Racing WS Cox Plate 2024

Remove this Banner Ad

Either POJ gaps them around that goat track or she tows Prognosis right into it

Prognosis has panels on everything we have going around here so with a strong Jenni tempo should go full Lys Gracieux on them on the turn. Via Sistina was the one who looked like she could have a level good enough off her Euro form but geez not off today

Prognosis has panels on everything we have going around here so with a strong Jenni tempo should go full Lys Gracieux on them on the turn. Via Sistina was the one who looked like she could have a level good enough off her Euro form but geez not off today
I think I’m going to treat Prognosis like LG
each week after punting whatever funds have left in there just keeping backing it antepost

So if POJ jumps and does her thing she will be multiple lengths in front at the 800m mark unless she goes full QE but I’d think the jockeys will try to not let that happen again. Even looked that way on the weekend with Antino going early to keep POJ closer which helped MB.

Watching a few of the replays of the Cox Plate they really jump out of the gates and go hard trying to get a spot before the first turn, rest for about a furlong or two and then just ramp up the pressure to the line.

Then we have Prognosis that will more than likely miss the kick and be last by a length or two off the field with ViaSis somewhere in the middle. Prognosis needs to go around them early and then ViaSis will have to come in behind Prognosis to have any chance. If Prognosis doesn’t start his run early he won’t catch POJ. If Via Sis doesn’t track up behind Prognosis then nothing else is going to tow it into the race.

Me Brightside had a dream run last year and if it was wet with a similar barrier can’t see why it can’t have another good run going off the weekends performance.

Have a few multis going with Via Sistina but jeez it looks tough for it to win with POJ in the race.

Going to be a cracker race this year with all the different variables. POJ makes it so interesting

Want James to run Braodsiding for a fatter price on POJ and the Jap horse. Every year rec punters get a sword for a 3YO with no weight. Tough race to win as a 3YO

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

There's only been 3 3yo winners in 20 years

3yos didn't contest 5 of those races so they are 3 wins out of a possible 15 races from 24 runners and a 145% ROI in that time. They have had another 7 minor placings in that time as well meaning 42% of 3yos who have run have finished in the top 3

2023 - 2 runners (UNP)
2022 - No runners
2021 - 2 runners (2nd, UNP)
2020 - 1 runner (UNP)
2019 - 1 runner (2nd)
2018 - No runners
2017 - 1 runner (UNP)
2016 - 1 runner (3rd)
2015 - No runners
2014 - 3 runners (UNP)
2013 - 2 runners (1st, UNP) $21 SP
2012 - 3 runners (2nd, 3rd, UNP)
2011 - 1 runner (UNP)
2010 - No runners
2009 - 2 runners (1st, 2nd) $13 SP
2008 - 1 runner (3rd)
2007 - No runners
2006 - 1 runner (UNP)
2005 - 2 runners (UNP)
2004 - 1 runner (1st) $15 SP

3yos didn't contest 5 of those races so they are 3 wins out of a possible 15 races from 24 runners and a 145% ROI in that time. They have had another 7 minor placings in that time as well meaning 42% of 3yos who have run have finished in the top 3

2023 - 2 runners (UNP)
2022 - No runners
2020 - 1 runner (UNP)
2019 - 1 runner (2nd)
2018 - No runners
2017 - 1 runner (UNP)
2016 - 1 runner (3rd)
2015 - No runners
2014 - 3 runners (UNP)
2011 - 1 runner (UNP)
2010 - No runners
2008 - 1 runner (3rd)
2007 - No runners
2006 - 1 runner (UNP)
2005 - 2 runners (UNP)
I take your point

2023 - 2 runners (UNP)
2022 - No runners
2020 - 1 runner (UNP)
2019 - 1 runner (2nd)
2018 - No runners
2017 - 1 runner (UNP)
2016 - 1 runner (3rd)
2015 - No runners
2014 - 3 runners (UNP)
2011 - 1 runner (UNP)
2010 - No runners
2008 - 1 runner (3rd)
2007 - No runners
2006 - 1 runner (UNP)
2005 - 2 runners (UNP)
Damm real statistics ruining another man's dream 😆

HK Romantic Warrior >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> AUS Romantic Warrior
Do you think come race day we get a better price?

If.. Via wins this week and broadsiding wins the Guineas, they both come in a bit..
Brightside takes the easy path and wins the race CC day.. Caulfield stakes or whatever it’s called.. might come in?

I’am definitely no expert, but is there much concern with prognosis, apparently it can be a bit sloppy out of the gate. Or do you think it might just take a sit, 3 back with Jenni going bananas out front, and swoop them all?

I just remember listening to Purton on RSN and he said the horse is not the most straight forward horse.

Do you think come race day we get a better price?

If.. Via wins this week and broadsiding wins the Guineas, they both come in a bit..
Brightside takes the easy path and wins the race CC day.. Caulfield stakes or whatever it’s called.. might come in?

I’am definitely no expert, but is there much concern with prognosis, apparently it can be a bit sloppy out of the gate. Or do you think it might just take a sit, 3 back with Jenni going bananas out front, and swoop them all?

I just remember listening to Purton on RSN and he said the horse is not the most straight forward horse.

Couldn't imagine so. Romantic Warrior stunk it up first up here and they still piled into him on the day. The good overseas ones usually get truckloaded on the day late.

If Broadsiding or VS go huge at their next runs then they might take a good chunk out of the pointy end of the market. Mr B winning a glorified listed quality race as a $1.50 chance won't move the needle on him.

He is a barrier rogue and will definitely miss the kick and be in the last couple early but he does it all the time so little point worrying about it given he still puts up performances that would be beating our horses easily with that style

Couldn't imagine so. Romantic Warrior stunk it up first up here and they still piled into him on the day. The good overseas ones usually get truckloaded on the day late.

If Broadsiding or VS go huge at their next runs then they might take a good chunk out of the pointy end of the market. Mr B winning a glorified listed quality race as a $1.50 chance won't move the needle on him.

He is a barrier rogue and will definitely miss the kick and be in the last couple early but he does it all the time so little point worrying about it given he still puts up performances that would be beating our horses easily with that style
He’s best horse by a mile in this race is Prognosis

I’ll be on him too

Concern though is if gets far back that joke of a 180m straight might see it a bridge too far

Remove this Banner Ad

Racing WS Cox Plate 2024

Remove this Banner Ad

Back