WRFL Div 2 Discussion 2024

Remove this Banner Ad

Great story man, tell ya kids they wpuld love to hear it
Why is it as soon as you hear a game is called off, your thoughts automatically think or drift towards Newport are going to be involved.

Why did they spilt from the juniors, probably tells a story there.

Why is it as soon as you hear a game is called off, your thoughts automatically think or drift towards Newport are going to be involved.

Best thing that happened to Newport was they split from the juniors. Can only go by facts, top 4 in the seniors and promoted to Div 1, 1st in the reserves and 3rd in the 18s in Div 1. Not sure why there was a split but i recon god riddence

Last edited:

Promoted unfairly. Joke of a set up down there. Pack mentality at its best.
Who have the pack mentality, and joke set up is it the league. I assume the league offered the top four teams an automatic pass to Divy 1, at least they’re keen to go up and test themselves. I assume Albion and Sunsjinw will be joining them in Divy 1. At least there not afraid to test themselves. Rather have a Newport than a Parkside who fold like a deck of cards when things get hard.

Newport have the pack mentality. Have you ever been to their home ground? Putting them in Div 1 proves the WRFL has lost the plot.

Have heard from numerous people now who were at the game that this was Newport initiated. As KINGBUDDY said a bit of push and shove before half time that was broken up, then continued on by Newport. Umpires had enough and called the game off, fair enough.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Best thing that happened to Newport was they split from the juniors. Can only go by facts, top 4 in the seniors and promoted to Div 1, 1st in the reserves and 3rd in the 18s in Div 1. Not sure why there was a split but i recon god riddence
Pretty simple, the senior coach was using the juniors money to pay his mates overs.

Juniors went from having $400k to $50k in a few years, so the juniors booted them.

Have heard from numerous people now who were at the game that this was Newport initiated. As KINGBUDDY said a bit of push and shove before half time that was broken up, then continued on by Newport. Umpires had enough and called the game off, fair enough.
And they are coming to div1. Can we honestly think this behaviour will improve the league?

Pretty simple, the senior coach was using the juniors money to pay his mates overs.

Juniors went from having $400k to $50k in a few years, so the juniors booted them.
That’s a lot of money for a junior club to have and also a lot of money for seniors to blow in a few years. If it’s true it happened at few clubs

There must have agreements from the committee to spend/use that money on the Seniors.

Will be interesting to see how Newport raise funds to pay Divy 1 players

And they are coming to div1. Can we honestly think this behaviour will improve the league?
Let’s see if the league actually do anything this time, will investigate find it wasn’t that bad. Warn both clubs, possibly finds, and move on, with nothing to see here attitude.

That’s a lot of money for a junior club to have and also a lot of money for seniors to blow in a few years. If it’s true it happened at few clubs

There must have agreements from the committee to spend/use that money on the Seniors.

Will be interesting to see how Newport raise funds to pay Divy 1 players
The seniors were established from the Newport power juniors after 15 or so years from the junior inception.

They started as all one club and it ended with a junior consortium getting together and booting them out.

There's a lot of wealthy people down at the juniors and they could see the seniors weren't generating any money and were getting lazy about it because they thought they had a bottomless pit.

They had a heap of money in the bank up until the seniors came along.

So the spectators who ran onto the field pushed and jumper punched Newport players were from Newport to get the game called off?

Game wasn’t called off for the push and shove was from spectators running onto the ground who ran from the sunshine heights bench side.

Not saying Newport aren’t typically involved in these incidents but don’t spread crap to crap on another side if you have no intel.

“Numerous people” - could you quote your sources? Because mine come from my pair of eyes that were present at the game

So the spectators who ran onto the field pushed and jumper punched Newport players were from Newport to get the game called off?

Game wasn’t called off for the push and shove was from spectators running onto the ground who ran from the sunshine heights bench side.

Not saying Newport aren’t typically involved in these incidents but don’t spread crap to crap on another side if you have no intel.

“Numerous people” - could you quote your sources? Because mine come from my pair of eyes that were present at the game
But King Buddy said it was nothing more than players pushing and shoving, now we hear spectators involved. No wonder the umpires called it off. Horrible behaviour that can happen in this division at times. Probably being at played at heights they had the most spectators. 😄.

You really expect me to name names here? Come on ;)
Funnily enough in my original post that got removed by admin i mentioned that spectators ran onto the field and I got called a flog by KINGBUDDY for making stuff up, now you are validating my post.

Stand by my words only a bit of push ans shove between players. If heights bench got close it was to push players out. If it was out of control the phone would have been out for the socials

You really expect me to name names here? Come on ;)
Funnily enough in my original post that got removed by admin i mentioned that spectators ran onto the field and I got called a flog by KINGBUDDY for making stuff up, now you are validating my post.

From what I read kingbuddys comment got taken out of context. I do agree with him that the “melee” was nothing but push and shove.
Absolutely nothing in it in my eyes.

As for calling it off it was due to spectators running on albeit they didn’t do much but the look of them invading the pitch was grounds to call it off.

But to blame Newport is nothing but a cop out to just shame the club further for speculated reputation. In fact, from what I’ve been told Newport were awarded the win after review of the incident itself so take that how you will.

From what I read kingbuddys comment got taken out of context. I do agree with him that the “melee” was nothing but push and shove.
Absolutely nothing in it in my eyes.

As for calling it off it was due to spectators running on albeit they didn’t do much but the look of them invading the pitch was grounds to call it off.

But to blame Newport is nothing but a cop out to just shame the club further for speculated reputation. In fact, from what I’ve been told Newport were awarded the win after review of the incident itself so take that how you will.

Big game this week...Newport v Sunshine

Players to watch..?

Who wins?

Remove this Banner Ad

WRFL Div 2 Discussion 2024

Remove this Banner Ad

Back