was all to late the team were shot.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

**** your dramatic

Anyway..

Pies were putrid, have been playing crap footy for majority games this year, feels like we play 1 good quarter.

Buckley needs to bring Quayner in we have no run apart from Crisp in the back line, watching live tonight really put our game plan into perspective if where not getting the switch we just can't move the footy.

Pies after HT started to go through the middle more but it was all to late the team were shot.
Nobel will play before Quaynor.

We have persisted with soft football for too long.

Ground ball 50/50 too many of our players either try to grab and skirt the contest or a happy to be the tackler rather than the ball winner.

Tackling has been horrendous and too many players are guarding the ball carrier like they are playing basketball instead of tackling.

It seems more and more players are getting in to this trend as the year rolls on. Outside the first half against Melbourne this has been the norm with most the team since round 6.

The old Alan Didak trick to avoid going in hard.

Had a similar amount of injuries last year and were still playing a good, positive brand of footy with heart.

I don’t know what the **** the coaches have changed this year, but we’ve lost all dare and look like a mediocre spineless and slow team more often than not.

Change it back. Whatever your tweaks, they’re f*cking dumb, don’t work and never will. Players look dispirited like they don’t believe in the gameplan anymore. Have done for at least 6 weeks now and the stats bear that out.

I don’t usually post after losses and move on pretty quickly. But this performance has me f*cking angry.

He's reverted back to the chip kick Hawks style out of defence remember pre 2018 he said we had a mix of dogs tackle game and hawks def 50 ball movement as our mish mash plan.

It looks more and more like we have gone back to it or something similar.

Whatever. Hope you don’t go blind in that one eye you have left.
Who was the other one? Sheppard? it's not even sport, well unless you get lonely during the winter months eh, but that's just between you and the spring dew.

Recent wins have masked the cracks in our performances, however, tonights game tore the bandaid off. We were beaten in every area.

-5 Clearances (39/44)
-7 CC (6/13)
-28 I50's (36/64)
-9 MI50 (5/14)
-8 Tackles

This year we average 49 points scoring from turnovers - tonight we scored 9 (NM score 69 of 81 points from turnovers)
Tonight we had 5 MI50. We lead the AFL with an average of 14. We kicked one goal from MI50
We had a total of 4 tackles I50. We average 16
We averaged 79 disposals per goal compared to NM's 37

Sier had 0% DE by foot (4 kicks)
Thomas had 1 effective kick from his 4 kicks
Cox had 1 effective kick from 3 kicks
Brown had 1 effective kick from 4 kicks
Treloar had 14 kicks in his 40 possessions, however only 7 kicks were effective. For such a high possession winner he has no impact on the game and his poor disposal is masked by the amount of possessions he has.

Not disputing what you're saying but Cox kicked 2 goals didn't he so he had to have had 2 effective kicks.

Yes, I saw that - platform 9? The strange thing was the escalator on the other side was free so we just did a quick 2 step to the right and went down that one to platforms 9 & 10. Ridiculous but not unheard of lunacy from PTV staff.
Yep platform 9, they should have just turned it off and allowed people to use it as stairs.

No Langdon and Howe has turned us into a riskless team of defensive flooders, who then try and handball our way up the ground to a sparse forward line.

Works every now and again when we get De Goey on out, but we are getting walloped for territory and in the middle.

The season is now starting to slip away, the same old injury issues and mismanagement has bitten us in the arse again.

We've done a great job to be second, but let's be honest no one comes second like we do. It's only one loss but this one has exposed us big time.

Degoey one out inside f50, is too much of a one trick poney to win a flag off that as our bread and butter. It will get shut down and not give us a score to win (even if he kicks 4).

This year we average 49 points scoring from turnovers - tonight we scored 9 (NM score 69 of 81 points from turnovers)
I'm not surprised by NM's figure it seemed we either kicked it back to them or they beat us once it hit the ground after we kicked to a contest for most of the night.

He's reverted back to the chip kick Hawks style out of defence remember pre 2018 he said we had a mix of dogs tackle game and hawks def 50 ball movement as our mish mash plan.

It looks more and more like we have gone back to it or something similar.

I think we are a side that plays well when motivated and excited and moving ball quickly. We get bored and uninspired trying to play precision, risk free footy. It's not us. Our best is always hectic.

Remove this Banner Ad

Autopsy Wowzers - Rd 15, 2019

Remove this Banner Ad

Back