WRFL Div 2 Discussion 2024

Remove this Banner Ad

Centrals are 0 chance of moving to WFNL..

They are competitive in the RDFNL, ladder position aside a lot of their games are within 4-5 goals.

If South and Gisbone Giants join RDFNL Centrals will win another 4 games next year.

Interesting move for East Sunbury but I like it. Opens the door for the Melton, Diggers and Sunbury teams joining WFNL one day.
Haha they will win another 4 games. Love the expectations though.

It’s strange you keep pushing the Centrals to move West narrative, there is no logical reason. Is that what Souths want ? The Riddell clubs want them, and that is a league you can turn things around in one summer.

Saying Ballarat is levels above WRFL is a massive stretch. Souths would be a better fit for Riddell I agree, but they would need to improve ALOT to be any threat currently
Gremlin, Clubs like Melton, East Point, Darley, Nth Ballarat would not lose a game in WRFL and be 10 goals better than any side. It’s way above WRFL.

Yes agree can turn things around quickly in one summer by dropping to lower rated leagues no doubt..Also agree they would need to pick up a few..

Gremlin, Clubs like Melton, East Point, Darley, Nth Ballarat would not lose a game in WRFL and be 10 goals better than any side. It’s way above WRFL.

Yes agree can turn things around quickly in one summer by dropping to lower rated leagues no doubt..Also agree they would need to pick up a few..
You are correct, BFNL is a higher grade.

You are correct, BFNL is a higher grade.
Don't think anyone disagrees, of course BFL is a higher level to the WFNL but Turbo said "lots of levels above the WFNL" or similar words, that's where I disagree - assuming we're talking WFNL D1.

Yes mate it’s way above WRFL div1. The money paid to some coaches in BFL is 1/2 the cap of WRFL 😄😄
Yet only just prior to the Covid years, the old WRFL defeated the BFL and both were ranked next to each other in the Community Football Championships. They were the days when Deer Park refused its players playing Interleague.

I acknowledge the BFL is of a higher standing, but I think it's closer than your "lots of levels" above the WFNL and I'm sticking up for the WFNL, not a lot of people do.

Great comments Dogs.

Lavo to Sunbury is a rough 35 minute drive, I wouldn’t have thought doing that drive once a year would be an issue for most sides.

If ES join the WRFL with the side they have they will beat plenty don’t worry about that, lots of good people at ES I hope it works out for them.
Think that’s what they would be aiming for. A bit of success and reward for the blokes who have stuck around and hopefully build a good winning culture which attracts players.

Player retention a massive problem for all sunbury sides bar the lions atm. Such a small pool to draw from with 5 sides including diggers within 10km of eachother.

If east decide to go wrfl they will have a point of difference from kangas and rupo who have just been relegated into same Div. think it’s a smart move and hope it works out.

Reserves Game between Braybrook V West Footscray game played at Pennell Reserve on Saturday.
My last quarter video.

How many good players do South have Turbo ? They are not even competitive at BFL level and it’s been that way for years, and no shortage of cash. Whichever path they choose they need to sort out within or it won’t matter where they go
South have probably 4-5 players that'd walk into most sides, the problem has been in attracting & retaining talent to build a competitive side, they continue to look at the sugar hit of ex-AFL talent that tends to fail & see decent local players head for the Bloods, RDFNL etc..
Yet only just prior to the Covid years, the old WRFL defeated the BFL and both were ranked next to each other in the Community Football Championships. They were the days when Deer Park refused its players playing Interleague.

I acknowledge the BFL is of a higher standing, but I think it's closer than your "lots of levels" above the WFNL and I'm sticking up for the WFNL, not a lot of people do.
IIRC that was around 2016 but I wouldn't worry too much either way, we certainly haven't appointed Turbo as our spokesman.
While we're all proud of/invested in our leagues, it really makes no difference how they stack up against eachother IMO.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Melton South would be more than competitive in Division 2 I’d say top 3-4

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Think that’s what they would be aiming for. A bit of success and reward for the blokes who have stuck around and hopefully build a good winning culture which attracts players.

Player retention a massive problem for all sunbury sides bar the lions atm. Such a small pool to draw from with 5 sides including diggers within 10km of eachother.

If east decide to go wrfl they will have a point of difference from kangas and rupo who have just been relegated into same Div. think it’s a smart move and hope it works out.
Alot of good people at the thunder. I hope whatever their plan is it works out for them because as mentioned there are people there who deserve to see some success.

Can't see the Kangaroos hanging around in the EDFL for much longer but they won't be heading for the WFNL.

On SM-G970F using BigFooty.com mobile app

Last edited:
3 coaches in 3 years 4 presidents in 2 years.

I know the last assistant coach who helped bring in players and sponsors and they wouldn’t clear him when he helped them for free as assistant coach and treated him like crap.

Honestly who would help this rabble?

Seeing the clowns doing shoeys after beating North Sunshine was embarrassing
Is that 3 in 3 years?

3 coaches in 3 years 4 presidents in 2 years.

I know the last assistant coach who helped bring in players and sponsors and they wouldn’t clear him when he helped them for free as assistant coach and treated him like crap.

Honestly who would help this rabble?

Seeing the clowns doing shoeys after beating North Sunshine was embarrassing
Hahahahaha always 2 sides of the story mate; and who cares how they celebrated, long time between drinks and they also beat tarniet so wasn't just 1, someone will turn the club around

Can't see either Albanvale or the Suns causing an upset in the D2 finals.

Both up from D3 and have beaten a couple of 2023 D2 teams to make it so good on them.

Cobras always been a solid club and Suns on the up, interesting next season without the 3 going up how far these 2 can go. Would be remarkable if the Suns win it in 2025 given they're only 7-8 years old. No promotion next year though.

Both up from D3 and have beaten a couple of 2023 D2 teams to make it so good on them.

Cobras always been a solid club and Suns on the up, interesting next season without the 3 going up how far these 2 can go. Would be remarkable if the Suns win it in 2025 given they're only 7-8 years old. No promotion next year though.
Glad you are giving Albanvale the kudos they deserve. For the last probably 20 years they've hardly missed finals in D2 or D3. Seems like a pretty loyal bunch of blokes playing down there.

Wouldn’t discount the brookers as well. Finished on equal points and a smidge percentage out of finals this year after a tough year last year. Geoff Maddern just signed on for another year. Would be great to see a historic western suburbs team such as the brookers return to division 1 football.

Wouldn’t discount the brookers as well. Finished on equal points and a smidge percentage out of finals this year after a tough year last year. Geoff Maddern just signed on for another year. Would be great to see a historic western suburbs team such as the brookers return to division 1 football.
Will never happen in my life 🫢😉😉

having played senior footy in both leagues recently, I’ve found the BFL to be far stronger currently..

I think the WRFL has become significantly weaker in the last couple of years in particular, the top 7 in Ballarat would likely beat the ladder leaders Werribee and Caroline Springs by 6-10 goals and you’d find they’re about on par with the teams just missing finals in the BFL

having played senior footy in both leagues recently, I’ve found the BFL to be far stronger currently..

I think the WRFL has become significantly weaker in the last couple of years in particular, the top 7 in Ballarat would likely beat the ladder leaders Werribee and Caroline Springs by 6-10 goals and you’d find they’re about on par with the teams just missing finals in the BFL
👍👍

Remove this Banner Ad

WRFL Div 2 Discussion 2024

Remove this Banner Ad

Back