WRFL Div. 2 Season 2008 and Beyond

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
wingy back, which is a massive
david connell who will b very handy
glen downs back from his Euro trip
a few very good kids who have come up from u18s
a few other names i cant share with the big footy world but i promise u my friend we will go alright..

Sounds good Karim
Ran in to a few of the lads at the tavern on Sunday, and from all reports given by them, the Cobras are gonna be a force to reckon with in 08.
Have they made u skipper yet? :D

hey karim hows my mate ramzi goin???

is that big oiled up peacock playing again this year? i think he has done 2 preseasons with u guys and played about 5 games all up

isnt azza at heights? havnt seen ramzi for ages champ pretty sure ill b seeing alot of him when the season starts :p

mate from the sound of things down at cole reserves with the players you have picked up you will be in the 2s !:eek: hahaha you know i couldnt play in the backline if i tried mate but i will give it a crack !! :D:D

chris went back to bundoora last year and was having a good pre season until he discoved that his ankle was still wrecked from the albanvale game... i thought he was full of it but he had a full reco last november and missed the whole year.. turns out i was wrong. yeah we got some praccy matches coming up .. how about you guys ?

Bad new for chris mint good player and nice guy .

I was just thinking im surprised they gave you a job at N Footscray after you nearly killed that bloke they had to call an ambo for remember ??
is he still there he must of had flashbacks when you walked in!! ha ha:thumbsu: :)

Heard a little bit of footy news tonight.

North Sunshine still struggling to get numbers at training, averaging 8-10 players a night.

Albanvale had had big numbers at training averaging about 40 per session.

West are about to fall over. Expect a raft of clearances soon.

North Sunshine still struggling to get numbers at training, averaging 8-10 players a night.

albanvale had had................????..........lol

it just tells the clubs who are looking to win the premiership have to be fairdinkum when signing up the right recruits to first win the flag in div 2 and then keep hold of them when going up with the big boys, and also keep enough in the kitty to get a few big named players once they have gone up.........yes its great to win a flag and get promoted but when you look at west/nth sunshine who have been back for a couple of years now in my opinion its very dissapointing they cant stay afloat after being the best team in div 2 in their respected years.........

it just shows the difference between div 1 and div 2..........$$$$$$$$
every 1 talks about the $$$$$$ some clubs are paying but in all fairness $$$$$$$ is what you need to survive first in div 2 to win the flag and then you need more $$$$$$ going into the top comp.........anyone elses thoughts.......?

hey cole reserve, where have you been your a little quiet lately. Heard on the grape vine you have a practise games this week. Are any of your new gun recuirts playing tonight. Do you reckon you guys will have enough numbers.

hey cole reserve, where have you been your a little quiet lately. Heard on the grape vine you have a practise games this week. Are any of your new gun recuirts playing tonight. Do you reckon you guys will have enough numbers.

Just a hit out organised for tonight over 4 quarters - will have some newbies having a game and yes will have numbers.

Send me a pm for more detail.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Kinglake, your guys going to know how to get there, heard they are not the brainest bunch of ppl. Anyway going luck might be more umpires there than district boys no offence.

Districts will get a side up there easy mate like ive said in other posts not the same team and not the same mentality as other years .

And how are you suddenly an expert on districts anyway ???? my guess by your post is you know jack shit mate ( no offence:p )

I passed by the Devils last night, not bad numbers seen a few onlookers checking things out.......any rumours on new recruits down there at the devils ?

Ay Devil, i heard jamie lane signed up at north and larry bringing some players with him, they should be competative, albanvale and coburg are intersting, they get da players but they just dont get the job done.

Good to hear north is strong again, heights have had a fair few at traing and parkside may be the suprise packet.

It good teams are doing well early in the season as it makes it a good comp.

West are really struggling, i mean at the point of folding which is quiet sad, they should stick together as the worst situation is when a good club closes its doors.

Yeah I think there was about 30-35 on the track last night. 5-6 new players signed for 08' with a few more to come.
well if you are going to be so strong red devil1 when west and sed yarra are so called to be folding i wood imagine u will put your hand up to fill one of the vacancies????????????????

well if you are going to be so strong red devil1 when west and sed yarra are so called to be folding i wood imagine u will put your hand up to fill one of the vacancies????????????????

I am never said we were going to be really strong. Hard to know, but I do think we will be up thereabouts again in 08'!

Folding? I think you are being little dramatic there.

West may look to come back to 2nd division if the rumours are correct. If so, the league will ask Parkside, then Sunshine Heights to fill the vacancy. Wouldn't be shocked if Parkside were back in Division 1 this season.

other than pakside i cant imagine anyone going up without winning the flag might be a good topic of conversation
do you think your club would decide to go up if given a free pass up to first division?

other than pakside i cant imagine anyone going up without winning the flag might be a good topic of conversation
do you think your club would decide to go up if given a free pass up to first division?

Another rumor going around the traps is that the Div 1 clubs have voted that they dont wont Parkside to return. They would prefer a Bye.

Dont think the league would be to impressed with 8 teams only. Purely because they are money hungry.

hey coles reserve, could not make it last night and you give us a quick update

Started with mainly the reserves guys and were slow out the blocks being 5+goals down midway through the 2nd qtr but as the changes were made and the senior players came on we applied scoreboard pressure and ran away with the game.

Overall the hitout achieved its purpose and the guys enjoyed the gameday pressures as well as confirming that a few of the new guys can play.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back