VFL VFL round 15 v Frankston. Sunday July 7 1:05pm @ Kinetic stadium

Remove this Banner Ad

Given they only took one player off at half time, I assume that means they expect Cameron and IQ to be fine.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Cameron got the all clear with scans, but clearly he is very sore, not sure about IQ, toe injury
If Cameron is in anyway incapacitated, I would rest him, play Frampton as ruck ( cats rucks are not that good ) play both Reef and Johnson. Allows either Krueger or Johnson to be 2nd ruck

No one from the VFL side would have replaced those 2 anyway, you wouldn't think.

Noble should be back & I guess Frampton would ruck if Cameron not available.
McInnes will replace Mihocek. It’s all but confirmed given he sat out most of the match despite being needed.

Noble will very likely not be back as there’s not enough time given the time out period starts the day after, not day of.

Iliro not ready for AFL. Only other VFL names who could return are Macrae and Sullivan.

Whatever, you laughed at your own comment, take that as you will. There’s no chance Reef will be playing seniors I’ll put my house on it.
This is a poor take and just as well it isn’t a real bet.

If he’s not playing, why did he sit out for most of the match when he was fit? Especially when Eyre went down with concussion?

Lol. You think they took him off for that reason?

In the VFL, and you think they take a player off so he can recover some form? Where, on the bench?

They'd keep him on the ground for the remainder of the match. Not take him off.

Btw : Reef kicked 2 goals & had 9 tackles last week. Hardly what I'd call invisible.
Agreed. One of our best performers last week, Reef.

Reef wasn’t the issue today. There were other problems that explained his four disposals and they’ve been listed above.

McInnes will replace Mihocek. It’s all but confirmed given he sat out most of the match despite being needed.

Noble will very likely not be back as there’s not enough time given the time out period starts the day after, not day of.

Iliro not ready for AFL. Only other VFL names who could return are Macrae and Sullivan.
Reef was taken off at half time, so that's not a revelation he'd be selected for Checkers.

Noble was concussed on 29th. 11 days from 30th means his 11 days is up by Wed 10/7. Game is on Friday 12/7.

No way Roo is ready, hence why I said Frampton to ruck if Cameron is out.

Sullivan & Fin don't help us for either of the 2 players that Jen mentioned : IQ/Cameron.

Oh clearly because he hasn’t touched the footy in a half, was barely visible last week and deserves a recall. I’m sure he’ll be playing but in the VFL.
I'd place him back in the seniors without hesitation regardless of his VFL form and numbers. We know he can handle the higher level and he usually impacts the scoreboard. We don't have too many athletic 194 cm players left to consider.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

No one from the VFL side would have replaced those 2 anyway, you wouldn't think.

Noble should be back & I guess Frampton would ruck if Cameron not available.
Just like not putting oscar in the deep end last year, they wont do the same to Smit until he is ready.
Even if it meant having frampton ruck

Not everyone can do that and I hate people who Bag fans for Leaving Early

There more then just 1 Reason to leave

I stay to the End in Most Games and IF I leave Early be about 10-15 Minute mark of the last Qtr and we are like 5-10 Goals Down
I get it Dave, but you wouldn't leave early in the last quarter if we were winning. It can be tough swallowing a bad loss with feral fans giving you shit but I think the very definition of band wagon is jumping off the ride when the crap hits the fan.

I copped a big backlash for having a go at the early leavers during the Swans game at the G. We were only two games away from one of the greatest days of our lives-surely the supporters can stick out a rare loss (at that stage of Fly's era) without spitting the dummy and storming out of the ground.

The optics are terrible too as you see the fans streaming out of the aisles and the opposition giving them a send off. Like friendship- it's easy to be there when it's all fun and partying. The test comes when the down times arrive.

VFL performances, minus reef who was on very limited minutes and rested in the 2nd half.

Macrae - 30 disposals, 7 tackles, 5 clearances, 1 goal, 5 score involvements @ 83% Efficiency
Sullivan - 31 disposals, 6 tackles, 7 clearances @ 74% efficiency
Bytel - 29 disposals, 5 tackles, 5 clearances, 3 inside 50's, 6 score involvements @ 62% efficiency
Allan - 22 disposals, 3 marks, 2 clearances
Jiath - 16 disposals, 3 marks, 5 intercepts
Johnson - 13 disposals, 5 goals, 7 marks, 4 tackles, 9 score involvements
DeMattia - 11 disposals, 2 tackles, 2 score involvements
Smit - 10 disposals, 35 hitouts, 4 clearances, 6 tackles, 3 score involvements
Eyre - 7 disposals, 1 goal, 3 marks, 3 hitouts

VFL performances, minus reef who was on very limited minutes and rested in the 2nd half.

Macrae - 30 disposals, 7 tackles, 5 clearances, 1 goal, 5 score involvements @ 83% Efficiency
Sullivan - 31 disposals, 6 tackles, 7 clearances @ 74% efficiency
Bytel - 29 disposals, 5 tackles, 5 clearances, 3 inside 50's, 6 score involvements @ 92% efficiency
Allan - 22 disposals, 3 marks, 2 clearances
Jiath - 16 disposals, 3 marks, 5 intercepts
Johnson - 13 disposals, 5 goals, 7 marks, 4 tackles, 9 score involvements
DeMattia - 11 disposals, 2 tackles, 2 score involvements
Smit - 10 disposals, 35 hitouts, 4 clearances, 6 tackles, 3 score involvements
Eyre - 7 disposals, 1 goal, 3 marks, 3 hitouts
I didn't watch the game, but it's weird seeing these stats & reading some of the comments..

Bytel 29 disposals @ 92% efficiency.

Remove this Banner Ad

VFL VFL round 15 v Frankston. Sunday July 7 1:05pm @ Kinetic stadium

Remove this Banner Ad

Back